ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How in the hell are there more- (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308825)

cmdrzman 07-19-2017 04:19 PM

How in the hell are there more-

Brady jerseys sold in MO than Berry, Peters, Houston etc?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFG9zgCXoAEpbm7.jpg

Romeo64 07-19-2017 04:22 PM

How about Marshawn Lynch in Indiana and Iowa!:hmmm:

Rasputin 07-19-2017 04:22 PM

I have not seen one person wear a Marshawn Lynch jersey in Kansas.

Amnorix 07-19-2017 04:23 PM

Well, this is the NFLshop.com report, right? So whatever is sold in stores locally might not count. Might be only online orders. And since Brady jerseys, unlike Peters, etc., probably aren't hanging in every sporting goods store in the state...

:shrug: Just a guess. No clue to be honest.

Amnorix 07-19-2017 04:25 PM

Or maybe the lack of a single Chiefs player who everyone buys the jersey of is diluting things. If the Chiefs jerseys sales are fairly equally split between 5 or whatever players, then the single guy who is most popular for a non-Chiefs team might squeak by them all separately, even if all of them together would trounce.

Finally, what is the timeframe? Is this 2017 sales only? In that case, the Chiefs season was over, and their fans weren't buying jerseys. Then Brady goes and wins the SB and confirms GOATness, so everyone who had been thinking about it, goes and gets a Brady jersey. By end of the year, however, Chiefs players will have sold a ton of their own jerseys and have reclaimed the lead.

In58men 07-19-2017 04:28 PM

People really care about jersey sales? Who gives a ****.

The Franchise 07-19-2017 04:30 PM

There's a ton of bandwagon Patriots fans.

Coochie liquor 07-19-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12963171)
There's a ton of bandwagon Patriots fans.

This x a million. When they were horrible for decades I didn't see any jerseys of their shit team. Just wait til CryBrady retires in 8 more years after 5 more titles and their team will be shit again and their fanbase will be reduced to 1/4 of what it is now!!

cmdrzman 07-19-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12963162)
Well, this is the NFLshop.com report, right? So whatever is sold in stores locally might not count. Might be only online orders. And since Brady jerseys, unlike Peters, etc., probably aren't hanging in every sporting goods store in the state...

:shrug: Just a guess. No clue to be honest.

Yeah but Bradys been around for like 30 frekin years- How is it possible that dude is still leading in jersey sales?

BWillie 07-19-2017 04:45 PM

I really, really dislike it when people for no rhyme or reason pick a team to follow. Sure, if you follow all Boston sports. Fine. But people who live in Blue Springs, fav football team Patriots, fav basketball team Lakers, fav baseball team Yankees, and then theyll intently follow Manchester United. Have a backbone for god sakes.

BWillie 07-19-2017 04:47 PM

They may be from Missouri, but they identify as New Englanders.

Frazod 07-19-2017 04:50 PM

The NFL and ESPN have successfully created a legion of bandwagon zombies.

Woohoo.

I'll bet 90% of these turds have Lebron James jerseys hanging right next to their Brady jerseys.

The Franchise 07-19-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12963183)
I really, really dislike it when people for no rhyme or reason pick a team to follow. Sure, if you follow all Boston sports. Fine. But people who live in Blue Springs, fav football team Patriots, fav basketball team Lakers, fav baseball team Yankees, and then theyll intently follow Manchester United. Have a backbone for god sakes.

Is it ok if you're a kid? I'm not from KC.....but I'm a Chiefs fan.

Best22 07-19-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12963166)
Or maybe the lack of a single Chiefs player who everyone buys the jersey of is diluting things. If the Chiefs jerseys sales are fairly equally split between 5 or whatever players, then the single guy who is most popular for a non-Chiefs team might squeak by them all separately, even if all of them together would trounce.

Finally, what is the timeframe? Is this 2017 sales only? In that case, the Chiefs season was over, and their fans weren't buying jerseys. Then Brady goes and wins the SB and confirms GOATness, so everyone who had been thinking about it, goes and gets a Brady jersey. By end of the year, however, Chiefs players will have sold a ton of their own jerseys and have reclaimed the lead.

No way there are more Marshawn jerseys in Kansas than there are Bery jerseys. Just no way. I'm guessing these are just jersey orders

pugsnotdrugs19 07-19-2017 04:56 PM

Bandwagon/casual fans are dime a dozen.

Being emotionally invested, especially with a franchise such as the Chiefs, can be terrible sometimes. But when they are good and they win, there are few things more enjoyable.