ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do you answer your door for strangers? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312356)

Bearcat 12-14-2017 07:12 PM

Do you answer your door for strangers?

You're not expecting anyone and otherwise have no reason not to answer the door (you're wearing pants, you're not performing open heart surgery, etc.).... do you open your door to see what they want?

Black Bob 12-14-2017 07:14 PM

No

BWillie 12-14-2017 07:15 PM

Nope.

Why Not? 12-14-2017 07:16 PM

Got a Ring video doorbell system for my birthday this week. Never answering the door again. Friends and family know they need not knock at my place.

TribalElder 12-14-2017 07:18 PM

With video now you can tell who is at the door. No, I don't give a **** what you are trying to sell me, gtfo

Reerun_KC 12-14-2017 07:19 PM

Where I live. If the door bell rings or someone knocks, you answer door with a .45. Out in the country meth heads be methy.

Easy 6 12-14-2017 07:25 PM

Yes, and usually after checking, but its a small town with little to worry about

If its someone pushing something, I am more than capable of being rude... dont need any, sorry!

Rain Man 12-14-2017 07:25 PM

My front door is all glass, so if I can see someone, they can see me. I'll usually answer it even if it's a stranger, but I keep one foot in front of the door to block it and only open the door enough to talk. The only people that ever ring my bell are:

1. pizza delivery people for my apartment who come to the wrong door.
2. political panhandlers that I can be snarky to since I hate the company that they work for.
3. a neighbor dropping off zucchini since anyone who ever grows zucchini ends up with ten times more than they need.

Maybe once per year a panhandler will come to the door, which is annoying. But I just say no in a friendly manner so they don't vandalize my property.

BWillie 12-14-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13284106)
With video now you can tell who is at the door. No, I don't give a **** what you are trying to sell me, gtfo

How much was your video entry system?

MTG#10 12-14-2017 07:31 PM

Hell no. Only thing worse than telemarketers are canvassers.

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2017 07:33 PM

Nope.

Main floor is two stories up. I have Call Box that rings the phone system so that I can allow people through the exterior gate but I only buzz up people that I know.

If it's someone that says they're with Amazon or USPS, I either walk out on a balcony to verify or look out a window.

There have been way too many burglaries in our neighborhood the past few years, including mail theft.

rico 12-14-2017 07:36 PM

Not unsolicited. Mostly because I generally don't want to be bothered when I am chilling in my house.

Bearcat 12-14-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13284126)
My front door is all glass, so if I can see someone, they can see me. I'll usually answer it even if it's a stranger, but I keep one foot in front of the door to block it and only open the door enough to talk. The only people that ever ring my bell are:

1. pizza delivery people for my apartment who come to the wrong door.
2. political panhandlers that I can be snarky to since I hate the company that they work for.
3. a neighbor dropping off zucchini since anyone who ever grows zucchini ends up with ten times more than they need.

Maybe once per year a panhandler will come to the door, which is annoying. But I just say no in a friendly manner so they don't vandalize my property.

I did forget the "Yes, but only when they can see me" option.

At my last place, there was a front window positioned perfectly so someone walking onto the front porch could easily see me sitting on the couch before even reaching the door, and they'd often make eye contact, so I felt like it was necessary to answer the door.

Otherwise, one day I asked myself why the hell I ever answer the door, because it's not like I've ever been glad I did.

Prison Bitch 12-14-2017 07:39 PM

Only if they're hot and busty

lewdog 12-14-2017 07:49 PM

I do sometimes. We have a solid door and a steel security screen door in front of that. I many times will just open the main door and talk to them through the locked screen door. Many times just to tell them to go back and look at my "No Soliciting" sign. Once they walk backwards to look at it, I shut the door.