ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football LeSean McCoy could be a FA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306233)

nychief 02-26-2017 10:59 AM

LeSean McCoy could be a FA

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCoLe01.htm

Bills running back LeSean McCoy created a stir on social media with a tweet that “Buffalo was so special . . . thanks for everything.” Many are saying (sad!) that this is a farewell from McCoy, which in turn means that McCoy has been cut.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, McCoy hasn’t been cut. The message relates to an appearance (specifically, an autograph signing) that occurred in Buffalo on Saturday.

McCoy has a salary of $6 million and a cap number of $8.875 million in 2017. Those numbers have sparked speculation that the next coaching staff may decide to move on from him. Cutting him would result in a cap charge of $7.875 million; that amount could be spread over two years with a post-June 1 release.

Two years ago, the Eagles decided to move on from McCoy, ostensibly because his east-west style didn’t mesh with Chip Kelly’s one-cut zone running scheme. New offensive coordinator Rick Dennison uses a system that employs one-cut zone running. (Last year, McCoy thrived once Anthony Lynn became the offensive coordinator, installing running plays that gave McCoy options to hit an inside hole or bounce outside.)

So while Sunday’s tweet isn’t a goodbye, there’s still a chance that farewell is coming. If it happens, plenty of other teams will be line up to give McCoy an enthusiastic hello.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 02-26-2017 11:00 AM

another training camp body would be nice

hometeam 02-26-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12757464)

If Lesean Mccoy is a free agent, he wont be a 'training camp body' anywhere. There will be enough interest that he will be a penciled in starter and get paid like one.

-King- 02-26-2017 11:59 AM

I'd cum buckets if we picked him up. Please let this happen. He gushes about Reid every time he talks about him so I see it as a good possibility. Just gotta worry about the salary issue. I pray buffalo is stupid enough to cut him.
Posted via Mobile Device

oldman 02-26-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12757465)
If Lesean Mccoy is a free agent, he wont be a 'training camp body' anywhere. There will be enough interest that he will be a penciled in starter and get paid like one.

I agree. Considering the situation with Charles, signing Spiller, and West and Ware both under contract, I doubt the Chiefs would have a lot of interest.

Why Not? 02-26-2017 12:22 PM

You guys, not even Tiger is dumb enough to seriously suggest that Shady McCoy is a training camp body. That's sarcasm/trolling.

Skyy God 02-26-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 12757567)
I agree. Considering the situation with Charles, signing Spiller, and West and Ware both under contract, I doubt the Chiefs would have a lot of interest.

Spiller and West are JAGs. Ware has a cheap contract.

Shady would look great in red. Bring all the orgies to KC.

Skyy God 02-26-2017 12:40 PM

Pay him Murray money (4/$25M) and use our draft picks elsewhere

-King- 02-26-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 12757567)

I'd cut all of them for Lesean.
Posted via Mobile Device

Priest31kc 02-26-2017 01:37 PM

If Charles isn't back, then yeah, McCoy/Ware would be an awesome 1-2. And then West, Spiller and maybe a draft pick can compete for the 3rd spot.

Doubt we'll go after him though, other teams with more cap space will offer him more.

Chromatic 02-26-2017 01:39 PM

If we're not going to make a push to get a new QB then at the very least the running game has to be strong. Ware and West didn't really cut it last year and it showed. The offense was shit outside of Kelce and Hill.

If Andy and Dorsey aren't in a position to make a grab at Romo or draft a QB higher up then getting a solid/elite RB should be a priory.

He's not signing here anyways so I don't know why I even typed that up. He'll want more than we want to afford.

O.city 02-26-2017 01:40 PM

Restructure charles, cut west and spiller, sign mccoy.

Charles
Ware
Mccoy

Hoover 02-26-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12757736)

Charles
Ware
Mccoy

Never going to happen

McCoy
Ware
West

Mother****erJones 02-26-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12757464)

:facepalm:

Mother****erJones 02-26-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12757736)

Charles
Ware
Mccoy

That's an awesome trio