ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Broncos forced non renewals to season ticket holders. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307664)

Chief Roundup 05-11-2017 07:06 PM

Broncos forced non renewals to season ticket holders.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/03...ckets-weeding/

The Denver Broncos booted season-ticket holders who didn’t go to a single game last season and that led to upgraded seats for 144 accounts and about 400 seats through Monday, compared to only 14 accounts and 39 seats the previous season, the club said.

When all upgrades are made, the forced non-renewals also will allow the Broncos to make season tickets available to some fans on the 75,000-person waiting list for the first time in six years and increase its very limited single-game ticket allotment. Last season, 97 percent of the seating capacity at Mile High Stadium came from season-ticket holders, leaving just 3 percent for single games.

The Broncos said their legal “weeding out” — based on technology in the electronic ticket resale market — is putting “more tickets in the hands of Denver Broncos fans,” team spokesman Patrick Smyth said Tuesday.

But it has outraged some long-time season-ticket holders who question how the Broncos can prove what tickets were sold and why they weren’t warned of the policy.
Broncos Season Ticket Holder Upset About Losing Seats
CBS Denver

Aurora’s Mike Fletcher, 69, had season tickets since 1977 but was told his 2016 no-show would end his annual agreement with the team. The season-ticket policy states that every account is a revocable license issued annually.
Related Articles

March 9, 2017 Good news for those at the front of the Broncos’ nearly 75,000 season tickets wait list

Fletcher appealed to the Broncos, saying a collapsed lung and lung-reduction surgery in 2016 forced him to sell his tickets last season. The team denied his appeal, and according to the Broncos’ ticket office, Fletcher’s tickets from 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 all were sold on the secondary market and used.

“I have tickets showing that I went to games, or I’d let my kids go and buy a handicap seat for myself,” Fletcher said of attending games from 2013-15.

“It’s been difficult for me to hold those tickets at times,” Fletcher said. “At times I couldn’t give those tickets away. A season-ticket holder has to give them their money in February of each year. If they’re checking anyone’s tickets, they ought to let people know that and put it in their policy.”

He added: “I guarantee you they didn’t take some of these sky-box owners’ tickets back if they didn’t go to at least one game. But how do they know that? How do we know that?”

Eric Siegler, who lives in Chicago, said he sold his seats last season to help support his cancer-stricken mother-in-law in Minnesota, who has since died. After being notified of his non-renewal, Siegler wrote an appeal letter to the Broncos, and also had his father, sister, aunt, cousin and three friends write the team. Each email was obtained by The Denver Post.

Denver just keeps on being the shit bag franchise that they have always been.

Squalor2 05-11-2017 07:16 PM

this guy is so ****ed by the broncos and trumpcare.

"Fletcher appealed to the Broncos, saying a collapsed lung and lung-reduction surgery in 2016 forced him to sell his tickets last season. The team denied his appeal"

mdchiefsfan 05-11-2017 07:19 PM

Strangely, I like the policy, but I don't like the execution. They should've given fans a fair warning, but a STH that lives in Chicago!? Come the hell on, man!

Quesadilla Joe 05-11-2017 07:21 PM

These people weren't planning on ever attending these games and only kept their tickets so they could flip them. Some of these people haven't attended a game in three years.

notorious 05-11-2017 07:35 PM

God Damn I would be pissed if they didn't refund my PSL.

PSL's are the biggest scam in sports ticketing.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-11-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 12868633)
These people weren't planning on ever attending these games and only kept their tickets so they could flip them. Some of these people haven't attended a game in three years.

So it's ok for the NFL to run ads during all their games for their own ticket exchange, but selling said tickets is now worthy of getting your ST stripped?

Get ****ed.

Squalor2 05-11-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 12868633)

thats plenty fair to ask but isnt that the same thing as a corporate box? they both buy seats and dont they have the wherewithal to put the butt they choose in them?

Chief Roundup 05-11-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12868652)
So it's ok for the NFL to run ads during all their games for their own ticket exchange, but selling said tickets is now worthy of getting your ST stripped?

Get ****ed.

This! ****ing donko scum.

Eureka 05-11-2017 08:14 PM

Ticket cost is way to high for most games. I have Raiders season tickets and can't believe what similiar seats are selling for online.

If you have great seats in Denver you can make extra money selling them online. Sucks for those season ticket holders.

DaFace 05-11-2017 08:20 PM

The Broncos have a monstrous waiting list for season tickets. I don't have any issue with them booting people out to make a buck in order to let someone in who's been waiting for a decade.

DaFace 05-11-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12868652)

Get ****ed.

Selling tickets to a game or two that you can't make it to every year is perfectly fine.

Selling every ticket to every game over the course of a number of years is scalping.

There's a difference.

eDave 05-11-2017 08:25 PM

Pretty cool business decision. Could have been rolled out better is all.

DaFace 05-11-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12868651)
God Damn I would be pissed if they didn't refund my PSL.

PSL's are the biggest scam in sports ticketing.

Just for the record, the Broncos don't do PSL's.

ping2000 05-11-2017 08:28 PM

I love this policy. How do you think the ****tard Steeler fans fill up opposing stadiums everywhere? I support anything that keeps those pieces of shit from travelling.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...56afd9d190.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6e522e00b2.jpg

eDave 05-11-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 12868737)
I love this policy. How do you think the ****tard Steeler fans fill up opposing stadiums everywhere?

Great point. Keep home field advantage a home field advantage. But it works the other way too. If this becomes standard practice, I will have less options to see Chiefs games out this way.