ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey Appreciation Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296501)

pugsnotdrugs19 12-05-2015 02:24 PM

John Dorsey Appreciation Thread

This seemed like a necessary post. I think we as a fan base take for granted the moves our GM has made and the culture he and coach Reid have developed in KC. It's a tough thing to make all these things click at once (looking at you, Pioli).

A list I hope can be added to for years, some highlights of the Dorsey era since 2013:
-Drafted Travis Kelce, top 5 TE
-Drafted Eric Fisher, who has developed into a top 15, perhaps 10 tackle
-Claimed Jaye Howard, a brick wall at the LOS
-Claimed and re-signed Ron Parker, a journeyman turned into a high quality safety
-Signed Husain Abdullah, another quality safety
-Re-signed Allen Bailey, a bull at the LOS
-Flipped Kelcie McCray for a 5th round pick
-Signed Chase Daniel, great backup who has one the team a game in relief
-Signed Mike DeVito, solid veteran who is great in the run game
-Drafted Phillip Gaines, who looked like a real nice slot corner pre-ACL
-Re-signed Justin Houston, top 5 defensive player in the NFL
-Kept Tamba Hali on a pay cut, playing at a high level while the jury is still out on Dee Ford
-Signed Jeremy Maclin, a true WR1 that the Chiefs have lacked
-Draft De'Anthony Thomas, top 5 kick returner
-Signed undrafted FA's Charcandrick West, Albert Wilson, Justin March (promising prospect)
-Re-signed Jamaal Charles, all-time great RB
-Drafted Mitch Morse, already a top 10 center
-Drafted Marcus Peters, that's all
-Traded for Alex Smith, say what you will, no he's not elite, but he's better than what we've had for years and wins more than most
-Traded for Anthony Sherman, perhaps the best FB in the NFL
-Signed Sean Smith, top 10 corner a year ago

With the jury still out on several picks and more moves to be made, here's to hoping this list continues to grow and grow moving forward. Kudos so far, Mr. Dorsey. Don't stop now.
http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/...bf_400x400.png

Mr. Laz 12-05-2015 02:28 PM

Q

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ht=John+Dorsey

jjchieffan 12-05-2015 02:31 PM

Did he trade for Sherman? I remember the trade. Thought it was by Pioli though. Trade a Pioli draft pick. A corner whose name escapes me at the moment. Anyway, definitely a good trade. I don't think that the corner is even in the NFL anymore is he?

jjchieffan 12-05-2015 02:33 PM

Javier Arenas. I guess it was Dorsey because it was 2013.

SAUTO 12-05-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 11928808)
Did he trade for Sherman? I remember the trade. Thought it was by Pioli though. Trade a Pioli draft pick. A corner whose name escapes me at the moment. Anyway, definitely a good trade. I don't think that the corner is even in the NFL anymore is he?

Arenas

jjchieffan 12-05-2015 02:36 PM

Seems like there was a trade scenario with McCray too wasn't there? Dorsey picked up a cut olineman by Seattle last year, traded him for McCray later and then traded McCray this year to Seattle for a 5th? I don't remember the scenario exactly but it worked out great for KC.

TLO 12-05-2015 02:39 PM

Aren't there like 5 of these already?

eDave 12-05-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li'l Smokey (Post 11928824)

He's that good.

Deberg_1990 12-05-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li'l Smokey (Post 11928824)

At least. Probably about 3 or 4 "John the Jackass Dorsey" threads as well

pugsnotdrugs19 12-05-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11928802)

Damn. Completely missed that one. Didn't get on much on game day cause of the rain, must have been why.

lewdog 12-05-2015 02:45 PM

How many CP members are suffering from dementia?

mdchiefsfan 12-05-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 11928820)
Seems like there was a trade scenario with McCray too wasn't there? Dorsey picked up a cut olineman by Seattle last year, traded him for McCray later and then traded McCray this year to Seattle for a 5th? I don't remember the scenario exactly but it worked out great for KC.

If I recall correctly:

Rishaw Johnson off of waivers; Rishaw Johnson for Kelcie McCray; Kelcie McCray for a 2016 5th Rd Draft pick.

RunKC 12-05-2015 03:46 PM

His biggest error will start tomorrow and have a chance to show us what he's got.

Imagine if Dee has a good game tomorrow?

Mr. Laz 12-05-2015 03:58 PM

As long as Dorsey continues to be productive in his drafting and can sign a few guys in FA we would continue to improve.

Increasing talent will override our coaching deficiencies.

Saccopoo 12-05-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11928832)
How many CP members are suffering from dementia?

Most likely 90%, most due to age declining faculties if you look at the "CP half life" years that people are posting in the "How old will you be when you've spent half your years on CP" thread, as well as how many pot heads and alchies are amongst the younger posters.