ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Gregg Marshall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291488)

dtrain 03-23-2015 12:12 PM

Gregg Marshall

Alabama prepared to off him $3 mill + I hope he doesn't take it would be a bad career move!!!

Bleacher Report

Chiefspants 03-23-2015 12:15 PM

I would be surprised if Tejas doesn't make a big push as well.

the Talking Can 03-23-2015 12:19 PM

texas should double any offer

he'd be great for the big 12

POND_OF_RED 03-23-2015 12:19 PM

Since when did doubling your salary become a "bad career move"

ChiefsCountry 03-23-2015 12:24 PM

He has turned down other job offers before that were similar to Alabama. He has a good thing going at Wichita, unless its a true blue blood like Kentucky or Duke I don't see Marshall leaving.

Jimmya 03-23-2015 12:26 PM

He'll win more at Wichita than Bama, but heading to Texas would be great for him.

Reerun_KC 03-23-2015 12:27 PM

Would love to see what he could do at Tejas...

Saul Good 03-23-2015 12:29 PM

I think he goes to Texas, but Alabama is going to make him turn down one hell of an offer. I've been saying for a few years now that the SEC schools (with the unfortunate exception of Mizzou) are going to start becoming VERY SERIOUS about basketball.

ct 03-23-2015 02:04 PM

i think he stays 1 more year

alpha_omega 03-23-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrain (Post 11399507)
Alabama prepared to off him $3 mill + I hope he doesn't take it would be a bad career move!!!

Bleacher Report

3+ million is NOT a bad career move.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11399542)
I think he goes to Texas, but Alabama is going to make him turn down one hell of an offer. I've been saying for a few years now that the SEC schools (with the unfortunate exception of Mizzou) are going to start becoming VERY SERIOUS about basketball.

Why? You said basketball doesn't matter.

LoneWolf 03-23-2015 02:27 PM

Marshall isn't leaving to go to an average SEC school as it pertains to basketball. I had the opportunity to play golf with him last spring and this question came up in conversation. He loves Wichita, but he's also a realist. If he leaves, it will be for one of the blue blood schools like Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, etc....or if he gets an offer from a school with the potential to be one of the best teams in the country year after year, like Texas.

Andoverer 03-23-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11399769)
Marshall isn't leaving to go to an average SEC school as it pertains to basketball. I had the opportunity to play golf with him last spring and this question came up in conversation. He loves Wichita, but he's also a realist. If he leaves, it will be for one of the blue blood schools like Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, etc....or if he gets an offer from a school with the potential to be one of the best teams in the country year after year, like Texas.

My greatest desire is for Marshall to just stay period, but I would hope at the very least he stays on at WSU one more year to finish up with Baker, Wessel, and VanVleet in their senior year. After that I could see him moving on to Texas or somebody similar with the deepest of pockets and that has the nucleus of a good team already in place.

HemiEd 03-23-2015 03:59 PM

This comes up every year, and it is part of having a successful HC at a Mid Major.

After the Cohen and Eddie Fogler disaster that stripped the program of its roots, I doubt the money guys in Wichita like Tom Devlin let money become a reason for him leaving.

One of my good friends follows the Shocks to almost every game on the road (on his way to Ohio right now) and has spent significant quality time with Marshall. He says Marshall is going nowhere.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2015 04:56 PM

"A man is only as faithful as his options"