ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How Alex Smith and the Chiefs turned a season around (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297263)

JF08 01-06-2016 12:30 AM

How Alex Smith and the Chiefs turned a season around

Great article about Smith and the nuanced aspect of his game that is overlooked by many.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/05/n...-2015-playoffs

Mav 01-06-2016 01:07 AM

If anyone reads this and still can't fathom why people like Alex Smith, then nothing is ever going to change their mind. He is the ultimate team player.

RobBlake 01-06-2016 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 12002886)
If anyone reads this and still can't fathom why people like Alex Smith, then nothing is ever going to change their mind. He is the ultimate team player.

who honestly cares about people like that..

eDave 01-06-2016 02:35 AM

Quote:

It's been much quieter on the front lately. And not just because Stop, Chiefs is 'gone'. I understood the frustration, but not the patience.

It's nice to see the positive press the Chiefs are receiving. This one is really great and has me pumped. Starting to get that "Royal" feeling.

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2016 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12002936)
It's been much quieter on the front lately. And not just because Stop,Chiefs is 'gone'. I understood the frustration, but not the patience.

It's been discussed ad nasium. It gets wearing when some posters here praise him as something Alex isn't.

eDave 01-06-2016 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12002941)
It's been discussed ad nasium. It gets wearing when some posters here praise him as something Alex isn't.

I think they praise him for what he is. He is what he is and, according to the article, perfect for KC.

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2016 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12002942)
I think they praise him for what he is. He is what he is and, according to the article, perfect for KC.

When his followers intimate that he's a Franchise QB which they often do then it becomes delusions of grandeur.

He's too hesitant and plays not to lose, which is the reason he can't keep up with the elite QBs in the league when it's a high scoring game.

RobBlake 01-06-2016 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12002949)
When his followers intimate that he's a Franchise QB which they often do then it becomes delusions of grandeur.

He's too hesitant and plays not to lose, which is the reason he can't keep up with the elite QBs in the league when it's a high scoring game.

Still doesn't change the changes culture in Kc or the stabilization of the position. If that's you're only gripe then it isn't a very strong one as he wins a lot of games regardless of your fact

eDave 01-06-2016 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12002949)

I'm watching it happen right in front of my eyes. This team isn't built that way and that is not on Alex Smith. He IS our franchise QB. You want a high flying QB, you gotta get a new coach first.

eDave 01-06-2016 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12002950)
Still doesn't change the changes culture in Kc or the stabilization of the position. If that's you're only gripe then it isn't a very strong one as he wins a lot of games regardless of your fact

56% overall.

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2016 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12002954)
I'm watching it happen right in front of my eyes. This team isn't built that way and that is not on Alex Smith. He IS our franchise QB. You want a high flying QB, you gotta get a new coach first.

In the WC, it is centered on the QB," checkdowns or touchdowns." Steve Young/ Montana had enough of that killer instinct to push it downfield for the calculated risk. Remember the MNF game in '94 against Elway.

Alex doesn't have that mentality.

eDave 01-06-2016 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12002958)
In the WC, it is centered on the QB," checkdowns or touchdowns." Steve Young/ Montana had enough of that killer instinct to push it downfield for the calculated risk.

I'm absolutely seeing that mentality emerging. He was running the called plays before with little deviation. It's not like he can say '**** you Coach, I'm going deep".

Now he has more leeway and the difference is striking. IMO. We'll see.

-King- 01-06-2016 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12002958)
In the WC, it is centered on the QB," checkdowns or touchdowns." Steve Young/ Montana had enough of that killer instinct to push it downfield for the calculated risk. Remember the MNF game in '94 against Elway.

This. It's not like he took deep shots in our last playoff game or anything...
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 01-06-2016 04:57 AM

Quote:

**** Alex Smith

J Diddy 01-06-2016 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12002969)
**** Alex Smith

Apparently one of Alex's many faults is that he didn't tap you on the head when he was getting ready to explode his hot demon seed down your pie hole.