ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life For those battling or know somebody battling pill addiction. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302567)

In58men 10-01-2016 10:19 AM

For those battling or know somebody battling pill addiction.

This song kinda hit home as I recently lost a best friend from pill addiction. Sorry to be a downer, but we don't know what members are facing these problems and we should take care of our own here. Hopefully this song can't help those in need.

https://youtu.be/B9tqvCYlZSQ

(I can't embed from iPhone, apologies)

Hoopsdoc 10-01-2016 10:20 AM

Addiction is an awful disease. I know several who are fighting it myself.

Sorry for your loss.

SAUTO 10-01-2016 10:59 AM

Best way to get through an addiction is to not be a weak minded idiot and just stop.

LoneWolf 10-01-2016 11:20 AM

Sorry for the loss of your friend, but this song won't help anyone who's fighting a pill addiction. Those fighting addiction already know how they are hurting themselves and those around them. Their addiction just doesn't allow them to care enough to stop. What they need is those around them to stop enabling their addiction and to get the professional help they need.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-01-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12458395)
Sorry for the loss of your friend, but this song won't help anyone who's fighting a pill addiction. Those fighting addiction already know how they are hurting themselves and those around them. Their addiction just doesn't allow them to care enough to stop. What they need is those around them to stop enabling their addiction and to get the professional help they need.

Shut the thread down. You won't get a better response than this one.

notorious 10-01-2016 11:54 AM

Lost one of my best friends to this. He couldn't live with it anymore and opted out of life through a 12 gauge.

Kman34 10-01-2016 12:05 PM

Sorry for your loss..

Dave Lane 10-01-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12458438)
Lost one of my best friends to this. He couldn't live with it anymore and opted out of life through a 12 gauge.

Sad thing is that requires way more mental strength than just quitting.

notorious 10-01-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 12458449)
Sad thing is that requires way more mental strength than just quitting.

One would think, but someone addicted to pills like he was couldn't think straight.

LoneWolf 10-01-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12458450)
One would think, but someone addicted to pills like he was couldn't think straight.

Yep. Sometimes you hit rock bottom and sometimes rock bottom hits you.

stumppy 10-01-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12458380)
Best way to get through an addiction is to not be a weak minded idiot and just stop.

Just curious. Is that how you beat addiction ?

SAUTO 10-01-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12458469)
Just curious. Is that how you beat addiction ?

Yep.

I speak from experience, im not sure anyone that's still alive was in the same boat.

Believe that.
One day I woke up and decided no more, I'm not a ****ing pussy.

And I quit.

eDave 10-01-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12458482)
Yep.

I speak from experience, im not sure anyone that's still alive was in the same boat.

Believe that.
One day I woke up and decided no more, I'm not a ****ing pussy.

And I quit.

Man, I wish

Randallflagg 10-01-2016 01:01 PM

I was a kid in the early 60s. My old man had just retired from the military and he had taken a job in LA. I spent a LOT of time on the strip and became good friends with guys at several of the recording studios in the area - particularly ABC-Dunhill. I became close friends with the guys from "Steppenwolf" (and still am to this day). During this time, I tried everything you can imagine (drugs) and some you can't. It was nasty. It cost me my relationship with my folks and a lot of my friends. I happened to be in the studio one day when John Kaye was working out the production on "Snow Blind Friend" written by Hoyt Axton.

I listened to the song and it burned a hole in me. I call it being struck by lightning. I stopped using that day and have never used again. God bless anyone who is struggling with addiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQAd9Txa9Ts

PAChiefsGuy 10-01-2016 02:08 PM

I am battling alcoholism right now. It sucks... I don't view it as a disease I simply think I like to drink more than others so it causes problems.

Calling it a disease is a cop out IMO. You have to take some responsibility.

That said I am sorry for your loss man. Hopefully now your friend can get some peace.