ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Dark Souls 2 PS4 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293551)

millz 07-24-2015 11:29 AM

Dark Souls 2 PS4

Join it with the Bloodborne thread if you like. just trying to get some insight.

still playing bloodborne on a 2nd playthrough but beat it, same with Arkham cept for side missions.

looking for a same type of experience..is dark souls 2 worth getting it? it's only like $40. thanks again

GoShox 07-24-2015 01:39 PM

It's a lot slower paced than Bloodborne. I never used a shield in BB, but it's my crutch in DS2. Also, the weight of your equipment matters a lot in this game. You'll run a lot slower with heavier equipment and your rolls will give you less frames where you're invincible. As far as the difficulty, I feel like DS2 is harder, but that's probably up to the player.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-24-2015 07:56 PM

Really fun game

Gonzo 07-25-2015 07:07 AM

It will take some time to get used to. I'd reccomend checking out some vids before buying. There's a lot to it. DS2 is not as good as the first because the main developer was pulled to work on Bloodborne for Sony. I'd really suggest trying the original out to understand the storyline a little better before starting DS2. You can start out with 2, though.

Gonzo 07-29-2015 04:59 PM

Been looking over DS2 for PS4 quite a bit lately and it does look really good. Graphics-wise it obviously doesn't hold a candle to Bloodborne but I wouldn't expect it to. It does look really smooth and fluid, though.
I may have to buy it as well. I'm getting tired of waiting for the Bborne DLC. Lol

Quesadilla Joe 07-29-2015 05:20 PM

Dark Souls 2 is the only Souls game I haven't played. Miyazaki (the creator of the Souls series) wasn't involved in the development and a lot of fans of the Souls series hate it. I might play it one day, but I'm in no hurry.

After playing Bloodborne, I don't think I can go back to the slower combat found in the other games. Bloodborne's combat was just too good.

Quesadilla Joe 07-29-2015 05:28 PM

In depth critique of Dark Souls 2 from a longtime Souls player. Contains spoilers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UScsme8didI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo 07-29-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 11626703)
Dark Souls 2 is the only Souls game I haven't played. Miyazaki (the creator of the Souls series) wasn't involved in the development and a lot of fans of the Souls series hate it. I might play it one day, but I'm in no hurry.

After playing Bloodborne, I don't think I can go back to the slower combat found in the other games. Bloodborne's combat was just too good.

Go play this right now. I have the exact same reservations.

millz 08-16-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11626789)
Go play this right now. I have the exact same reservations.

Just wondering if I should trade in GTA 5($30) and Saints Row 4($10) for this at best buy?

I never play them anymore but I hate trading in games.

Gonzo 08-17-2015 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 11665057)
Just wondering if I should trade in GTA 5($30) and Saints Row 4($10) for this at best buy?

I never play them anymore but I hate trading in games.

Meh, GTAV is a game you'll eventually go back to. I gave saints row a shot last year. Disappointed as always.

millz 08-21-2015 04:04 AM

Okay..

I bought this game a few days ago and it was a HASSLE to get.

Gamestop was completely sold out and didn't know when they were going to get copies. Wal-mart was out of stock and only able to ship online.. best buy had it listed for $44.99. the next day I went to check the site to see how much some games were worth and to check some more info on the game. they changed the price to $69.99..I was so dissapointed. I kinda gave up on it and didn't think I'd get it until the price dropped back down. waited about a week and the price was back at the original. I really didn't I was gonna ever get this..Went to best buy and they were sold out in my town..had to go to another town 15 minutes away and get it but damn..this was like the hardest I've ever had to try and get a game title.

I hate to say it..but I think I might like it a bit more than Bloodborne. Bloodborne is my number 1 favorite game of all time and it's still early to say but there's something about this game. Man it feels like Bloodborne all over again when I first got it but in a different way. It's absolutely stunning and runs so smooth. I've had to create a new character now at least 5 times but god damn..once you finally get it right..this game is just on a whole other level.

Clearly it's not as gothic or gory as Bloodborne but it just gives me that same feeling. I'm honestly so impressed. It's incredibly difficult for me to go back to my old ways of gaming after playing these incredible titles ( CODS, ASSASSINS, FAR CRYS, MADDENS EVERY YEAR EVEN THOUGH I DO LOVE THE ONLINE, BATTLEFIELDS) I have over 30 games in my collection and DS2 and BB stand above them all.

it's insanely hard but I keep getting pulled in.

millz 08-21-2015 04:05 AM

Okay..

Gamestop was completely sold out and didn't know when they were going to get copies. Wal-mart was out of stock and only able to ship online.. best buy had it listed for $44.99. the next day I went to check the site to see how much some games were worth and to check some more info on the game. they changed the price to $69.99..I was so dissapointed. I kinda gave up on it and didn't think I'd get it until the price dropped back down. waited about a week and the price was back at the original. I really didn't I was gonna ever get this..Went to best buy and they were sold out in my town..had to go to another town 15 minutes away and get it but damn..this was like the hardest I've ever had to try and get a game title.

I hate to say it..but I think I might like it a bit more than Bloodborne. Bloodborne is my number 1 favorite game of all time and it's still early to say but there's something about this game. Man it feels like Bloodborne all over again when I first got it but in a different way. It's absolutely stunning and runs so smooth. I've had to create a new character now at least 5 times but god damn..once you finally get it right..this game is just on a whole other level.

Clearly it's not as gothic or gory as Bloodborne but it just gives me that same feeling. I'm honestly so impressed. It's incredibly difficult for me to go back to my old ways of gaming after playing these incredible titles ( CODS, ASSASSINS, FAR CRYS, MADDENS EVERY YEAR EVEN THOUGH I DO LOVE THE ONLINE, BATTLEFIELDS) I have over 30 games in my collection and DS2 and BB stand above them all.

Gonzo 08-23-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 11674054)
Okay..

God damn you straight to hell. I was hoping you'd say it was a meh.

****er.