ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My thoughts on my city, Las Vegas (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310497)

Vegas_Dave 10-02-2017 03:59 PM

My thoughts on my city, Las Vegas

I am born and raised in Las Vegas. This is my home. My wife (who is also born and raised here) and I are raising our 5 kids in this city. Today sucked. Explaining to my kids that this is what evil looks like.

But then something popped on the TV that I could redeem to my kids... right as I said that, the TV started showing the lines of people - most over 5 hours long - standing to give blood. It might not be a huge thing, but it was something that I could point to my kids and say that this is what goodness looks like as well.

The news reports show the carnage. My city showed its true self today in its banding together to help our fellow man.

--update--

A close friend of mine did lose one of his close friends (one of the off-duty police who died).

My sister in law was in town on a "girl's weekend" and was planning on attending the concert last night but they changed their mind on going last night.

notorious 10-02-2017 04:00 PM

Excellent!

Halfcan 10-02-2017 04:00 PM

Best wishes to you and your family.

ToxSocks 10-02-2017 04:01 PM

I'm sure that line is a mixture of Republicans and Democrats too. At the end of the day we're all just humans trying to make the best of what we got, and help whenever we can.

Vegas_Dave 10-02-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13117643)
I'm sure that line is a mixture of Republicans and Democrats too. At the end of the day we're all just humans trying to make the best of what we got, and help whenever we can.

We all bleed the same.

Pitt Gorilla 10-02-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave (Post 13117634)
I am born and raised in Las Vegas. This is my home. My wife (who is also born and raised here) and I are raising our 5 kids in this city. Today sucked. Explaining to my kids that this is what evil looks like.

But then something popped on the TV that I could redeem to my kids... right as I said that, the TV started showing the lines of people - most over 5 hours long - standing to give blood. It might not be a huge thing, but it was something that I could point to my kids and say that this is what goodness looks like as well.

The news reports show the carnage. My city showed its true self today in its banding together to help our fellow man.

LOTS of good people in the world. There are stories of heroes during this tragedy, giving their lives to help others.

cabletech94 10-02-2017 04:31 PM

sorry for the pain. this will pass. good for everyone who donated. prayers to those hurt by such a senseless act.

vailpass 10-02-2017 04:35 PM

I was thinking this morning how I was going to talk with my youngest about this. He's 12, growing up in this shit storm we live in. I can't imagine what it's like for
you living there. Wish you the best with it.
Good on you for finding the positive for them.
FWIW Phoenix stands with Vegas.

Hoopsdoc 10-02-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13117658)
LOTS of good people in the world. There are stories of heroes during this tragedy, giving their lives to help others.

Far far FAR more good people in the world than there are bad.

Sometimes it's hard to see that, though.

DaFace 10-02-2017 04:52 PM

Well said.

ChiefsChick23 10-02-2017 04:59 PM

I lived in Las Vegas for a year, and my youngest was born there. I loved living in that amazing city, and I miss it to this day. A part of me will always be there in spirit.

Of course Las Vegans stepped up. Not surprised one bit.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 10-02-2017 05:09 PM

Always search for the light in the darkness

RINGLEADER 10-02-2017 05:12 PM

There will always be evil. As long as there is good in the other column Evil doesn't stand a chance.

Best to you and your city.

frozenchief 10-02-2017 05:14 PM

Well said.

Why Not? 10-02-2017 05:35 PM

Best to you guys. I love your city and am bringing a group of 20 to visit it in December. We will have an especially good time to honor all who perished. **** evil people.