ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs rabblerouser : I also think that the Chiefs can still win with Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305311)

rabblerouser 01-17-2017 09:12 AM

rabblerouser : I also think that the Chiefs can still win with Alex Smith

But not with Andy Reid.

Copy/pasted from other thread :

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12692906)
I don't see any reason to rush this. I don't think Alex gives us a great chance at a super bowl. But he gives as an outside chance of one. I would only give him 1-2 years anyway and I'm guessing he does too, judging by his wife's comments. Groom a QB on the bench. There's no reason to rush it but there is a critical urgency to find a clear QBOTF. Not just giving a young QB a shot... finding a guy we believe can start for us for 10 years.

over the past few days I've realized that Alex Smith isn't the problem. it's Andy Reid. I think the Chiefs can definitely win with Alex Smith, win a Super Bowl even.

We'd need a coach like a Gruden/Payton/Harbaugh/Carroll/Garrett/McCarthy type to get the most of Smith and our talented but underachieving offense.

RunKC 01-17-2017 09:14 AM

You must have missed the game on Sunday. Go turn it on and watch Alex miss open receiver after open receiver.

Ken Bone 01-17-2017 09:18 AM

That play where he had a clean pocket yet decided for whatever reason to scramble to his right, ignoring Tyreek Hill running wide open down the middle of the field for what would be an easy touchdown. That play gives me hope that we can win with Alice Smiff...

Snica 01-17-2017 09:23 AM

Play calling is the biggest problem this team has. But execution is the next biggest issue.

I never liked the Andy Reid hire. Never liked the Smith signing either. However, they were the best options out there at the time. Unfortunately, the team and most of the fanbase are happy with mediocre so nothing is going to change.

rabblerouser 01-17-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Bone (Post 12692926)
That play where he had a clean pocket yet decided for whatever reason to scramble to his right, ignoring Tyreek Hill running wide open down the middle of the field for what would be an easy touchdown. That play gives me hope that we can win with Alice Smiff...

Yeah...that was bad. REAL bad.

Hit that one pass and we win the game.

Go Royals 01-17-2017 09:37 AM

For the entire tenure of Reid we've seen still shots, gifs, and commentators talk about Alex Smiff missing open receivers. It ain't the playcalling bruh. Reid has his warts but he's a fantastic coach for the Chiefs

BlackHelicopters 01-17-2017 09:43 AM

Instant section eight.

Bowser 01-17-2017 09:47 AM

It's obvious we can win with Alex in the regular season with his 43 wins in the last four years.

It's less obvious we can win with him in the post season with his 1-3 record there.

Bowser 01-17-2017 09:50 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7vJfFvCQAIRf7C.png

And of course throw in one more Donko Manning in 2015 for good measure....

Dayze 01-17-2017 10:04 AM

Parity.

gblowfish 01-17-2017 10:06 AM

Fescoe was yapping this AM about some rumor out of NY that the Chiefs and Jets may arrange a trade for Alex Smith. Maybe a 3rd round pick this year and a conditional 4th or 5th next year depending on how much he plays. KC would then draft a QB this year, and play Nick Foles next year while the new guy learns the system.

Chiefspants 01-17-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 12692936)
Yeah...that was bad. REAL bad.

Hit that one pass and we win the game.

And that's Alex, in a nutshell.

He always has excuses (fumbles in the Giants game, fumbles in the Pats game, miscues on both sides in the Steelers game), but what separates great QB's from the rest of the pack is the ability to make excellent throws with the game on the line. In his time here, Alex has never shown an ability to do that when it matters most.

Alex could certainly go all the way with a defense as aggressive and as stacked as Denver in 2015, but Andy & Sutton aren't going to follow that type of philosophy any time soon.

carcosa 01-17-2017 10:23 AM

Reid drives me got-dam crazy with his playcalling, especially late in close games, BUT... I still think he's a much better coach than Alex is a QB.

The Franchise 01-17-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12692975)
Fescoe was yapping this AM about some rumor out of NY that the Chiefs and Jets may arrange a trade for Alex Smith. Maybe a 3rd round pick this year and a conditional 4th or 5th next year depending on how much he plays. KC would then draft a QB this year, and play Nick Foles next year while the new guy learns the system.

For the love of God.....let this happen.

It would end up being better for both teams.

The Jets are going to draft a QB. They aren't going to be able to start him right away.....so throw Alex out there.

We need to draft a QB.....but we really don't need to start him right away. Put Foles out there.

Reerun_KC 01-17-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12692975)

I would take this and not look back....

Best post season news we have heard so far...