ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Ten things about my day today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312036)

Rain Man 12-03-2017 09:23 PM

Ten things about my day today.

10. I drove to my monthly race today in Los Angeles. I took the 73 to the 5 to the 405 to the 605 to the Ventura Freeway on the way out, though I made one wrong turn on the Pasadena Freeway. On the way back I took the 134 to the 5 to the 405 to the 710 to the Pacific Coast Highway. I can speak Californian.

9. If I was to get signed by the Chiefs as a kick returner, I'd field kickoffs in the end zone and kneel. So I, as a 50+ male, would be an actual, honest to god upgrade to the Chiefs' kickoff return team, because my average field position would be the 25 yard line.

8. Champs Sports Bar in Burbank has the worst waitress I've encountered in years. She provided spectacularly bad service with a particularly poor attitude. I would have refused to tip her, but she never gave me a check. Ever. I eventually went to the manager and gave him some cash, which I planned to be roughly the amount of the check without tip. I tried not to tip her, which would be my first non-tipping restaurant visit in at least 10 years, but I didn't know the cost or much exact change. So if you ever go to Burbank, don't go to Champs Sports Bar.

7. If the Chiefs consistently passed the ball downfield to Hill and Kelce, they would have the best offense in the league. It's a proven fact, albeit primarily theoretical.

6. My race today was 13.1 miles. About a quarter-mile in, a young women ran up beside me and asked, "What do you expect for a finishing time?" I said, "About two hours and ten minutes." She then peeled away from me and I heard her call back to her friend, "Okay, this guy's running a 2:10. Let's run behind him for the whole race and we'll meet our target." Talk about pressure to perform.

5. I still have no idea what Bennie Logan did to draw a penalty on that field goal.

4. I ran my race today in 2:10:10. When the pressure is on, I almost come through in the clutch but fall just short by an excruciatingly small margin. Because Chiefs fan.

3. The NFL needs to solve this whole "penalties decide the game" problem. Do we ever have a touchdown where we don't all look around for flags before we even think to celebrate?

2. I saw some impressive hobo camps today on my run. In a sign of how challenging it is to make it in the arts, two of the hobo tents contained full drum sets - bass, snares, cymbals, everything.

1. My rental car doesn't have "park" on the gear shift. It only has reverse, neutral, and drive, and you have to push a button to put the car into park. It freaks me out.

DaneMcCloud 12-03-2017 09:30 PM

11. You should have PM’d me that you’d be in town. Champ’s has been awful since the 90’s. I’d have recommended 33 Taps or better yet, had you over at the casagrande.

HemiEd 12-03-2017 09:31 PM

Riveting, sounds like your trip was well worth it.

Did those gals end up behind you?

I was exposed to the California talk a lot and used to think it was pretty funny.

Bearcat 12-03-2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13260122)
10. I drove to my monthly race today in Los Angeles. I took the 73 to the 5 to the 405 to the 605 to the Ventura Freeway on the way out, though I made one wrong turn on the Pasadena Freeway. On the way back I took the 134 to the 5 to the 405 to the 710 to the Pacific Coast Highway. I can speak Californian.

Until I read the last sentence, I was thinking... WTF, this shit has spread to Colorado?!?

Placing a park button anywhere besides the gear shift is overthinking it.

DaFace 12-03-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13260122)
3. The NFL needs to solve this whole "penalties decide the game" problem. Do we ever have a touchdown where we don't all look around for flags before we even think to celebrate?

This is at the root of what I think it driving a lot of people away from the game. We've had two games now where a flag-o-rama has resulted in time running off the clock and repeated chances for our opponent to score.

Are some of the flags legit? Without question. But there have also been some very questionable calls, too.

It's completely unsatisfying to see a game end like that.

Rain Man 12-03-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13260145)
11. You should have PM’d me that you’d be in town. Champ’s has been awful since the 90’s. I’d have recommended 33 Taps or better yet, had you over at the casagrande.

You're there, that's right. I'd like to meet up at some point as long as I don't run into Marilyn Manson on the way. Long story, but it would be awkward.

And you're right about Champs.

Rain Man 12-03-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13260150)
Riveting, sounds like your trip was well worth it.

Did those gals end up behind you?

I was exposed to the California talk a lot and used to think it was pretty funny.

I think I lost them. I only got a quick look at the woman who talked to me and never saw the other woman. But I didn't see anyone who looked like her at the finish line when I stopped and turned around.

Rain Man 12-03-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13260152)
Until I read the last sentence, I was thinking... WTF, this shit has spread to Colorado?!?

Placing a park button anywhere besides the gear shift is overthinking it.

They should at least explain it. I stopped the car at my destination and had no idea what to do for a while.

Simply Red 12-03-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

this

Buehler445 12-03-2017 09:59 PM

#9 :Lin:

Buehler445 12-03-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13260163)
This is at the root of what I think it driving a lot of people away from the game. We've had two games now where a flag-o-rama has resulted in time running off the clock and repeated chances for our opponent to score.

Are some of the flags legit? Without question. But there have also been some very questionable calls, too.

It's completely unsatisfying to see a game end like that.

Agreed. I had never seen anything like the Raiders game. Now I've seen it twice. /shoots self in head.

DaneMcCloud 12-03-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13260191)
You're there, that's right. I'd like to meet up at some point as long as I don't run into Marilyn Manson on the way. Long story, but it would be awkward.

And you're right about Champs.

The calf competition alone would have been a nice alternative to the game

Rain Man 12-03-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13260244)
The calf competition alone would have been a nice alternative to the game

I went there straight after the race, so my calves would have been really ripped.

I stank a little bit, though.

Hey, maybe that's why the waitress was rude to me.

stevieray 12-03-2017 10:05 PM

10. I think you have use gnarly in your description.

cooper barrett 12-03-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

He wanted to see the game....Kidding:D:D:D:D:D