ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I just spent 31 days drinking nothing but water. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311248)

TinyEvel 11-01-2017 02:44 PM

I just spent 31 days drinking nothing but water.

1 Attachment(s)
NOTE: I did eat food. Just, the only liquid I drank for a month was water. Not even sparkling water, just plain water.

Over the years we've been a part of some weight loss threads and non-drinking threads on here. I'm not necessarily overweight but I'm at that age where I can't just let her rip in terms of eating and drinking if I want to be around for a long time.

I had gained 20 Lbs from 2015-2017 while I had lived in Kansas City (went from 227 to 248 - I'm 6'2") so I thought I should get back to my "California weight."

I recently had knee surgery and the Physical Therapist was recommending a non-inflammatory diet. I looked it up and HELL NO. It's basically giving up anything you would ever want to eat. So as a compromise, I figured I'd try just drinking water as the only liquid I drank for a month.

It took about ten days to feel the results, but after 30 days:

I lost 8 Lbs.
Blood Pressure went from 139/87 to 120/80
Belt is one notch tighter
I go to bed sleepy at 10pm and wake up at 5:30 with no alarm.
I'm alert and focused during the day
Skin feels younger.
Face thinner.

Pretty damn good! There were only a couple of times I was really jonesing for coffee or alcohol. It's actually a good thing I wasn't drinking during the Steelers or Oakland games, I might have to be replacing some pieces of broken furniture in my house by now.

I'd recommend it, if you've got the discipline. I am kind of that "all or nothing" type so once committed it was pretty easy. Have any of you done similar?

EDIT: To be clear, it wasn't a daily contest to see HOW MUCH water I could rink. I just replaced any liquid I would normally drink (e.g. coffee in the morning, a six pack of beer watching football) with water. And was conscious to have some throughout the day at a regular pace.

Dayze 11-01-2017 02:46 PM

did it improve digestion at all?

Rain Man 11-01-2017 02:46 PM

You've inspired me. I'm going to do this for the next thirty days, because I really need to lose 10 pounds. I keep pondering this type of thing but haven't done it.

Just to confirm, no Pibb or Dr. Pepper, right?

Dayze 11-01-2017 02:47 PM

Dr.Pepper is fine. it has 23 essential vitamins and minerals.

tooge 11-01-2017 02:48 PM

I went full vegan for 6 months. Lost 16 lbs without doing anything different from an excercise standpoint. I think much of the weight loss was muscle though. I went back to my normal diet, which is very healthy, and gained the weight back in probably another 6-8 months.

ptlyon 11-01-2017 02:48 PM

**** that...

Ragged Robin 11-01-2017 02:49 PM

try not eating meat you fat ****s

The Franchise 11-01-2017 02:50 PM

Did you just drink when you were thirsty or did you have a set amount of water you wanted to drink per day?

BlackHelicopters 11-01-2017 02:50 PM

Quit drinking soda about two years ago. Was 270 in July 2015. Now 195. I am 6ft 1 inch. No longer have to take BP meds. Still wake at 4 a.m. as usual. Ready for sleep by 10.

Rain Man 11-01-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13191549)
Dr.Pepper is fine. it has 23 essential vitamins and minerals.

Good point. So if I drink nothing but water and Dr. Pepper, that has to be pretty good for me, right?

Wait, that's what I'm doing now.

Amnorix 11-01-2017 02:51 PM

I basically cut out soda years ago and have never regretted it. That seemed to me to be a very easy "give" in terms of cutting out something obviously unhealthy and with no redeeming qualities which was nothing more than a bad habit.

Definitely no regrets.

ptlyon 11-01-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 13191554)
try not eating meat you fat ****s

Might just order me a large papa John's meat lovers just because of this thread.

BECAUSE OF THE GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE

Dayze 11-01-2017 02:52 PM

a while back, the wife and I went without any fast food whatsoever for an entire year.
each lost probably 25lbs. the 1 year anniversary, we went to Wendy's and each got a big ol meal.

we were both absolutely miserable the remainder of the day and evening. just felt bogged down, tired, upset stomachs, etc.

at the time, we needed a new dishwasher and oven, and we decided to do the no fast food thing for a year and use the the money we would've spent on fast food to pay for (or at least most of it) the appliances. worked out great.

of course, we're back to eating crap again, all too frequently. oh well.

eDave 11-01-2017 02:54 PM

I'm at about a month on strictly water myself. Feel more "alive". More sperm too.

Beef Supreme 11-01-2017 02:55 PM

I have tried to quit drinking diet Dr. Pepper on a few occasions, but that shit is worse than crack.