ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football PreSeason Power Rankings - NFL dot com (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301399)

Baby Lee 08-10-2016 06:23 AM

PreSeason Power Rankings - NFL dot com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...1st10_20160810

Poor Chargers

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 06:47 AM

I saw this list yesterday. Donks at 4 with no quarterback. Yeah right! Who actually believes that?

Mile High Mania 08-10-2016 06:51 AM

Yeah, ranked as the top AFC team is a bit strong, but it sets the writers up well for the doom and gloom articles they can write later, should things get ugly early. I doubt that many really put Denver up that high at this point.

I'd go top 4-6 in the conference at this point and see what happens.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-10-2016 07:26 AM

Donkey 4
Chiefs 9
Raiders 10
Chargers 29

chinaski 08-10-2016 07:38 AM

Why do they even put shit like this out? It's stupid.

Somebody in the comments section said that the Chiefs and Dallas should be at #31 and #32 while the Rams should be in the top 3.

LA fair weather fans for you, clueless as EVER. You should hear local Sports Media in SOCAL playing up the Rams...making it sound like they are going to the Superbowl or something. Fuggin Absurd.

Red Dawg 08-10-2016 07:39 AM

3 of 4 in the top ten. This season is going to be nasty tough.

Red Dawg 08-10-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12360445)
I saw this list yesterday. Donks at 4 with no quarterback. Yeah right! Who actually believes that?

It's a stretch but most of their defense is returning and they had no offense last year. Buttfumble is actually an improvement over Manning the choker.

Buckweath 08-10-2016 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12360488)
It's a stretch but most of their defense is returning and they had no offense last year. Buttfumble is actually an improvement over Manning the choker.

Man...if the Broncos finish above the Chiefs, I'll lose it.

Last year, I thought in both Broncos-Chiefs game, the Chiefs looked like the better team.

The Broncos had their glorious time with Manning but I can't even imagine they will keep beating the Chiefs in the AFC West race.

For one, I expect the Chiefs offense to be clearly better than the Broncos'.

As for the defense, it's all about how Nelson, Gaines and Ford progress because I must say that Denver is load as far as passrushers and defensive backs. I still think the Chiefs could have a better defense this year.

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 08:13 AM

Saw this yesterday. The last line was interesting.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...703cbee1bb.png

Baby Lee 08-10-2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 12360486)
Why do they even put shit like this out? It's stupid.

Somebody in the comments section said that the Chiefs and Dallas should be at #31 and #32 while the Rams should be in the top 3.

LA fair weather fans for you, clueless as EVER. You should hear local Sports Media in SOCAL playing up the Rams...making it sound like they are going to the Superbowl or something. Fuggin Absurd.

They do have Hard Knocks.

Mother****erJones 08-10-2016 08:21 AM

JC HOF baby! Not really but fun to have the debate since he's my favorite

BlackOp 08-10-2016 08:29 AM

The top 5 teams in the ACF all have questions starting the season.....Brady suspended/Ninkovich hurt, Steelers have two suspensions, Chiefs are missing Houston/lost Smith/Charles/Hali, Bengals lost Hue Jackson/two Wrs and Burfict suspension. Broncos lost 2 QBs/2 defenders/O-line/Talib/Ware...Sanchez.

Out of those 5...Chiefs signed the best FA (Schwartz) this off-season.

The Raiders are hype at this point...but signed a couple of good players. If the Chargers stay healthy, they will be better...Rivers was good under his old OC... who is back.

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12360537)
JC HOF baby! Not really but fun to have the debate since he's my favorite

Agreed. He'd need a couple legendary seasons and probably a few postseason wins to even have an outside shot.

But it is fun to discuss. As far as talent goes, I think he deserves it.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 08:49 AM

If Carr takes the next step look out for the Faid

Halfcan 08-10-2016 08:53 AM

JC always reminds me of this guy.

Gale Sayers
American Football Player
Gale Eugene Sayers, nicknamed "The Kansas Comet", is a former professional American football player who was a running back in the National Football League for seven seasons for the Chicago Bears. He played college football for the University of Kansas and was twice recognized as an All-American.

Sayers only played 7 seasons and made the HOF. I think JC has had a better career.

If he plays three more years at his usual awesome self-it would be hard to keep him out.