ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: I FULLY Geeked Out Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314049)

DaneMcCloud 02-21-2018 09:24 PM

Star Wars: I FULLY Geeked Out Today

As most of you know, I've lived and worked in Hollywood since 1993. I've met an endless list of A List directors and actors. Most were really cool and I've become friends with more than a few. I've always treated these people with respect and I've never "Geeked Out" over meeting anyone, from Spielberg to EVH.

Well my friends, today was different.

I headed up to ride my bike at Lake Hollywood at 4:15 this afternoon, my normal time. I do 10 miles and have to leave at 5pm at this time of the year, because that's closing time. Next month it's 6pm, which gives me a little more time in case I'm running late with work. I ride from Gate-to-Gate and bypass the .7 mile portion in which it's on the street. People speed way too much and it's super wind-y, so I don't fee like riding defensively after a full day of work.

Anywho, I'm heading down the path of my first 1.7 miles and a I pass a couple. The guy is wearing a shoddy hoodie sweatshirt and the girl is speaking the King's English. The dude is also carrying a beer, which is prohibited by law at Lake Hollywood.

I think to myself, nah...

I come back around and pass them again, this time from behind, and I hear his voice after taking a swig of his beer. I think to myself, "Nah, no way. Too chubby".

The third time I pass them, I know it, so I stop:

Me: Oh my god! Rogue One is the GREATEST STAR WARS MOVIE EVAR!!!! I bought the BluRay, Digital On Demand, saw it in the theater 4 times and have watched it at least 50 times! Holy crap!

His girl: LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL

Gareth: Thanks, Mate! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah (I couldn't even think).

Me: Holy shit, Dude, you need to do more Star Wars! I love your work, Man!!

Gareth:
Spoiler!

Me: Dude, I LOVE YOUR STAR WARS MOVIE!!!!!!11111

Dane out.

Bowser 02-21-2018 09:32 PM

Hahaha, you went total Star Wars fanboy nerd on Gareth Edwards! That's fantastic! Glad he took your freaking out in good humor!

Hammock Parties 02-21-2018 09:43 PM

That's absolutely fantastic.

DaneMcCloud 02-21-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13429542)
Hahaha, you went total Star Wars fanboy nerd on Gareth Edwards! That's fantastic! Glad he took your freaking out in good humor!

It was insane. My daughter kept repeating what I told her tonight, laughing at the absurdity of it all.

Seriously, this was better than meeting Sir Paul.

#StarWarsGeekForever

DaneMcCloud 02-21-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13429555)
That's absolutely fantastic.

Dude, I could barely put together a coherent sentence.

I'm kind of embarrassed now, not because of the story, but because I couldn't think straight but what the hell! :)

Hammock Parties 02-21-2018 09:54 PM

It's kind of funny because I like Rogue One, and Gareth is cool, but I never would have done that.

Maybe you are a bigger geek than me. :D

Simply Red 02-21-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13429574)

Maybe you are a bigger geek than me. :D

oh, I doubt that.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13429578)
oh, I doubt that.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...vcbze9viop.gif

007 02-21-2018 11:37 PM

With any luck, they will give the trilogy to him.

BigRedChief 02-21-2018 11:47 PM

I’ve met a lot of famous people too. Although not so much entertainment bigwigs. l get that feeling when meeting someone you admire. I’ve never went full on fanboy but I’ve definitely felt like going full fanboy many times. As many as you have met, it’s about time you went full fanboy. :)

007 02-22-2018 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13429684)
I’ve met a lot of famous people too. Although not so much entertainment bigwigs. l get that feeling when meeting someone you admire. I’ve never went full on fanboy but I’ve definitely felt like going full fanboy many times. As many as you have met, it’s about time you went full fanboy. :)

I've only met a few famous people and it just did nothing for me. lol Of course, it was John Quade and David Copperfield and some of the members of the rock group Chicago. Got to shake their hands.

I've been thinking about is there anyone I might fully geek out about. Maybe Sean Connery, Nathan Fillion, and Bruce Willis.

listopencil 02-22-2018 03:45 AM

That's awesome. And I agree that Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie.

Red Brooklyn 02-22-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13429527)
Me: Holy shit, Dude, you need to do more Star Wars! I love your work, Man!!

Gareth:
Spoiler!

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

CrazyPhuD 02-22-2018 09:08 PM

ROFL :thumb:
As long as you weren't biking in a slave girl Leia costume its probably a pretty tame encounter for a Star Wars artist.

Tribal Warfare 02-22-2018 10:52 PM

I hope Gareth gets enough work and creative license to un**** TFA & TLJ