ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Spring Training Just a Few Weeks Away! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297647)

Gonzo 01-16-2016 07:24 PM

Spring Training Just a Few Weeks Away!

Pitchers and catchers (aka Brady and KC's D) report to spring training next month. We can watch the defending world champions get back to it.

Look at that, a silver lining.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2016 07:36 PM

I still have game 5 of the WS on my DVR. I may watch that later. :)

Chiefspants 01-16-2016 07:38 PM

It's nice to know what a real champion feels like so I no longer have to get my hopes dashed by the Chiefs.

From top to bottom, the Royals organization plays to win. Dayton Moore has been taking huge gambles from the Davis trade and almost all of them have paved off. Sure, the Infante signing didn't, and it's possible a few moves this offseason won't either, but winning meaningful games requires risk. This is a philosophy that's echoed in how the Royals play the game.

They're pretty much the anti-Chiefs, and watching them in October over the past two years has taken away the emotion I feel towards our football team. Risk-Averse play works against bad teams, but come playoff time, risks are required to make it into February.

MahiMike 01-16-2016 07:39 PM

Where?

Prison Bitch 01-16-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12033540)
It's nice to know what a real champion feels like so I no longer have to get my hopes dashed by the Chiefs.

From top to bottom, the Royals organization plays to win. Dayton Moore has been taking huge gambles from the Davis trade and almost all of them have paved off. Sure, the Infante signing didn't, and it's possible a few moves this offseason won't either, but winning meaningful games requires risk. This is a philosophy that's echoed in how the Royals play the game.

They're pretty much the anti-Chiefs, and watching them in October over the past two years has taken away the emotion I feel towards our football team. Risk-Averse play works against bad teams, but come playoff time, risks are required to make it into February.

Bro, love the Royals and all but this was Daytons 10th year. Gotta give Dorsey a lot more time. Hard not to be enthusiastic about Chiefs future

jspchief 01-16-2016 07:41 PM

**** baseball. And **** regular season baseball the most.

jimidollar 01-16-2016 07:42 PM

Looking forward to more Royals domination!

Chiefspants 01-16-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12033548)
Bro, love the Royals and all but this was Daytons 10th year. Gotta give Dorsey a lot more time. Hard not to be enthusiastic about Chiefs future

By no stretch of the imagination am I writing off the Chiefs. I believe Dorsey has made some balla' ass moves to give us one of the most complete rosters in football. However, I hold serious doubts that an Andy & Alex led squad can go all the way.

I once said the same thing about Moore/Yost. Andy and Alex are welcome to prove me wrong as well.

MahiMike 01-16-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12033544)
Where?

Just looked it up. When did they move to AZ?

That sucks. Years ago it was in FL.

kgrund 01-16-2016 08:12 PM

Right now who gives a rats ass about the Royals. Despite losing to the Champs at home how about focus on the Chiefs and a great run.

Chiefspants 01-16-2016 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 12033749)
Right now who gives a rats ass about the Royals. Despite losing to the Champs at home how about focus on the Chiefs and a great run.

You're welcome to focus on any of the 23 Chiefs threads on the front page. I would hate to waste your insight by talking with you about the Royals.

jd1020 01-16-2016 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 12033749)

There's more reason to focus on baseball than there is football for Chiefs fans who like baseball.

KChiefs1 01-16-2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 12033520)
I still have game 5 of the WS on my DVR. I may watch that later. :)

I still have the entire playoffs & parade on my dvr. Thought it would be fun to watch in March.

lewdog 01-16-2016 11:33 PM

I'll be here. Pay Lewdog a visit if you come out.

**** the Chiefs.

Strongside 01-16-2016 11:34 PM

Crazy short offseason when your team is the best in the world!