ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler just released his first country single (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293279)

Deberg_1990 07-06-2015 09:21 PM

Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler just released his first country single

Lovely. enjoy!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d0n40GVcj64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave 07-06-2015 09:25 PM

Formulaic.

Enjoy, I guess.

TimBone 07-06-2015 09:30 PM

Would.

srvy 07-06-2015 09:33 PM

Brokedick Mountain.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:34 PM

Excellent move by a very talented man. Rock is dead, Country has a much bigger and loyal audience, especially in the younger demographic.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11584144)
Formulaic.

Enjoy, I guess.

That's the deal, man. That's Nashville.

There are tons of houses there filled with multiple young songwriters, all living on close to nothing, trying to write the next hit single and get it pitched to the best Country artists on the planet. It's a really exciting environment for young, talented people.

Some people call it formulaic, I call it art. Writing hit songs isn't easy.

eDave 07-06-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584163)
That's the deal, man. That's Nashville.

There are tons of houses there filled with multiple young songwriters, all living on close to nothing, trying to write the next hit single and get it pitched to the best Country artists on the planet. It's a really exciting environment for young, talented people.

Some people call it formulaic, I call it art. Writing hit songs isn't easy.

F you and your voice of reason man! :')

Tyler could have injected something more into that song is all I'm saying. I like the Beaver Brown band. They're my MMJ of country.

Buehler445 07-06-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584159)
Excellent move by a very talented man. Rock is dead, Country has a much bigger and loyal audience, especially in the younger demographic.

In point of fact, that is a shitton better song than a massive amount of songs on popular country radio put out by the litany of talentless hacks that tween girls and douchebag wanna-be country dumb****s eat up and spend daddy's money going to gay ass horribad concerts on.

TribalElder 07-06-2015 09:41 PM

There was corn in my poop

Deberg_1990 07-06-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584159)
Rock is dead

Sigh...,,

:(

Iowanian 07-06-2015 09:43 PM

I like Aerosmith. On the surface I have always liked country, but I can't say I have been a fan of any new mainstream song in 5 years.

This shit is the reason I listen to red dirt and never even turn on a mainstream country station. Can't tell you one of the top 10 songs right now, but would wager the casual observer can't tell the difference between 3 of those cookie cutter dbsgs. Nashville has even ruined people I used to enjoy.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11584164)
I know that man. But this is Steven Tyler. He made a call.

Well, yes and no. Aerosmith hasn't been Aerosmith since the 70's. Their albums have had co-writers since 80's and in many cases, they've basically been a cover band.

There's not only an art to being a hit songwriter, there's an art to being a hit artist. After too many bad choices, the fans won't follow.

One of my favorite stories is about a guy named Kenny Alphin. Kenny was a staff writer at publishing company I worked, where he was signed for a decade or more, but never had a hit, let alone many cuts. He was basically supported by his publishing deal but by age 40, the call was made to cut ties with him.

Next thing you know, he's HUGE in a little band called Big & Rich.

Trust me, everyone was extremely happy for him but A&R definitely regretted cutting ties with him. Sometimes you just never know...

eDave 07-06-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11584170)
Sigh...,,

:(

Maybe not dead, but country is the place to be right now. Hell, Christian music was outselling RnR at one point.

**** Creed.

Chiefaholic 07-06-2015 09:45 PM

I'm a big fan of his and think he's talented enough to succeed in country as well. I'm looking forward to the release of his fist country album.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11584171)
I like Aerosmith. On the surface I have always liked country, but I can't say I have been a fan of any new mainstream song in 5 years.

This shit is the reason I listen to red dirt and never even turn on a mainstream country station. Can't tell you one of the top 10 songs right now, but would wager the casual observer can't tell the difference between 3 of those cookie cutter dbsgs. Nashville has even ruined people I used to enjoy.

There's Country Music and there's Country Music. I'm a fan of the later, which I'm guessing you are as well. Modern Country is mostly slick production with lyrics targeting a specific audience.

Country is Hank Williams. I want to hear twang, dagnabit. Kacey Musgraves is probably my favorite current country artist.