ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mark Barron? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298171)

Couch-Potato 02-10-2016 10:57 PM

Mark Barron?

Mark Barron, LB, St. Louis Rams

Barron was a first-round pick in 2012, selected No. 7 overall as a safety out of Alabama. He has been poor as a safety in the NFL, but looked promising this season as a weakside linebacker. Barron's speed was impressive in the box and he also became an effective player on the blitz, with 16 total pressures and a batted pass on the rush. Barron could be a very effective option at linebacker in a class that isn't overflowing with them.

ChiefAshhole1056 02-11-2016 10:16 AM

I'm confused.. This being in Draftplanet, are you asking about what people thought about him as a LB prospect in comparison to other LB prospects?

Saccopoo 02-11-2016 10:04 PM

Berry and Sorensen.

Couch-Potato 02-13-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 12076539)
I'm confused.. This being in Draftplanet, are you asking about what people thought about him as a LB prospect in comparison to other LB prospects?

My apologies. The main forum has too few threads on how to actually improve this team. I tend to gravitate to Draftplanet because there's less fluff here, and well you know, we're the Chiefs and typically the best part of the season is the postseason when we can dream about how good we'll be next year. I forgot that this was a draft only forum, I tend to think of this as the "ok, i'm glad I know what you're eating for dinner and what strand of weed your smoking now can we get down to business and talk about how to win thread."

I saw this random note about Mark Barron and was intrigued. I was wondering if anyone had heard of him, and if they had any thoughts on him fitting into our defense...

Saccopoo 02-13-2016 10:00 AM

And I actually think this is a pretty solid ILB draft class. Extreme talent at the top level and very good depth.

ChiefAshhole1056 02-13-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 12079368)
My apologies. The main forum has too few threads on how to actually improve this team. I tend to gravitate to Draftplanet because there's less fluff here, and well you know, we're the Chiefs and typically the best part of the season is the postseason when we can dream about how good we'll be next year. I forgot that this was a draft only forum, I tend to think of this as the "ok, i'm glad I know what you're eating for dinner and what strand of weed your smoking now can we get down to business and talk about how to win thread."

I saw this random note about Mark Barron and was intrigued. I was wondering if anyone had heard of him, and if they had any thoughts on him fitting into our defense...

I feel ya, just wanted to verify. I think that if Dorsey was interested in obtaining a good LB/S hybrid, he'd just keep Branch.