ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN Kiper's Ranking NFL's top 20 rookies (so far) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294835)

Trivers 09-24-2015 09:52 AM

ESPN Kiper's Ranking NFL's top 20 rookies (so far)

Ridiculously early to be ranking....but still....

2 of the top 3.....

Anybody having access to the full list can list the rest.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...e-rankings-nfl

And we're off once again. For the past few seasons, I've been ranking the rookies, a true test of patience for me -- notice how they aren't in the same order as the final Big Board before the draft. But it's a fun exercise as we see over and over when it comes to rookies, it's not just about talent, but about fit, need and how quickly players develop according to plan.

Here are the parameters, same as always:

This is a measure for all games this season, not just last week.

Total snap count matters. Staying on the field is a measure of value.

Positional value matters, but overall performance and impact on the team matter more.

Relative value matters. I ask: Would this player be a starter on most teams or on a good team?

Here's my latest ranking of the top 20 rookies in the NFL.

1. Marcus Peters, CB, Kansas City Chiefs

Heading into the draft, I wrote "On tape alone, he has an argument as the top cornerback in the class." Peters looks like it so far. He has an interception in each of his first two games, including a pick-six against Peyton Manning in Week 2. So far, so good.

2. Marcus Mariota, QB, Tennessee Titans

The Week 2 loss in Cleveland was a step down from his Week 1 explosion against Tampa Bay, but Mariota has a 6/0 TD/INT ratio so far and has already dispelled any notion the Titans are only starting him because they need to justify the high pick. He belongs.

3. Mitch Morse, C, Kansas City Chiefs

I knew the Chiefs were interested in Morse going into the draft, but I can tell you they had him rated a lot higher than I did. This is a case of them seeing a perfect fit, and Morse has looked the part of a veteran through two games.

ptlyon 09-24-2015 10:07 AM

So we got that going for us, which is nice

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-24-2015 10:18 AM

AND we won the preseason !

staylor26 09-24-2015 10:21 AM

Wait I read on CP that Dorsey isn't a fantastic talent evaluator bc he screwed up the #1 overall pick in the worst draft class ever

Mav 09-24-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11752089)
Wait I read on CP that Dorsey isn't a fantastic talent evaluator bc he screwed up the #1 overall pick in the worst draft class ever

Well at this point I'm way more frustrated with the Dee Ford pick than I am about Eric Fisher. At least in the Fisher draft it was all shit. There were REAL options besides Dee Ford.

Pitt Gorilla 09-24-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11752089)

Eh, you've also read on CP that Morse is garbage. People here are pretty stupid.

kcchiefsus 09-24-2015 10:56 AM

Doesn't mean shit without a quarterback.

Trivers 09-24-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11752199)

A quarterback, all by himself, ensures a SB quality team. :banghead:

Can we try to stay on topic, hummm??

thabear04 09-24-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11752199)

http://youthclassic.org/banquet_images/dilfer03.jpg

aturnis 09-24-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11752126)
Eh, you've also read on CP that Morse is garbage. People here are pretty stupid.

I don't think this is true. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only slander against him was that he was taken too high.

aturnis 09-24-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 11752219)
A quarterback, all by himself, ensures a SB quality team. :banghead:

Can we try to stay on topic, hummm??

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11752232)

Ooh the stupidity...

suzzer99 09-24-2015 12:27 PM

Pretty sure that Ravens D could have stopped 2015 Peyton Manning when they absolutely needed to. Our D is good but not dominant.

Eleazar 09-24-2015 12:28 PM

I read on CP that Morse was a terrible pick and that Kush was going to start at center.

Pitt Gorilla 09-24-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11752389)
I don't think this is true. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only slander against him was that he was taken too high.

Here you go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11737972)

Mitch Morse can suck a cock.

Jeremy Maclin is stealing money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11738081)
Mitch Morse was a disaster. You can't be serious.

Maclin looked like he didn't belong on the field. Simply outclassed by the competition.

Regarding his draft position, if he's the highest guy on your board at a position of need, why wouldn't you draft him?

aturnis 09-24-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11752418)
Here you go.

When was this from?