ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Amazon Prime: HBO's Deadwood (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308422)

KCTitus 06-23-2017 07:45 PM

Amazon Prime: HBO's Deadwood

Deadwood was an HBO series that spanned 2004-05...probably one of the best series they ever did, but cancelled early. If you havent seen it, it's based upon the town of Deadwood, SD prior to being annexed as part of the US territory.

It's a great series and I've been dying to watch it again since 2005...just found it on Prime. I hope to find it on BluRay some day.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-23-2017 07:52 PM

It's been on Blu-Ray for years. You also owe it to yourself to watch The Wire which is available through Prime as well.

KCTitus 06-23-2017 08:09 PM

And so it is...I hadnt really searched for it on the net in years. I was just excited to find it on Prime and hadnt heard word of it for a while. BluRay's purchased..Thanks, Hamas.

keg in kc 06-23-2017 10:26 PM

I'm so glad he made John in Cincinnati instead of more Deadwood.

Grumble.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-23-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 12929365)
And so it is...I hadnt really searched for it on the net in years. I was just excited to find it on Prime and hadnt heard word of it for a while. BluRay's purchased..Thanks, Hamas.

I could have just given you the Blu-Ray set I bought for my stepdad five years ago that has never been opened :facepalm: . Never have I bought such a good gift that has gone to waste.

Buehler445 06-23-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

All HBOs stuff is on prime. I think you have to wait a year for anything new but all the vintage stuff is on there.

Wire
Oz
Rome
Deadwood
Boardwalk empire

ThaVirus 06-24-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12929354)
It's been on Blu-Ray for years. You also owe it to yourself to watch The Wire which is available through Prime as well.

I actually just finished up The Wire last week. I thought it was good, though it certainly would have been better had I viewed in during the time it aired. I mean, pagers, pay phones, the dress, the lingo. That shit feels like a lifetime ago.

Spoiler!

Gonzo 06-24-2017 01:12 AM

Rumor has it that HBO is going to revisit deadwood as a 2 hour movie. I think I heard something on that late last year.

HemiEd 06-24-2017 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 12929341)
Deadwood was an HBO series that spanned 2004-05...probably one of the best series they ever did, but cancelled early. If you havent seen it, it's based upon the town of Deadwood, SD prior to being annexed as part of the US territory.

It's a great series and I've been dying to watch it again since 2005...just found it on Prime. I hope to find it on BluRay some day.

04 to 05? Has it really been that long? Loved the series.

Wasn't much of a fan of the Wire or Oz though. That prisoner that wore makeup and dressed as a bitch gave me the creeps.

I have often wondered if Deadwood didn't get cancelled due to all of the racist stuff.

notorious 06-24-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12929632)

Grumble.

Yeah. I think they missed their window. Too late now.

Sigh.

Deberg_1990 06-24-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12929632)

Grumble.

Still waiting for season 2...

SuperChief 06-25-2017 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12929710)
Rumor has it that HBO is going to revisit deadwood as a 2 hour movie. I think I heard something on that late last year.

I think this is correct. Milcher has been in talks with execs about doing just that. Heard an interview with McShane about it, and the original cast seems all for it. Let's cross our fingers!

Rausch 06-26-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Amazing show.

Timothy Olyphant, Ian McShane, Molly Parker, just an amazing cast.

The stretch were Al Swearengen is passing a kidney stone might be my favorite...

Rausch 06-26-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12929710)

https://media.giphy.com/media/26uf6o...KGIw/giphy.gif

Swanman 06-26-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12932152)
Amazing show.

Timothy Olyphant, Ian McShane, Molly Parker, just an amazing cast.

The stretch were Al Swearengen is passing a kidney stone might be my favorite...

I heard an interview with Olyphant and the 3 or 4 episode arc where the little boy dies (great series of episodes) was written because the boy actor's mother was a pain in the balls on set so Milch decided to kill the kid off to be rid of the mother.

Then when Olyphant went to do Justified, they decided to not have Raylan have a kid (unlike the book) because of the potential of the parent(s) to be assholes on set.