ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tonight - Texans @ Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302393)

Mile High Mania 09-22-2016 11:26 AM

Tonight - Texans @ Patriots

OK, so the Pats are 2-0 and now down to their 3rd QB. Can they pull off the victory? Does Houston really go to 3-0?

I have no idea what to make of this game. And, I have to think that some of the issues at QB and the early matchups are the reason why ratings are down.

I'm pretty sure we want NE to lose, we don't need them undefeated when Brady returns - as if it really matters for them in that division.

In58men 09-22-2016 11:37 AM

I heard Gronk should be playing tonight. I have a feeling Blount is going to have a day.

Easy 6 09-22-2016 11:40 AM

Both of these teams can get bent, I'm going fishing tonight

ptlyon 09-22-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12442139)
Both of these teams can get bent, I'm going fishing tonight

To soon?

BleedingRed 09-22-2016 11:52 AM

Texans by 14

DaFace 09-22-2016 11:58 AM

I think the Texans will take it, but if not, my perception of Belichick will definitely improve even more. I've always been a "What's Belichick without Brady?" guy, but you can't deny that he's done just fine with shitty backup QBs too.

Easy 6 09-22-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12442155)
To soon?

Its always too soon for the patriots, and the texans need to just fade off into the farthest reaches of my mind

Amnorix 09-22-2016 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12442175)
I think the Texans will take it, but if not, my perception of Belichick will definitely improve even more. I've always been a "What's Belichick without Brady?" guy, but you can't deny that he's done just fine with shitty backup QBs too.

Every great coach, without fail, has had great talent, and more often than not, at the QB position. Do you downgrade Shula because he had Unitas, Griese, Csonka, Marino? Walsh because he had Montana? Paul Brown because he had Jim Brown and Otto Graham?

I think Belichick winning four Super Bowls, and going to six, with an ENTIRELY different team around Brady, is enough to prove his greatness. Sure, Brady is great, but is he really FIVE more SB appearances than Marino great, when Marino had Shula? TWO MORE SB WINS greater than Peyton?

It doesn't take away from Brady's greatness to recognize Belichick is great. It also doesn't take away from Belichick's greatness to recognize Brady is great.

Amnorix 09-22-2016 12:06 PM

Hard to see the Patriots winning this, to be honest. How they do much on offense with a third string, rookie, QB, and presumably without Gronk (I doubt he plays tonight, myself) is a real issue.

Red Dawg 09-22-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12442186)
Every great coach, without fail, has had great talent, and more often than not, at the QB position. Do you downgrade Shula because he had Unitas, Griese, Csonka, Marino? Walsh because he had Montana? Paul Brown because he had Jim Brown and Otto Graham?

I think Belichick winning four Super Bowls, and going to six, with an ENTIRELY different team around Brady, is enough to prove his greatness. Sure, Brady is great, but is he really FIVE more SB appearances than Marino great, when Marino had Shula? TWO MORE SB WINS greater than Peyton?

It doesn't take away from Brady's greatness to recognize Belichick is great. It also doesn't take away from Belichick's greatness to recognize Brady is great.

I think I speak for us all when I say to you "SHUT THE **** UP" Go slob on
Bill and Gay boy on another board.

Red Dawg 09-22-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Don't kid yourself. They would have a loss right now except the kick was missed. Brady is more important than Bill. McDaniels is more important than Bill. Go look at the Bill's record with the Browns. 36-44.

Don't give me the Matt argument either. He made the playoffs with us as well with the easy schedule he had there and here.

scho63 09-22-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

That miserable insufferable prick always finds a way to win with his teams. He is Lombardi like and I hate his guts but he is a winner under ever circumstance. :cuss:

jjchieffan 09-22-2016 12:43 PM

Texans win easy. You saw what they did to the juggernaut Chiefs offense last week. The Patriots don't have a chance. LMAO

Quesadilla Joe 09-22-2016 01:17 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Supposed to be a counter play - huge hole, too - but Clowney blows up *both* pullers <a href="https://t.co/sauD9jP2uH">https://t.co/sauD9jP2uH</a></p>&mdash; Chris B. Brown (@smartfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/779028881353371648">September 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Amnorix 09-22-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12442222)
I think I speak for us all when I say to you "SHUT THE **** UP" Go slob on
Bill and Gay boy on another board.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with me. I truly care deeply about what you think and your thoughts on all matters, including my participation on this board.