ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kelce "I wasn't at full strength last year" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291444)

jonzie04 03-20-2015 04:36 PM

Kelce "I wasn't at full strength last year"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rength-in-2014

Travis Kelce became a revelation in 2014 and a cult figure for many Kansas City Chiefs fans.

The tight end -- referred to by admirers as "Zeus" for his Greek-god-like physique and ability -- snagged 67 passes for 862 yards and five touchdown catches, leading the Chiefs in all three categories.

Kelce told WKRK-FM in Cleveland on Thursday that he accomplished all that without being fully healthy.

"Everybody last year thought I wasn't getting the reps I was supposed to at the beginning of the year but in reality I only had about a month before training camp where I was allowed to start running," he said, via Arrowheadpride.com.

"If I went out there playing more snaps than I did, I mean who knows. I might not have been able to make it. My knee still wasn't full strength last year, which is why I'm excited about this year. Now I get the time to take a full offseason and get my legs ready and get my upper body and my explosiveness back that I know I really had. I didn't really feel that comfortable out there on the field but we made it work."

If Kelce can turn in a performance that makes him the darling of the Fantasy Football world and earns him the nickname Zeus without being at full
strength, well, hello 2015

thought his quotes were interesting. i know there was a lot of speculation here on why it took kelce so long to get his reps. alot of people thought health concerns, some thought blocking, playbook, reid being a dumbass etc.

i'm excited to see what he can do with a full offseason.

DenverChief 03-20-2015 04:40 PM

So is this his excuse for all the fumbles?

Urc Burry 03-20-2015 04:40 PM

Hard to hate this guy. One of my new favorites. I knew people were willy writing him off after missing his entire rookie season

KCrockaholic 03-20-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 11395232)

It's his excuse for only leading the team in receiving yards. Next year he'll lead the team in catches, yards, and touchdowns.

We haven't had a guy with his personality since Jared Allen. I love personalities in football. I wish we had more of them.

kcxiv 03-20-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

no, its his excuse for why he wasnt playing more snaps early in the season.

RealSNR 03-20-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Thinking about having sex with your mother.

****ing seriously. Do you miss the days of Jake O'Connell and Leonard Pope as your starting TEs?

DenverChief 03-20-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11395236)
It's his excuse for only leading the team in receiving yards. Next year he'll lead the team in catches, yards, and touchdowns.

We haven't had a guy with his personality since Jared Allen. I love personalities in football. I wish we had more of them.

If he could hold on the the ball through the tackles he can do whatever he wants

KCrockaholic 03-20-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 11395242)
If he could hold on the the ball through the tackles he can do whatever he wants

I'm not even going into the fumbles stuff. I mean Jamaal Charles has bad hands catching the ball, but I'm never going to sit here and complain about him when he does EVERYTHING else so well.

big_lebowski33 03-20-2015 04:45 PM

His knee looked ok when he dusted the Bengals in that preseason game. "I just want to shout out to my knee" Glad he'll be 100 percent heading into the season.

Chieficus 03-20-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11395236)

I think te wise we got a lot spoiled with Tony. Yeah, Kelce had some fumbles and stupid moments, but he did awesome for essentially a first year te... Staying healthy, he's only going to get better.

Deberg_1990 03-20-2015 04:45 PM

Tony Gonzalez didnt even have as good as season as Kelces until his 4th year in. Its silly to criticize him at this juncture.

DenverChief 03-20-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11395240)
Thinking about having sex with your mother.

****ing seriously. Do you miss the days of Jake O'Connell and Leonard Pope as your starting TEs?

I miss the toughness and reliability of McGrath....Fumbling is my biggest pet peeve espeicially when you have multiple boneheaded fumbles in a season...

DenverChief 03-20-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11395244)
I mean Jamaal Charles has bad hands catching the ball.

WUT?!?

:spock:

KCrockaholic 03-20-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 11395251)
WUT?!?

:spock:

Watch more Chiefs football.

DenverChief 03-20-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11395253)
Watch more Chiefs football.

okay sparky - I don't recall in recent memory Charles "bad hands" resulting in a turnover - NEXT!