ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Jabril Peppers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306379)

O.city 03-03-2017 04:41 PM

Jabril Peppers

So Dorsey talked about him a little this weekend apparently, so I thought we could too.

Is he a safety or a linebacker? With as much nickel and dime as the chiefs play, he's interesting to me next to dj in there.

Thoughts

RippedmyFlesh 03-03-2017 04:49 PM

I don't like him for us. A safety whos a gimmick o player. He could return kicks also. We just don't need what he brings. We have the best safety in football. A jag next to berry is good enough.

Sfeihc 03-03-2017 04:49 PM

PURE STUD

O.city 03-03-2017 04:53 PM

He'd have to play more the deone Buchanon role at ilb/safety.

I dunno, just tossing around an idea

Mr. Laz 03-03-2017 04:57 PM

Peppers with Berry would allow us to shift safeties around without hurting our run defense.

Willie Lanier 03-03-2017 09:04 PM

I see him as a safety first, that can slide into the box and play nickel lb if needed...

Sounds an awful lot like the player we just paid 78 mil for, so I don't see him as a fit (but that's just me)

Urc Burry 03-03-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Lanier (Post 12767442)
I see him as a safety first, that can slide into the box and play nickel lb if needed...

Sounds an awful lot like the player we just paid 78 mil for, so I don't see him as a fit (but that's just me)

:rolleyes:
They're not similar players at all. Peppers would strictly be a SS/Dime backer. Berry can obviously do that. But he's also an all pro as a deep safety. If you want to do comparisons Peppers would be a not as physical Kam, where as Berry can do the job at that spot or the deep spot ala Earl Thomas. What makes Berry so special is his versatility.

I'm indifferent on Peppers. I think he would have a spot on this defense, but he isn't going to be on the field more than 65% of the time. I feel like a first rounder could be put to better use

Willie Lanier 03-03-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 12767503)
:rolleyes:
They're not similar players at all. Peppers would strictly be a SS/Dime backer. Berry can obviously do that. But he's also an all pro as a deep safety. If you want to do comparisons Peppers would be a not as physical Kam, where as Berry can do the job at that spot or the deep spot ala Earl Thomas. What makes Berry so special is his versatility.

I'm indifferent on Peppers. I think he would have a spot on this defense, but he isn't going to be on the field more than 65% of the time. I feel like a first rounder could be put to better use

Um, that wasnt a shot at Berry (he is my current favorite chief) and I'm very aware of his versatility

Just an observation that he wouldn't have a role here

Chiefshrink 03-05-2017 01:03 PM

The Donkeys love Peppers and need a desperate return man as well and the last thing they need is to keep their 2ndary strong. The question I have can Budda play corner as well? Or is he strictly a safety only?

Mr. Laz 03-05-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Lanier (Post 12767442)

He's is athletic and flexible like Berry but since we have moved Berry back to FS we have room for Peppers.

Berry is a FS/SS
Peppers is a SS/LB

It's a lot of resources to put at safety but we could definitely use him.

RippedmyFlesh 03-05-2017 04:59 PM

We don't need a returner so I think other teams would get more value from him. Draft a safety later and have berry coach him up.

philfree 03-05-2017 09:36 PM

If Peppers slips to #27 we'd be fool not to take that kind of talent. He won't.

Mr. Laz 03-05-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 12769724)
If Peppers slips to #27 we'd be fool not to take that kind of talent. He won't.

Berry and Peppers roaming our secondary would be awesome.

see Seattle

improve our ILBs as well and we might actually have an elite defense instead of just talking about having one

Having Mitchell turn out to be more than a 1-year wonder would help too.

RunKC 03-06-2017 02:40 PM

Give me Obi Melifonwu over Jabril Peppers all day.

raybec 4 03-06-2017 02:49 PM

Depends on who else is available at 27, but he would be a great pick and a day 1 contributor