ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Three Things About Last Night's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309618)

gblowfish 08-26-2017 08:39 AM

Three Things About Last Night's Game

My pre-season tune up for the regular season.

3. Seattle's fans are a lot like our fans, except they've had the experience of a Super Bowl or two since our last trip. As far as the national CBS Broadcast, Dan Fouts is an insufferable prick. He's always held a grudge against KC because he was in our division, and KC was a laughing stock during his playing days, so he's always looked his nose down at us. The fewer games we draw him as a color commentator, the better.

2. Elvis, uh I mean Casshole, uh...I mean Alex Smiff: I've come to the firm belief that Smiff is just a slightly better than average NFL starting QB. You can make a firm argument that he's the third best in our division, only Semen for the Donks is worse, and not by much. Smiff's receivers did him no favors; but if you watch his throws, they're never on the numbers or in stride. They're high, or low, or behind the receiver. Maholmie, on the other hand, hits guys where they can do something with the ball once its been delivered. Yeah, it's going to be a learning year for Mahomie behind Smiff. But the kid has promise. I'm much more optimistic than when we picked him over Watson on draft day.

1. How many times did our D-line line up offsides? Four? Five? More? That's seems like a pretty simple in game fix, but double digit penalties is not in character for a Andy Reid coached team. So we'll not make too big a deal out of that. QB pressure was poor on Wilson, Jones got the only clean shot sack on him. Maybe in a real game Justin Houston would change that dynamic. D-backs all covered relatively well for a pre-season game. I'm a little bit worried about Nelson and Gaines. Nelson tends to draw DPIs at inopportune times, and Gaines dropped an INT he should have had easy. Also worried about Eric Berry having NO pre-season reps. I hope he's able to step in and play against the Pats without looking bad.

OK, now I'll put on my baseball cap and watch. Don't want to strain anything.

Oh, and certainly hope Ware is going to be OK. We seriously need him for third and short.

Shaid 08-26-2017 08:43 AM

I despise Fouts with every once of my soul. He's always a jackass to anything Chiefs related. He needs to fall asleep under an AIDS tree.

Red Dawg 08-26-2017 08:46 AM

The Smith years are wasted years. Another example for us to swallow of wasting many years of talent with a scrap heap QB. We had the luxury last season of the defense and ST's winning games despite Smiths shit play and pitiful efforts to get td's. We will not be that fortunate again and it may get ugly.

gblowfish 08-26-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13038698)
The Smith years are wasted years. Another example for us to swallow of wasting many years of talent with a scrap heap QB. We had the luxury last season of the defense and ST's winning games despite Smiths shit play and pitiful efforts to get td's. We will not be that fortunate again and it may get ugly.

Smiff has a good regular season record, because of non-offensive points support. Defense and ST's scoring for him. He's good enough to get you into the playoff dance, but when he comes up against someone better, like Luck, or Brady, or Rapistburger, he loses. The only QB he's beaten in the playoffs was Brian Hoyer. Brian......Freaking.....Hoyer. Think about that for a minute.

notorious 08-26-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13038702)
Smiff has a good regular season record, because of non-offensive points support. Defense and ST's scoring for him. He's good enough to get you into the playoff dance, but when he comes up against someone better, like Luck, or Brady, or Rapistburger, he loses. The only QB he's beaten in the playoffs was Brian Hoyer. Brian......Freaking.....Hoyer. Think about that for a minute.

Drop the mic and walk off gb

Sandy Vagina 08-26-2017 09:01 AM

remembering a time when gb wasn't just the same old CP "Smiff" hater. Aaaaahhhh...

I absolutely love animal lovers, so I won't dig much on this.. but wow.. dumb dumb ****ing ridiculous dumb.

Quote:

Smiff's receivers did him no favors; but
:facepalm:

Quote:

Maholmie, on the other hand, hits guys where they can do something with the ball
:facepalm:

Quote:

You know.. I'd like to take the time to think about that and all.. but I can't push the "you're a tool you're a tool you're a massive tool" outta my thoughts.

Alex Smith is nothing special.. other than his win % and perseverance from the first handful of terribad supporting cast. Mahomes may be great and I hope he will be.

.. but you will always be that poster that was once useful and fair.. and now devolved into a more eloquent SDH. Not mad. Just very disappointed that this is what has become of you. Good day sir. Continue to be good and kind to your pets.

Best22 08-26-2017 09:01 AM

Fouts just sounds like a bitter aswipe. Not a winner. Something tells me Plunkett would be a lot more secure when announcing the Chiefs. After all, Plunkett experienced success so he has little reason to be an azz.

Dan Fouts just trying to pretend it's still 1981. Pathetic.

gblowfish 08-26-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 13038710)
remembering a time when gb wasn't just the same old CP "Smiff" hater. Aaaaahhhh... Not mad. Just very disappointed that this is what has become of you. Good day sir. Continue to be good and kind to your pets.

https://i.imgflip.com/1urpbu.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Halfcan 08-26-2017 09:14 AM

How many times can Fouts say "Legion of Boom" during one football game- he acted like he coined the phrase.

Does Zombo know he is supposed to tackle the runner? On the first Seatle drive- runs up and immediately engages the blocker while letting the runner skate by. Ford looked lost out there as well. With Mauga, Zombo, Hali being either slow, old or both- Pretty worried about the LB depth.

