ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Pixar's new short "Piper" is the best animation I've ever seen. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303398)

Direckshun 11-04-2016 02:16 PM

Pixar's new short "Piper" is the best animation I've ever seen.

I actually thought the best animation I've ever seen in a movie was "Rango" -- the level of detail in that film is bananas. Every single frame of film contains what must have been hours of detail.

But Pixar may have outdone everyone, oddly enough, in this featurette here.

I have only seen previews, but this short called "Piper" looks absolutely stunning.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/36xvVH_TH_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

displacedinMN 11-04-2016 02:58 PM

I saw that before Finding Dory. Stunning graphics. Like you are there.

underEJ 11-04-2016 03:37 PM

Do you mean the look and feel of the images or the motion of the animation?

Just some general information for anyone interested in the look of the images. Pixar, for many years, developed the industry standard renderer called RenderMan. They lost market share to a renderer called Arnold, that was developed at Sony Pictures Animation, because they weren't fast enough on the rising trend of ray/path tracing which is a different type of rendering calculation.

This is their fast forward to try and be the best again, however, many large studios have written their own renderers in that time. When Moana comes out in a few weeks, that will be the first Disney movie with their full featured renderer (big hero 6 used that renderer, but it was an early version.) All the renderer development in competition with other studios is at a peak right now and fans of animation can expect to see mind blowing levels of quality reached in the next two or three years.

it is a great time for cg imagery.

NJChiefsFan 11-08-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 12529072)
Do you mean the look and feel of the images or the motion of the animation?

Just some general information for anyone interested in the look of the images. Pixar, for many years, developed the industry standard renderer called RenderMan. They lost market share to a renderer called Arnold, that was developed at Sony Pictures Animation, because they weren't fast enough on the rising trend of ray/path tracing which is a different type of rendering calculation.

This is their fast forward to try and be the best again, however, many large studios have written their own renderers in that time. When Moana comes out in a few weeks, that will be the first Disney movie with their full featured renderer (big hero 6 used that renderer, but it was an early version.) All the renderer development in competition with other studios is at a peak right now and fans of animation can expect to see mind blowing levels of quality reached in the next two or three years.

it is a great time for cg imagery.

I'm guessing you are a carpet salesman?

Rasputin 11-10-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12538561)

He could do worse, he could be selling pig jiz for a living and talk about it repeatedly on a football forum that is mostly inhabited by die hard Chiefs fans.

underEJ 11-11-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

sales"person" actually.

DaneMcCloud 11-11-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 12547025)
sales"person" actually.

LMAO

jjjayb 11-11-2016 10:47 PM

Wow! Fantastic visuals.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-12-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

You have no clue.