ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Arthur Bryants (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293561)

TribalElder 07-24-2015 04:42 PM

Arthur Bryants

Arthur Bryant's Barbeque had roaches, 14 critical violations during health inspection

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Arthur Bryant’s Barbeque located 1727 Brooklyn Ave, Kansas City, Mo. had 27 violations, and 14 were critical violations during a routine inspection on June 30, 2015, according to health inspection reports.

The restaurant is a barbeque favorite in Kansas City. Even President Obama visited the location on Brooklyn in 2014.

The restaurant temporarily shut down due to live roach activity throughout the restaurant.

During the investigation, inspectors said they found roaches in the kitchen, basement and on the stairs. Roaches were also found on the floor, dish racks and on the walls.

Most of the critical violations were fixed on site but the restaurant had until July 03, 2015 to fix some of the others.

Some of the critical violations include:

Multiple roaches and ants spotted on the kitchen floor, in the basement and behind cooking utensils
Smoked cigars and cigarettes were found in the kitchen around open food containers
No employees were observed washing their hands during entire inspection even after performing multiple tasks
Food wasn’t being maintained at proper temperatures or properly labeled
Stagnant waste water
The inspection also found 13 other violations that must be fixed by Sept. 28, 2015.

Some of those violations include:

Grease build up on the fryer and ventilation hood system
Residue build up on kitchen food storage shelves & other utensils
Dirty bathrooms
Overflowing trash
Shredded Styrofoam cups in sugar of sugar bin
The inspection report also lists citations for things like an employee using tobacco near exposed food and employees failing to thoroughly wash their hands and exposed arms.

In a follow-up inspection on July 2, 2015, Arthur Bryant’s had six critical violations and two more critical violations during a July 4, 2015 inspection, according to the inspection reports.

There were no critical violations found during a July, 7, 2015 inspection.

An Arthur Bryant’s official says all violations have been corrected and new management has been brought in.

A city health official said the third reinspection found the restaurant corrected all violations and approved them to reopen to prepare, serve and sell food to the public.

Arthur Bryant's was shutdown in 2003. During that inspection dead mice, roaches and rat droppings were found.

The restaurant also had a pest control problem in 2013.

You can read the full inspection lists here : June 30, July 2, July 4
http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/...lth-inspection

Sassy Squatch 07-24-2015 04:50 PM

Damn.

ILChief 07-24-2015 05:01 PM

So that's what the gritty stuff in their sauce was

Prison Bitch 07-24-2015 05:04 PM

Surprised some don't like it, but different strokes. What's weird tho is people who are loyal to only 1 type of sauce. That's heresy for a Kansas Citian. I like a lot of them. It's like saying you only like brunettes. WTF? Bryant's may be the slutty redhead with eff-me eyes.....but I'm not looking away.

TribalElder 07-24-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 11616313)
So that's what the gritty stuff in their sauce was

La cueca racha "Caviar"

Raiderhater 07-24-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11616296)
The restaurant is a barbeque favorite in Kansas City. Even President Obama visited the location on Brooklyn in 2014.

I hope he got extra roaches in his Q.

C3HIEF3S 07-24-2015 05:51 PM

Wasn't impressed by it a couple KC visits ago (March 2014). Not in any hurry to go back, especially now.

GloryDayz 07-24-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11616296)
Arthur Bryant's Barbeque had roaches, 14 critical violations during health inspection

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Arthur Bryant’s Barbeque located 1727 Brooklyn Ave, Kansas City, Mo. had 27 violations, and 14 were critical violations during a routine inspection on June 30, 2015, according to health inspection reports.

The restaurant temporarily shut down due to live roach activity throughout the restaurant.

During the investigation, inspectors said they found roaches in the kitchen, basement and on the stairs. Roaches were also found on the floor, dish racks and on the walls.

Most of the critical violations were fixed on site but the restaurant had until July 03, 2015 to fix some of the others.

Some of the critical violations include:

Multiple roaches and ants spotted on the kitchen floor, in the basement and behind cooking utensils
Smoked cigars and cigarettes were found in the kitchen around open food containers
No employees were observed washing their hands during entire inspection even after performing multiple tasks
Food wasn’t being maintained at proper temperatures or properly labeled
Stagnant waste water
The inspection also found 13 other violations that must be fixed by Sept. 28, 2015.

Some of those violations include:

Grease build up on the fryer and ventilation hood system
Residue build up on kitchen food storage shelves & other utensils
Dirty bathrooms
Overflowing trash
Shredded Styrofoam cups in sugar of sugar bin
The inspection report also lists citations for things like an employee using tobacco near exposed food and employees failing to thoroughly wash their hands and exposed arms.

In a follow-up inspection on July 2, 2015, Arthur Bryant’s had six critical violations and two more critical violations during a July 4, 2015 inspection, according to the inspection reports.

There were no critical violations found during a July, 7, 2015 inspection.

An Arthur Bryant’s official says all violations have been corrected and new management has been brought in.

A city health official said the third reinspection found the restaurant corrected all violations and approved them to reopen to prepare, serve and sell food to the public.

Arthur Bryant's was shutdown in 2003. During that inspection dead mice, roaches and rat droppings were found.

The restaurant also had a pest control problem in 2013.

You can read the full inspection lists here : June 30, July 2, July 4
http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/...lth-inspection

Still better than any other BBQ in KC, so I guess the roaches are yummy.

TribalElder 07-24-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 11616354)
I hope he got extra roaches in his Q.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11616427)

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/IT...-Thumbs-Up.jpg

-King- 07-24-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11616427)

Jackstack and Joes shit on ABs
Posted via Mobile Device

Why Not? 07-24-2015 11:28 PM

Don't care. Would still eat.

suzzer99 07-24-2015 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11616315)
Surprised some don't like it, but different strokes. What's weird tho is people who are loyal to only 1 type of sauce. That's heresy for a Kansas Citian. I like a lot of them. It's like saying you only like brunettes. WTF? Bryant's may be the slutty redhead with eff-me eyes.....but I'm not looking away.

You and I agree on a lot outside of politics.

Munson 07-24-2015 11:37 PM

The roaches add flavor.

Halfcan 07-25-2015 08:28 AM

Pretty disgusting list. I would never risk my safety and eat at a place like that.

As a restaurant owner for almost 8 years, I have never once had a critical violation. My last inspection was perfect. I have the cleanest place in town.

Hamwallet 07-25-2015 08:38 AM

Had AB's, Joes and Bates city BBQ all this week for lunch. Every place was awesome. One perk of working in Lenexa, they are all very close to my office.