Even when Gaines is finally in the perfect spot to make a play- he drops it. Nelson was burned all night and between the two will be all Brady needs to carve us up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Is there a game that Jah Reid plays in he does not get a stupid penalty? Terrible.

With Veech bragging about not needing the waiver wire because we are loaded with talent and all the reports of Alex looking like a HOFer in camp- the Chiefs have their hype machine running full tilt. The proof was on the field though and it was the same old unprepared sloppy ass start we have grown to expect from Andy.

Knowing that Alex will be trotting out there to lead this bungling squad against the Champs the first game, really takes all the excitement out of upcoming football season. We have watched this all before and know how it will end.

TEX 08-26-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13038698)

I'm not thinking all "that" ugly - maybe 9 wins at lowest / maybe 10 and a WC - but I do believe that this is the last year we see the aging guys on defense along with Smith and slap dick WR's - and dare I say even Justin Houston? (could be wrong there but dude needs to play or go elsewhere and get paid to sit)... This group has this year to produce, because next season the Mahomes Era begins, and with it many changes.

Sandy Vagina 08-26-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13038721)
We have watched this all before and know how it will end.

probably.

Last night was a shit-show that we certainly have witnessed many times before. I'm thrilled at least that this was just a preseason game.. and I think if they are going to suck like that, hey.. this was a great time to do so.

Will be interesting to see if KC is in the top 5 for dropped passes yet AGAIN. Sure looks like it. Also looks like the playcalling (wtf with all the read option in preseason or at all???? ) will indeed be shit yet AGAIN.

:cuss:

Mike in SW-MO 08-26-2017 09:23 AM

Gaines came to us knowing he would be in position & make plays on the ball but cannot catch it to save his life.

Could be worse, (how many times did we scream turn your head to our dbs) but ints would be nice.

DJJasonp 08-26-2017 09:25 AM

its pre-season, so not going to freak out about what amounts to very vanilla play calling on both sides of the ball.

Smith is smith......and quite frankly, during the broadcast last night, I wondered to myself how a statistician determines "dropped balls".

Obviously, many of the balls thrown by Smith need an OBJ-like effort to haul-in.....so it may be an inflated number due to many thrown at knees, behind the receiver, etc. etc.

Mahomes - given a decent o-line, is going to be a real treat.

It's sad that I sit on my couch and get erection-like excitement out of a pass that MOST QBs in the league can throw.

Show's you how conditioned we've become to mediocrity at that position.

BlackHelicopters 08-26-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13038692)
My pre-season tune up for the regular season.

3. Seattle's fans are a lot like our fans, except they've had the experience of a Super Bowl or two since our last trip. As far as the national CBS Broadcast, Dan Fouts is an insufferable prick. He's always held a grudge against KC because he was in our division, and KC was a laughing stock during his playing days, so he's always looked his nose down at us. The fewer games we draw him as a color commentator, the better.

2. Elvis, uh I mean Casshole, uh...I mean Alex Smiff: I've come to the firm belief that Smiff is just a slightly better than average NFL starting QB. You can make a firm argument that he's the third best in our division, only Semen for the Donks is worse, and not by much. Smiff's receivers did him no favors; but if you watch his throws, they're never on the numbers or in stride. They're high, or low, or behind the receiver. Maholmie, on the other hand, hits guys where they can do something with the ball once its been delivered. Yeah, it's going to be a learning year for Mahomie behind Smiff. But the kid has promise. I'm much more optimistic than when we picked him over Watson on draft day.

1. How many times did our D-line line up offsides? Four? Five? More? That's seems like a pretty simple in game fix, but double digit penalties is not in character for a Andy Reid coached team. So we'll not make too big a deal out of that. QB pressure was poor on Wilson, Jones got the only clean shot sack on him. Maybe in a real game Justin Houston would change that dynamic. D-backs all covered relatively well for a pre-season game. I'm a little bit worried about Nelson and Gaines. Nelson tends to draw DPIs at inopportune times, and Gaines dropped an INT he should have had easy. Also worried about Eric Berry having NO pre-season reps. I hope he's able to step in and play against the Pats without looking bad.

OK, now I'll put on my baseball cap and watch. Don't want to strain anything.

Oh, and certainly hope Ware is going to be OK. We seriously need him for third and short.

Fouts solution? Double tap to head.

As always , thanks George.

Red Dawg 08-26-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13038724)
I'm not thinking all "that" ugly - maybe 9 wins at lowest and a WC - but I do believe that this is the last year we see the aging guys on defense along with Smith and slap dick WR's - and dare I say even Justin Houston? (could be wrong there but dude needs to play or go elsewhere and get paid to sit)... This group has this year to produce, because next season the Mahomes Era begins, and with it many changes.

Well let's investigate. We won't beat NE nor Dallas that's two losses. We won every division game last season and scored on a punt return in four of them that turned the table for a victory. That won't happen again so the chances of two division losses is more than likely. That's 4. Giants on the road I don't think we can win. 5 losses. I think we should assume that we will blow a game we should win. Maybe Buffalo so that's 6. We also should assume we will pull a miracle and win one we should lose like at home against Pitt in a revenge game so now we are back to 5. I'll role with 10 and a playoff exit if 10 is enough to get in. I left a toss up game out there.