ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Eight Most Maddening/Frustrating Teams In The NFL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305349)

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2017 05:12 PM

The Eight Most Maddening/Frustrating Teams In The NFL

Surely the Chiefs would never make such a list?!

Yeah, right...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...d=wispr#page=5

NUMBER 5 of 8:

Quote:

Which outdoor stadium is loudest? Seattle’s CenturyLink Field, or Kansas City’s Arrowhead Stadium. The answer seems to be whichever one has hosted the most recent nationally televised game. But Seattle has a huge edge over Kansas City in one area.The Seahawks have won 10 straight postseason games at home. The Chiefs, meanwhile have dropped five straight at home.

Home or road, the Chiefs have only won a single playoff since Joe Montana retired. That was a 30-0 drubbing of the Texans, another team on our list.
As long as Kansas City has Andy Reid coaching and Alex Smith at quarterback, it will be a relevant team. But the goal shouldn’t just be relevance. In reality, the goal shouldn’t even just be to win a Super Bowl.
Instead, the goal should be to set a team up that can win a Super Bowl and not surprise anyone. With Reid and Smith locked into the most important positions, the Chiefs don’t have that. If Kansas City wins Super Bowl LII in February of 2018, it will be a surprise. In truth, that means that a Super Bowl win is probably not happening.
The Chiefs have been just good enough to be disappointing for a long time. That doesn’t seem to be changing any time soon, either.

BlackHelicopters 01-18-2017 05:21 PM

Obvious analysis is obvious.

DaneMcCloud 01-18-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 12695627)
Obvious analysis is obvious.

It's written by an amateur bozo Bleacher Report writer.

DJ's left nut 01-18-2017 05:24 PM

Man, that one hurts:

Quote:

But Seattle has a huge edge over Kansas City in one area.The Seahawks have won 10 straight postseason games at home. The Chiefs, meanwhile have dropped five straight at home.
Really....what in the actual **** is wrong with this franchise? It's just shitty.

stevieray 01-18-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12695630)
Man, that one hurts:

Really....what in the actual **** is wrong with this franchise? It's just shitty.

Run by nice guys.

....to a fault?

Coochie liquor 01-18-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 12695636)
Run by nice guys.

....to a fault?

I think you're right.

RunKC 01-18-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Man, that one hurts:

What did the Seahawks do that changed their franchise? What have the Chiefs not done?

Pretty easy to see the answer for this one

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2017 05:44 PM

The most interesting point about this, is that this piece and several others in the national media have clearly keyed-in to the main issue/problem that the Chiefs are currently facing.

Of course, the Chiefs have had this albatross around their necks for decades, and the current lineup is just another brick in the sad-assed wall.

So, bottom line, it's not just a few "unreasonable" voices at CP that have identified the ways, means, and woes of Lil' Chiefy.

It's time to kill the Hunt Doctrine and start brewing the formula for success which has long eluded KC.

Also, any opinions and/or ideas that Tigger Jismchugger may bring to this thread should be ignored and/or discarded.

Thank you.

Reerun_KC 01-18-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12695628)
It's written by an amateur bozo Bleacher Report writer.

Even they see the writing on the wall.

Baby Lee 01-18-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12695646)
What did the Seahawks do that changed their franchise? What have the Chiefs not done?

Pretty easy to see the answer for this one

Assemble Legion of Boom II, Chiefs Bugaloo?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Chiefy (Post 12695658)
Who needs exceptional QB play? All I desire is to rest my head betwixt Andy Reid's supple m00bs, as he caresses me with sensual, wild card whispers...

Lil' Chiefy is so naughty! :)

notorious 01-18-2017 07:06 PM

Only 5?

Deberg_1990 01-18-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Man, that one hurts:

Seattle even won a playoff game with a shitty 7-9 team before Wilson arrived

DaneMcCloud 01-18-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Man, that one hurts:

What really sucks is that Schneider worked under Carl, then left for Green Bay, then built Seattle.

Since Dorsey took over in 2013 and brought in more than competent professionals in the front office, none, to my knowledge, have bolted.

I still believe that Dorsey and Reid will get it done but Dorsey will need to make bold moves, not nonsense like trading all over the draft to acquire lesser talent.

RunKC 01-18-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12695779)
What really sucks is that Schneider worked under Carl, then left for Green Bay, then built Seattle.

Since Dorsey took over in 2013 and brought in more than competent professionals in the front office, none, to my knowledge, have bolted.

I still believe that Dorsey and Reid will get it done but Dorsey will need to make bold moves, not nonsense like trading all over the draft to acquire lesser talent.

I wouldn't consider Parker Ehinger as lesser talent after the disparity of him playing and being on IR, but I see where you're coming from overall and I agree.

Who has drafted better than John Dorsey the last 2 years? As soon as they find their QB we'll be championship worthy.

Until then it's only playoff caliber.