ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Going to New Orleans this Summer: WTF to do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292393)

Mr_Tomahawk 05-07-2015 07:47 PM

Going to New Orleans this Summer: WTF to do?

The wife, myself, and another couple are going to New Orleans for 4 nights this summer.

For those who have been there...what do you recommend?

I will be 32 at the time of the trip. I am an outdoors guy. Love the water. Love Beer. Love 'some' seafood. Not a huge wild and crazy night guy....I'd rather sit in a 'chill' environment with a pint in hand.

In58men 05-07-2015 07:54 PM

What to do?

Find me a shrimp étouffée recipe brah

BullJunkandIron 05-07-2015 07:55 PM

Popeye's

lewdog 05-07-2015 07:56 PM

You're 32 and married so sex is off the list.

Unless this is a swingers trip?

WhawhaWhat 05-07-2015 07:57 PM

Sweat

Great Expectations 05-07-2015 08:50 PM

Volunteer with The Saint Bernard Project.

They could use your help.

Titty Meat 05-07-2015 08:54 PM

**** bitches

RunKC 05-07-2015 09:01 PM

There's some ****ing awesome restaurants in the French quarter. Hit that up.

bobbymitch 05-07-2015 09:28 PM

Ya didn't say where you are staying. Makes a big difference. If you make it to the French Quarter, Café Du Monde is pretty much a must (just don't wear black). You may be able to catch some decent street musicians at Jackson Square, and, for grins, go though some of the voodoo shops NE of the Quarter.

There is the river walk, Rodrique gallery, and the Mardi Gras World besides a ton of antique stores. For water stuff - Steam boat Natchez has dinner cruises.

For dining - Court of Two Sisters was good as was Brennons and Windsor Court.

If you want to kill a day or two and you have a car, go on the old river road plantation tour.

Granted, it has been probably 20 years since we were there, but NOLA is timeless.

Why Not? 05-07-2015 09:29 PM

Talk wife into weird voodoo orgy with hot swamp chicks. Profit.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-07-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbymitch (Post 11486071)
Ya didn't say where you are staying. Makes a big difference. If you make it to the French Quarter, Café Du Monde is pretty much a must (just don't wear black). You may be able to catch some decent street musicians at Jackson Square, and, for grins, go though some of the voodoo shops NE of the Quarter.

There is the river walk, Rodrique gallery, and the Mardi Gras World besides a ton of antique stores. For water stuff - Steam boat Natchez has dinner cruises.

For dining - Court of Two Sisters was good as was Brennons and Windsor Court.

If you want to kill a day or two and you have a car, go on the old river road plantation tour.

Granted, it has been probably 20 years since we were there, but NOLA is timeless.

Drury Inn
https://wwwc.druryhotels.com/propert...?property=0004

Fire Me Boy! 05-07-2015 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11486050)
There's some ****ing awesome restaurants in the French quarter. Hit that up.

There's lots of awesome restaurants everywhere.

Fire Me Boy! 05-07-2015 09:32 PM

Do you like oysters? NOLA is home to something called the chargrilled oyster, and they are ****ing divine. Drago's is the place that berthed them, and it's a local institution. I highly recommend it.

wazu 05-07-2015 09:38 PM

The Cat's Meow.

JimNasium 05-07-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 11485978)
The wife, myself, and another couple are going to New Orleans for 4 night this summer.

For those who have been there...what do you recommend?

I will be 32 at the time of the trip. I am an outdoors guy. Love the water. Love Beer. Love 'some' seafood. Not a huge wild a crazy night guy....I'd rather sit 'chill' environment with a pint in hand.

I stayed in that Drury Inn several months ago. It's in the heart of the CBD and easy walking distance to the French Quarter. I've lived in NOLA and still spend a ton of time there. I hate the quarter but there's lots of tourist stuff to do there so if that's your speed have fun and be careful, crime has been bad lately and has spilled into the quarter.

Your hotel is right on the trolly line. Buy a Jazzy Pass and ride it up Saint Charles all the way to the end of the line. Beautiful architecture and history in the Garden District and Uptown. If you are into live music, the Maple Leaf Bar is my favorite live venue in the world. Also, there are some good venues on Frenchman Street in the Marigny. Also worth checking out who is playing at Tipitinas and Rock and Bowl.

For food, I recommend Parkway Bakery for Po Boys, Jacques Imos for Cajun and Casementos on Magazine for oysters.

Btw, only walk in larger groups at night downtown and in the quarter.