ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pioli/Cassel vs Reid/Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303896)

Reerun_KC 11-21-2016 08:42 AM

Pioli/Cassel vs Reid/Smith

Are we reliving history again????

Debate.... Go!

*Neither will admit fault in their QB, Neither will make changes to better the team, both would rather lose than be proven wrong...

And crap forgot to add the pole.... NO stripper pole for you today...

Direckshun 11-21-2016 08:43 AM

:rolleyes:

KC_Lee 11-21-2016 08:44 AM

Toss in Schottenheimer/Grbac vs. Gannon as well, almost the same idea albeit in a single season rather multiple seasons.

Direckshun 11-21-2016 08:45 AM

Why not go full Herm/Croyle?

kcpasco 11-21-2016 08:45 AM

Ownership doesn't believe there is a problem.

KC_Lee 11-21-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 12568843)
Ownership doesn't believe their is a problem.

Of course they don't, the stadium is filled, it's the 90's all over again. Clark has recreated the same thing his father did in the 90's with Marty and Carl.

Red Dawg 11-21-2016 08:50 AM

You can throw Dorsey in the mix as well. During the season he probably leaves it up to Andy as most GM's would except for Pioli who forced Cassel to start but Dorsey has final say in players in the off season. If he brings back Smith then he's is part of the problem.

He has shown some brains so lets hope he's not that stupid and can try and reverse his biggest blunder. I believe Foles was brought in with next season in mind if Smith continued to suck. Well, Smith has been worse than ever so Dorsey had better do what any GM would do and get rid of him.

petegz28 11-21-2016 08:51 AM

Let's see..

Pioli/Cassel=1 Playoff appearance, 0 wins
Reid/Smith=2 Playoff appearances, 1 win

Pioli/Casse/=1 winning season
Reid/smith=3 and soon to be 4 winning seasons

I don't think there is much comparison

rico 11-21-2016 08:59 AM

Clark Hunt = common denominator. I feel like that guy is more involved in these sorts of things than commonly believed.

Discuss Thrower 11-21-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12568867)
Clark Hunt = common denominator. I feel like that guy is more involved in these sorts of things than commonly believed.

Reid never would have been hired had he said his plan required drafting and developing a QB.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 11-21-2016 09:06 AM

Is OP an idiot?

(rhetorical question )

wazu 11-21-2016 09:24 AM

I see this as more Marty/Deberg, but with worse play-calling and clock management. Playoff results are tracking to be similar.

CoMoChief 11-21-2016 10:06 AM

I see the comparison..but Cassel was one of the worst qbs ever to play in a kc uniform.

Smith isn't that. But he's a mediocre at best qb, and he's reached his ceiling.

He has what..9td 4int ? Something like that.... in 10 games. Those are awful numbers. He's only cracked the 20td mark 2x in his 11yr career. Remember this is a qb that couldn't get his wr a td for over a yr. You almost have to try to accomplish that on purpose..especially in today's game.

While his int rate is low, the type of football smith plays gives him little to no margin of error. So if he does **** up, it's game changing and the Chiefs aren't the type of team that's going to come back if they're down a couple scores.

It's the same shit. Chiefs have all the talent in the world to win a sb..except they lack the sports most important position.

WhiteWhale 11-21-2016 10:20 AM

I dislike Smith, but Cassel was just a fraud of a QB. An absolute fraud.

Smith's body of work over the years, both positives and negatives, speak for themselves.

Cassel went to Dallas and fans were pissed they dumped Brandon Weeden. That's how bad Cassel is.

I understand the dynamic is what is being compared, but that's also ridiculous. KC is having some level of success (though we all know this team lacks the ceiling to be real SB threat) with winning season, playoff appearances, and playoff wins. Cassel was dragging KC to the doldrums. He was a complete liability going out and routinely losing games with his play.

Marcellus 11-21-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12568854)
Let's see..

Pioli/Cassel=1 Playoff appearance, 0 wins
Reid/Smith=2 Playoff appearances, 1 win

Pioli/Casse/=1 winning season
Reid/smith=3 and soon to be 4 winning seasons

I don't think there is much comparison

/Thread

Good grief this place just loves to go back to the worst of times and say it's always just as bad now as it was then.

Reid comes with his issues, we knew this, Smith has his limitations, we know this, it's still not close to the same as Cassel/ Pioli.

One week Dorsey is a genius the next he is just a turd like Pioli.

Imagine if we weren't 7-3.