ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News The Friendly Skies... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307058)

gblowfish 04-10-2017 03:12 PM

The Friendly Skies...

Just kicked some poor guys ass for refusing to give up his seat!
You never see this on the United Airlines commercials....

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ompting-outcry

Frazod 04-10-2017 03:36 PM

****ing airlines are despicable. If you aren't some rich hotshot flying first class, they don't give a shit about you, your problems, or anything else.

I can't imagine I would have handled such a situation very well. At all. Especially since they bounced him, a paying customer, for an employee.

I'm flying to Atlanta next month. Not looking forward to dealing with these shitbags.

Reerun_KC 04-10-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12818005)
****ing airlines are despicable. If you aren't some rich hotshot flying first class, they don't give a shit about you, your problems, or anything else.

I can't imagine I would have handled such a situation very well. At all. Especially since they bounced him, a paying customer, for an employee.

I'm flying to Atlanta next month. Not looking forward to dealing with these shitbags.

Dang, I fly the airlines all the time and never if ever have any issues with airline employees...

But then again if you go in with a shit attitude, you will get shit results.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-10-2017 03:39 PM

The worst is they boarded the plane and then wanted people to get off. United airlines is despicable. It's their poor planning the this happened and there was plenty of time for that flight crew to get to their destination the following day. They should have increased the $$ on the voucher until they get volunteers willing to give up a seat. Saving a few hundred bucks will cost them millions in bad PR and what I'm sure will be a lawsuit or a settlement.

PHOG 04-10-2017 03:41 PM

This is completely unacceptable, to cheap out on the vouchers is now going to be quite costly, I would imagine.

The Franchise 04-10-2017 03:43 PM

I love how it's accepted that they overbook their flights and then expect people to just take vouchers to give up their seats. How about you don't overbook your flight, ****ing morons?

Reerun_KC 04-10-2017 03:43 PM

Which one of you was that lady whining?

Someone needs to shoot that cow in the face...

Frazod 04-10-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12818013)
Dang, I fly the airlines all the time and never if ever have any issues with airline employees...

Shit attitude?

You're sitting in the seat, THAT YOU PAID FOR, and some assholes come along and say get off the plane? What was he supposed to do? Tip them?

I know you're a pilot, so perhaps you're a bit out of touch with the shit the little people go through when we fly. Long lines, wretched service, TSA goons treating us like criminals, ever narrowing seats, paying extra for everything, and hey, even if you pay and get in your tiny little seat, some **** airline employee can bounce you off and if you resist more goons show up to kick your ass.

Yay airlines. :shake:

RunKC 04-10-2017 03:48 PM

This is why you should always choose Southwest

Iowanian 04-10-2017 03:48 PM

I have a feeling that guy will be in first class for a while after that bullshit.

Once you're approved and on board I don't see how they can change their mind about your seat availability unless you've done something wrong.

I realize the pilot above is biased....I don't fly a lot but I've had good and bad experiences.
Last year, a United Flight I was supposed to be on with some co-workers was delayed 3 times, then cancelled.
We had an early meeting in another city the next morning and the agent's solution was for us to fly to Chicago...to see if we could catch a stand-by that was currently full.

She wanted to send me 5hrs from home, to sleep in an airport for a flight I "might" have a chance to get on...and in addition didn't think we'd get a refund citing weather reasons for the delay. There were none.

Instead, we left at 8pm, drove all night, arrived in our destination at 5:30am and I made it to my 7:30 meeting. United can suck balls. my balls.

The Bunk 04-10-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12818013)

These people have to deal with pissed off assholes all day. I'd be in a bad mood too.

But, as you say, I've found that if I speak to them in a calm, respectful manner, I have a much more positive experience than if I was hurling obscenities at them.

That being said, Southwest employees > all other airlines.

Reerun_KC 04-10-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12818028)
Shit attitude?

You're sitting in the seat, THAT YOU PAID FOR, and some assholes come along and say get off the plane? What was he supposed to do? Tip them?

I know you're a pilot, so perhaps you're a bit out of touch with the shit the little people go through when we fly. Long lines, wretched service, TSA goons treating us like criminals, ever narrowing seats, paying extra for everything, and hey, even if you pay and get in your tiny little seat, some **** airline employee can bounce you off and if you resist more goons show up to kick your ass.

Yay airlines. :shake:

I dont disagree about this, I was talking airline employees in general. Most have to deal with shitty passengers that feel they are entitled.

I have known crewmember status, I dont have to deal with TSA anymore. I also have global entry so I can easily pass custom lines in the airports also.

TSA folks are a complete joke, dont get me started with them....

Reerun_KC 04-10-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 12818032)
I have a feeling that guy will be in first class for a while after that bullshit.

Once you're approved and on board I don't see how they can change their mind about your seat availability unless you've done something wrong.

This...

Not sure why they chose that one individual... They should of apologized to him and dumped that ****ing cow with the annoying voice off the plane...

But once you are ticketed and boarded, thats it, you dont pull people off the plane. PERIOD!

gblowfish 04-10-2017 03:53 PM

I wonder if they pilot played "Rhapsody in Blue" on the sound system while the airport police drug the guy out after bashing him in the mouth?

Frazod 04-10-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12818039)
I dont disagree about this, I was talking airline employees in general. Most have to deal with shitty passengers that feel they are entitled.

I have known crewmember status, I dont have to deal with TSA anymore. I also have global entry so I can easily pass custom lines in the airports also.

TSA folks are a complete joke, dont get me started with them....

I feel like if I've paid for seat, and have already boarded the plane and sat down in that seat, I have the right to stay in that seat. He was randomly selected to be deplaned so that an airline employee could get his seat. It's not like he was drunk or flicking boogers at people.

This is simply indefensible.