ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why are the Chiefs not a run first team? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294710)

Aspengc8 09-18-2015 05:54 AM

Why are the Chiefs not a run first team?

They have the best blocking fullback in the NFL and he didnt make an appearence until 4 minutes in the game? No I-form zone runs, no counters, no play-action to help the oline. Why is sherman even on the roster then? They have depth at running back so run the damn ball. Give alex 3rd and 3-5 so we have options and stop throwing on first down. I just cant figure out the bad play calling.

New World Order 09-18-2015 05:55 AM

Because we are the Chiefs

Red Dawg 09-18-2015 05:58 AM

Andy loves chucking the ball all over and for some reason thinks Alex can do just that.

I have no idea why.

Why Not? 09-18-2015 05:59 AM

Didn't spend a lot of time watching the Eagles over the past 10 years before Reid got here, did you?

New World Order 09-18-2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 11738568)
Didn't spend a lot of time watching the Eagles over the past 10 years before Reid got here, did you?

Why would we spend a lot of time watching a team from Phili?

chiefzilla1501 09-18-2015 06:02 AM

I don't have complaints about run vs pass yesterday. I don't have an issue with not being run first yesterday because Peyton has torched us every time we tried to manage a game against him. We had quite a few runs on first down.

The problem yesterday was situational play calling. Not enough running in the red zone. Too many ****ing svreen passes in the red zone. Horrible decision to pass to close the first half.

Aspengc8 09-18-2015 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 11738568)

True.

dannybcaitlyn 09-18-2015 06:04 AM

I really wish Reid would give up play calling duties.

Why Not? 09-18-2015 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11738572)
Why would we spend a lot of time watching a team from Phili?

My post was more sarcasm than actual question. The Eagles had a great running back as well and never gave him the ball either. Our overrated GM, who's dick everyone wants to suck purely because he is not Scott Pioli, brought in a coach garunteed to not appropriately utilize our best player(last night aside).

chiefzilla1501 09-18-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 11738581)
My post was more sarcasm than actual question. The Eagles had a great running back as well and never gave him the ball either. Our overrated GM, who's dick everyone wants to suck purely because he is not Scott Pioli, brought in a coach garunteed to not appropriately utilize our best player(last night aside).

He had 21 carries yesterday and knife had a few. I disagree that the chiefs are ignoring the run.

J Diddy 09-18-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11738573)
I don't have complaints about run vs pass yesterday. I don't have an issue with not being run first yesterday because Peyton has torched us every time we tried to manage a game against him. We had quite a few runs on first down.

The problem yesterday was situational play calling. Not enough running in the red zone. Too many ****ing svreen passes in the red zone. Horrible decision to pass to close the first half.

Unless it was a touchdown. Then it would have been brilliant.

Red Dawg 09-18-2015 06:14 AM

A pass happy offense only works if you have the personnel to do it. We do not have the QB nor the WR's to pull it off. Mac is good, Kelce good but who else? Avant and Wilson do nothing. DAT nothing and Conley has not seen the field much.

I said at seasons start the OL will spend this year building continuity and we need to find a second WR. Conley may be it next season but he needs more training.

Why Not? 09-18-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11738587)
He had 21 carries yesterday and knife had a few. I disagree that the chiefs are ignoring the run.

Sometimes it's not how many carries but when they are called that is important. Denver gonna stuff one of the leagues best runners or a bulldozer in Knile Davis at the 2 yard line 2 or 3 times in a row? Good for them, tip of the cap. But we'll never know because our coach called for 3 passes, which all happened to be behind the line of scrimmage

Aspengc8 09-18-2015 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11738587)

It's how and when they are running it is the problem. Too much shotgun not enough under center with the right personnel. Not even sure if I saw sherman in before the 4th quarter. Where was the play action with boot/waggle?

notorious 09-18-2015 07:18 AM

Kubiak's philosophy would be PERFECT for this team.

Pound the ball, counters, bootlegs, a ton of throws to the tight end out of the bootleg.

Sigh.