ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** Official UFC 214 Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308997)

alnorth 07-29-2017 11:32 AM

*** Official UFC 214 Thread ***

UFC 214
Anaheim, CA

Main card - PPV - 9pm
Prelims - FXX - 7pm
Early Prelims - UFC Fightpass - 5:30 pm

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Uy6ogG4JudU/maxresdefault.jpg

Main Event

Light Heavyweight Title Bout

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chor...1501273185.jpg

Daniel Cormier (c)

Record: 19-1
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 205 lb
Reach: 72"
Nationality: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...States.svg.png

Last 5 fights:

4/8/17: Anthony Johnson - W, Sub (Rear Naked Choke)
7/9/16: Anderson Silva - W, UD (30-26x3)
10/3/15: Alexander Gustafsson - W, SD (47–48, 48–47, 49–46)
5/23/15: Anthony Johnson - W, Sub (Rear Naked Choke)
1/3/15: Jon Jones - L, UD (49-46x3)

VS.

Jon Jones (#1)

Record: 22-1
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 205 lb
Reach: 84"
Nationality: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...States.svg.png

Last 5 fights:

4/23/16: Ovince Saint Preux - W, UD (50-45x2, 50-44)
1/3/15: Daniel Cormier - W, UD (49-46x3)
4/26/14: Glover Teixeira - W, UD (50-45x3)
9/21/13: Alexander Gustaffson - W, UD (48-47x2, 49-46)
4/27/13: Chael Sonnen - W, TKO (Elbows and punches)

Results

(#1) Jon Jones defeats (c) Daniel Cormier - R3 TKO (head kick and punches) and is the new Light Heavyweight Champion
(c) Tyron Woodley defeats (#1) Demian Maia - UD (50-45, 49-46x2) and defends his Welterweight Championship
Cris Cyborg defeats Tonya Evinger - R3 TKO (knees and punches) and becomes the UFC Women's Featherweight Champion
(#3) Robbie Lawler defeats (#6) Donald Cerrone - UD (29-28x3)
(#5) Volkan Oezdemir defeats (#3) Jimi Manuwa - R1 KO (punches)
(#3) Ricardo Lamas defeats (#15) Jason Knight - R1 TKO (punches)
(#8) Aljamain Sterling defeats (#13) Renan Barao - UD (29-28, 29-27, 30-26)
(#8) Brian Ortega defeats (#9) Renato Moicano - R3 Sub (guillotine choke)
Calvin Kattar defeats Andre Fili - UD (30-27x3)
Alexandra Albu defeats Cailin Curran - UD (29-28x3)
Jarred Brooks defeats Eric Shelton - SD (29-28x2, 28-29)
Drew Dober defeats Joshua Burkman - R1 KO (punches)

alnorth 07-29-2017 11:34 AM

Now that everyone has made weight, this card will probably be on paper the best UFC PPV of the year. It is so stacked, that Lawler vs Cowboy isn't even one of the last 3 fights.

SAUTO 07-29-2017 11:39 AM

Well my little one and wife being stuck in kc killed my plans of crashing raybec's watch party.

Hoping to still catch it live

rico 07-29-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 12979556)
Now that everyone has made weight, this card will probably be on paper the best UFC PPV of the year. It is so stacked, that Lawler vs Cowboy isn't even one of the last 3 fights.

I wrestled Lawler 4 times. A Bettendorf guy. Wrestled him 3 times in JH, 1 time my Junior year (his Senior year) in HS. I was 3-1 against him. He beat me the 2nd time we wrestled in JH.

I can't believe how different of a fighter he is than he was a wrestler. He was a good wrestler...placed like 5th at state in a tough bracket... It's just that he was a very stallish guy... always low scoring matches. Our JH matches were decided by scores of 3-1, 4-3, 2-0... then in high school I beat him 8-2. He just didn't open up much and seemed slow and stallish.

Now I watch him in these UFC fights and he is explosive. I didn't even know he had it in him. Really.

It was his practice partner that I had trouble with. Anthony Bribriesco. I was 0-2 vs. that kid...and he was a year younger than me, 2 years younger than Lawler. He had the same style. Low scoring...hard to score on. Always wanting to slow the match down. Always had his hips blocked off in a freaking tripod. Ugh...I couldn't score against him. I was too aggressive and undisciplined.

It's crazy how this shit works out.

I never got beat by Joshua Neer. In fact, I always pinned him in the 1st or 2nd period.

Same thing with Joe Vedepo. Undefeated against him.

I was in a bracket at nationals that Clay Guida was in...he placed higher than me.

The one guy who has had UFC that totally owned me on the mat was Paul Bradley. That guy is tough as shit.

Anyways.

Demonpenz 07-29-2017 02:33 PM

I once caught a guitar pick at a sawyer brown show.

New World Order 07-29-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12979599)
I wrestled Lawler 4 times. A Bettendorf guy. Wrestled him 3 times in JH, 1 time my Junior year (his Senior year) in HS. I was 3-1 against him. He beat me the 2nd time we wrestled in JH.

I can't believe how different of a fighter he is than he was a wrestler. He was a good wrestler...placed like 5th at state in a tough bracket... It's just that he was a very stallish guy... always low scoring matches. Our JH matches were decided by scores of 3-1, 4-3, 2-0... then in high school I beat him 8-2. He just didn't open up much and seemed slow and stallish.

Now I watch him in these UFC fights and he is explosive. I didn't even know he had it in him. Really.

It was his practice partner that I had trouble with. Anthony Bribriesco. I was 0-2 vs. that kid...and he was a year younger than me, 2 years younger than Lawler. He had the same style. Low scoring...hard to score on. Always wanting to slow the match down. Always had his hips blocked off in a freaking tripod. Ugh...I couldn't score against him. I was too aggressive and undisciplined.

I never got beat by Joshua Neer. In fact, I always pinned him in the 1st or 2nd period.

I was in a bracket at nationals that Clay Guida was in...he placed higher than me.

The one guy who has had UFC that totally owned me on the mat was Paul Bradley. That guy is tough as shit.

Anyways.

That's pretty cool.

Josh Neer looks like the world's biggest asshole.

dlphg9 07-29-2017 03:52 PM

Gonna head to BWW to watch this bad boy.

Pants 07-29-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 12979556)
Now that everyone has made weight, this card will probably be on paper the best UFC PPV EVER. It is so stacked, that Lawler vs Cowboy isn't even one of the last 3 fights.

FYP

BWillie 07-29-2017 04:09 PM

What do I need to know? I dont follow ufc and have to watch this tonight with a bunch of ufc ppl

rico 07-29-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12979798)
That's pretty cool.

Josh Neer looks like the world's biggest asshole.

Josh Neer can be a huge asshole to people he doesn't know. I've known him since 4th grade. He was like that back then. He's one of these guys who is an asshole to strangers and people he considers lame, but would do anything for his friends. I'm not friends with him, but acquaintances with him. My lifelong practice partner is friends with him...they wrestled at Waldorf college together. I've been around him (other than wrestling him) through that.

In wrestling, he was a gunslinger. He would go for the big moves, but if you caught him on his back, it was like he didn't know where his shoulders were.

Easy 6 07-29-2017 05:23 PM

I hope you guys renting this one are active tonight, give us punters some play by play

Easy 6 07-29-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12979599)

Anyways.

Note to self - only start shit with rico while packing heat

alnorth 07-29-2017 06:46 PM

This Moicano vs Ortega fight is really kinda bananas.

WhawhaWhat 07-29-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 12980210)
This Moicano vs Ortega fight is really kinda bananas.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

New World Order 07-29-2017 08:08 PM

Who has a stream?