ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Good read on Maclin and his impact on the other WRs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300602)

BossChief 06-27-2016 10:29 PM

Good read on Maclin and his impact on the other WRs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kansasc...client=safari#

I enjoy Paylors articles. He does a nice job and actually understands the game.

I'm sure it won't be long till he moves on to a larger market or opportunity in general.

Willie Lanier 06-27-2016 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12293020)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/kansasc...client=safari#

I enjoy Paylors articles. He does a nice job and actually understands the game.

I'm sure it won't be long till he moves on to a larger market or opportunity in general.

Great read, thanks for posting

I really hope Conley breaks out this year

Coochie liquor 06-28-2016 04:23 AM

Good read, I'm pretty excited about the upcoming season. Hopefully I'm not let down

O.city 06-28-2016 07:29 AM

Be nice if one of the other wrs really took off.

Lzen 06-28-2016 07:40 AM

This is good to hear. That's why it is good to have veteran leaders on your team. Whoever said last year that the Maclin signing was a bad thing is an idiot.

stumppy 06-28-2016 07:46 AM

All I get is the on that link is the sign up / sign in for the KC star pop up.

RunKC 06-28-2016 08:02 AM

Maclin might be the best FA we've ever signed.

Priest was great, but he had one of the best OL's ever with an elite blocking TE and FB to help him. Maclin is a badass who had no real #2 and turned the entire passing offense around.

WhiteWhale 06-28-2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12293210)

Priest was great, but he had one of the best OL's ever with an elite blocking TE and FB to help him. Maclin is a badass who had no real #2 and turned the entire passing offense around.

Kelce isn't a WR, but you can't discount him in the passing game. Maclin isn't doing it alone.

Halfcan 06-28-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

I agree-this will be the best set of WR's / TE Alex has ever had to work with. If Conley and Wilson step up to the next level with everything they have learned from Maclin-this will be the best Offense in the AFC.

We also have JC coming back who is a pass catching threat! :clap:

There is going to be mismatches all over the field.

DJ's left nut 06-28-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12293197)
This is good to hear. That's why it is good to have veteran leaders on your team. Whoever said last year that the Maclin signing was a bad thing is an idiot.

Think of who the biggest idiots on the board are and you'll peg who said the Maclin signing was stupid.

It really was a litmus test for pure morons. A true 'who's who' of brain-dead jackasses.

Sully 06-28-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

I love Maclin, but let's pump the brakes a little on best FA signing for a few years...

Hasty
Kennison
Holmes
Alexander
Allen

That's just a few names off the top of my head that, at this moment in time, produced more in their Chiefs careers as FA signings.

Maclin may end up being the best, but it's gonna take some time and some fireworks.

ThaVirus 06-28-2016 09:14 AM

Good read on Maclin and his impact on the other WRs

Roaf was a great signing for a handful of seasons

Wait. Did we trade for Roaf?

Pasta Little Brioni 06-28-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12293197)

Mainly Bambi, Bitch, and Stop Chiefs so...

Pitt Gorilla 06-28-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12293264)
Roaf was a great signing for a handful of seasons

Wait. Did we trade for Roaf?

I think we did trade for him.

RunKC 06-28-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 12293253)
I love Maclin, but let's pump the brakes a little on best FA signing for a few years...

Hasty
Kennison
Holmes
Alexander
Allen

That's just a few names off the top of my head that, at this moment in time, produced more in their Chiefs careers as FA signings.

Maclin may end up being the best, but it's gonna take some time and some fireworks.

Yeah Allen and Hasty were great pick ups. I just think it's crazy that a year ago or QB never made a 1k WR and hadn't thrown a TD to a receiver in over a year's time and Maclin comes in here with no number 2 WR and gets 1k yards and 8 TD's.

Just glad we have a GM That can actually make good moves in FA. Howard, Parker, Abdullah, S. Smith for cheap and Maclin.
Beats the hell out of the Kendrell Bell days.