ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Seattle (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306790)

JimNasium 03-25-2017 02:22 PM

Seattle

I'm headed to Seattle soon and I'm looking for some travel advice as I've never been to the Pacific Northwest.. I'm not much on touristy sorts of things so not really interested in the Space Needle. I prefer to hang out where the locals do. Me and the Mrs. are foodies, like a good craft beer and love live music. Whatcha got?

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-25-2017 02:43 PM

Just make sure your semen is kept in a cooler between 55 and 63 degrees at all times and try to stir it twice daily.

frozenchief 03-25-2017 03:11 PM

Pike place brewery has a good selection of beers. Von's gastropub on first has a great booze selection. Best craft cocktail bar is Cannon, which is a bit east of downtown. Any of Tom Douglas' restaurants are really good. I tend to Serious Pie or Lola. Walrus and Carpenter in Ballard is a great seafood restaurant. Elliott's on the waterfront has a great oyster selection and is near the aquarium, which is well worth it.

Fine dining? I'd try Crush or Lark. I've really enjoyed those.

If you're there for a few days, see if you can go about an hour north of the city to Whidbey Island. Stay at The Inn at Langley. Reminds me a bit of wine country. Quiet and off the beaten track with good food.

If I think of more, I'll post again, but that's what comes to mind. Seattle is a great eating town. If you like sushi, there are lots of places. I like Japonessa downtown.

FlaChief58 03-25-2017 03:19 PM

#mickdodge

You're welcome

Easy 6 03-25-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 12797378)
#mickdodge

You're welcome

Be sure to buy some of his famous Mountain Berry Toe Jam!

GloucesterChief 03-25-2017 04:11 PM

Buy a case of these to bring home:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...g?v=1380578298

or at least a few canisters.

Bugeater 03-25-2017 05:06 PM

It's a horrible city. Congested, expensive, ****ing homeless people everywhere, never stops raining. Go somewhere else.

Frazod 03-25-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 12797512)
It's a horrible city. Congested, expensive, ****ing homeless people everywhere, never stops raining. Go somewhere else.

I didn't want to be the first person to say it, but yeah, Seattle is pretty nasty. I'd add filthy and blighted to the mix, and that was in the heart of the downtown area. And as far as the famous fish market goes, to me it just smelled like dead fish (although admittedly it would probably be better early in the day, as opposed to just before closing).

Plus, the one true positive highlight of our brief stay was a wonderful restaurant called the Icon Grill, which had excellent service, was beautifully decorated and offered perhaps the most delicious pasta dish I've ever eaten in my life. It closed earlier in the year because the building it was in has been condemned.

I like Chicago much more than Seattle, and I hate Chicago.

There was some lovely scenery off in the distance, though.

We also visited Victoria, British Columbia, which sort of reminded me of Seattle, except it was clean and pretty, and we weren't constantly surrounded by rude, smelly bums and hipsters.

scho63 03-25-2017 06:04 PM

Nashville, DC and now Seattle?

This board is turning into a regular Zagat's or Fodor's Travel Guide

Coochie liquor 03-25-2017 06:14 PM

Just sample the legal herbs.

Bugeater 03-25-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12797556)
I didn't want to be the first person to say it, but yeah, Seattle is pretty nasty. I'd add filthy and blighted to the mix, and that was in the heart of the downtown area. And as far as the famous fish market goes, to me it just smelled like dead fish (although admittedly it would probably be better early in the day, as opposed to just before closing).

Plus, the one true positive highlight of our brief stay was a wonderful restaurant called the Icon Grill, which had excellent service, was beautifully decorated and offered perhaps the most delicious pasta dish I've ever eaten in my life. It closed earlier in the year because the building it was in has been condemned.

I like Chicago much more than Seattle, and I hate Chicago.

There was some lovely scenery off in the distance, though.

We also visited Victoria, British Columbia, which sort of reminded me of Seattle, except it was clean and pretty, and we weren't constantly surrounded by rude, smelly bums and hipsters.

Yeah, if you get out of the city there are cool places to visit, and I'm sure it has its hidden gems, but I've been there twice now and both times left feeling like there was no reason to hurry back.

Bewbies 03-25-2017 09:01 PM

Drive up to Anacortes and take the ferry to the San Juan Islands. Amazing, amazing place.

We went up to Seattle, San Juan Island, Vancouver and Whistler last year and easily I'd tell everyone on that itinerary to avoid the cities and head to the islands and the mountains. So so beautiful.

I'm actually planning on moving up there in the next few years I loved it so much.

HonestChieffan 03-25-2017 09:19 PM

Great place to bum spot. No problem seeing some junkies and street pissers even in mid afternoon. Its like SanFran with no sewers.

Drive 30 miles in any direction and its awesome beautiful country with superb seafood and wine. Nice people.

JimNasium 03-26-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 12797512)

Meh, I'm going for work. I'll make the best of it. Thanks for your helpful response.:shake::D

JimNasium 03-26-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 12797985)
Drive up to Anacortes and take the ferry to the San Juan Islands. Amazing, amazing place.

We went up to Seattle, San Juan Island, Vancouver and Whistler last year and easily I'd tell everyone on that itinerary to avoid the cities and head to the islands and the mountains. So so beautiful.

I'm actually planning on moving up there in the next few years I loved it so much.

Thanks. This is the sort of advice I was hoping for.