ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto 2002 Chrysler Town & Country Radiator Questions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298350)

Dinny Bossa Nova 02-20-2016 01:43 PM

2002 Chrysler Town & Country Radiator Questions

Trying to fix a leaking radiator for a friend.

It looks like the cooling fans mounting bracket attaches to the end caps on the radiator. The driver side is dry. The passenger side is wet. When I look into the radiator, it appears the water level is at the height where the mounting bracket attaches to the cap.

Do these things leak there? If so, why the hell was this thing engineered that way?

Is replacing a radiator in one of these things something I want to try to do in my driveway? cough:SAUTO:cough

Dinny

eDave 02-20-2016 01:49 PM

I'm wondering if we need a general car care sub.

Dinny Bossa Nova 02-20-2016 01:55 PM

I'm really sorry, eD. It's the off season and I couldn't figure out how to work poop in the thread.

I knew I was going to offend someone's sensitivities. If I posed the question in one of the other car threads, someone would cry about derailing a thread.

Sue me.

Dinny

eDave 02-20-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 12091174)
I'm really sorry, eD. It's the off season and I couldn't figure out how to work poop in the thread.

I knew I was going to offend someone's sensitivities. If I posed the question in one of the other car threads, someone would cry about derailing a thread.

Sue me.

Dinny

No no no man. I'm not complaining. AT ALL. It's just that there are a lot of these and I think it would be a good sub and have them all in one place. Just threw it out there.

Home stuff too. No big as I understand that they would get lower response totals as well.

Poop threads can **** right off.

SAUTO 02-20-2016 02:34 PM

Probably leaking from where the plastic tank is crimped to the aluminum core. Pieces of shit.

I wouldn't do it at home but I'm spoiled lol

Dinny Bossa Nova 02-20-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12091214)
Probably leaking from where the plastic tank is crimped to the aluminum core. Pieces of shit.

I wouldn't do it at home but I'm spoiled lol

Well, yeah, but.

Do I have to disconnect any air conditioning pipage that will require refrigerant issues? Is it going to be too hard for a crippled old fart with no time constraints? I can work on it a while, go in the house and sit down for a while and go back out and work on it some more after I get done cryin' as many times as it takes 'til the damned thing's fixed.

I don't give up easily, that's just the kind of son of a bitch I am.

Dinny

SAUTO 02-20-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 12091235)
Well, yeah, but.

Do I have to disconnect any air conditioning pipage that will require refrigerant issues? Is it going to be too hard for a crippled old fart with no time constraints? I can work on it a while, go in the house and sit down for a while and go back out and work on it some more after I get done cryin' as many times as it takes 'til the damned thing's fixed.

I don't give up easily, that's just the kind of son of a bitch I am.

Dinny

Pretty sure you can pull it off. I remember the s10

SAUTO 02-20-2016 02:51 PM

And pretty sure after you pull the header you can get the condenser off with out disconnecting the a.c.

Dinny Bossa Nova 02-20-2016 02:54 PM

Very well, then.

Cover me, I'm goin' in!!!!

Dinny

eDave 02-20-2016 02:54 PM

Lease

Dinny Bossa Nova 02-20-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12091258)
Lease

That would be just ducky. Unfortunately not an option here.

This poor old woman is a friend of my mother's. Her husband died a while back and she has more cats than money. She is a very kind and gentle soul.

I fixed her old ford truck for her a couple weeks ago. She said her van needed a new alternator, so I told her I'd put a new one in for her. When I was puling the alternator out, there was antifreeze dripping on my head.

Now here I am.

Dinny

eDave 02-20-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 12091271)

This poor old woman is a friend of my mother's. Her husband died a while back and she has more cats than money. She is a very kind and gentle soul.

I fixed her old ford truck for her a couple weeks ago. She said her van needed a new alternator, so I told her I'd put a new one in for her. When I was puling the alternator out, there was antifreeze dripping on my head.

Now here I am.

Dinny

You are a grand man Dinny Blues.

Dinny Bossa Nova 02-20-2016 03:21 PM

Like I always say, woe is the son of a bitch that I can help.

Dinny

threebag 02-20-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 12091271)

Now here I am.

Dinny

Good man. Working it off in trade?

Dinny Bossa Nova 02-20-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12091609)
Good man. Working it off in trade?

I can assure you this is very funny.

I am not, however, her type.

Dinny