ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pit Bull Kills man trying to resuscitate his owner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291186)

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-09-2015 06:26 PM

Pit Bull Kills man trying to resuscitate his owner

West Virginia police say a 62-year-old man has died after being mauled to death by a pit bull that attacked him as he tried to revive the dog’s unconscious owner following a heart attack.

Wheeling police said the pit bull attacked Roy Higgenbotham Jr. in a home shortly before 9 p.m. Sunday.

Officers also found the dog’s owner, David Wallace, 63, dead in the house.

Lt. Phil Redford said police believe Wallace suffered a heart attack. Higgenbotham was attacked as he tried to resuscitate Wallace.

Autopsies will determine an official cause of death.

The dog, a 3-year-old female, was removed from the residence by Ohio County Animal Control and placed in quarantine.

Neighbors told WTRF-TV it appears the dog became protective and attacked when she saw Higgenbotham try and administer first aid to his stricken friend.

“One of them had, had some heart problems and it seems like she was protecting him from the person trying to resuscitate him,” Beth Patsch told the station. "She was always wonderful, they had had her and her mother and her mother had just passed away in the fall, I believe, and this was the puppy. They've had her since she was tiny, tiny and never a problem."

Patsch, who lives across the street, said a woman was in the house at the time. She said she saw the woman climb out a second-floor window onto a porch roof to avoid being attacked by the dog.

Fox affiliate WTOV reported that the pit bull was not registered with the city, despite an ordinance that requires all pit bulls in the city be registered.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

So what say you ? Was the dog justified ? Should the Dog be put down ?

TimBone 03-09-2015 06:28 PM

I'm sure this is going to spark another pit bull debate, but I just don't think Pit Bulls are a safe breed, regardless of their upbringing.

Red Dawg 03-09-2015 06:31 PM

All pits should be destroyed. How many have killed unprovoked.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-09-2015 06:32 PM

My theory has always been that if you're at a friends house and they have that type of pet that you're unsure of just go ahead and jerk the dog off. It would have saved this guys life no doubt.

But yeah, actually a Pitbull , just shoot them.

chiefzilla1501 03-09-2015 06:32 PM

I knew his music was terrible, but I didn't realize it had this kind of an effect on people

TLO 03-09-2015 06:35 PM

This thread will be 800 pages long before it's all over.

TLO 03-09-2015 06:36 PM

Also. I'm going to need to hear MTG's opinion before sharing my own.

BigMeatballDave 03-09-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 11371771)
All pits should be destroyed. How many have killed unprovoked.

:facepalm:

Like a ****ing dog knows what CPR is.

All the dog sees is someone hurting his human.

Most large breed dogs would attack. Dumbass.

Lonewolf Ed 03-09-2015 06:36 PM

In the dog's defense, it would have looked like the man was attacking the owner. But since the dog killed a person, it has to be put down. I've never owned a pit bull, but I had a Rottweiler. She loved it when company came over. But if I had a heart attack and one of my friends tried CPR on me, she probably would have barked at the guy, at the very least. She'd have been freaked out by me flopping to the floor, I am sure. Once when I was barefoot and using the sweeper, I tried to push it into the family room and stubbed my toe badly. I let out a holler and fell on the floor. She came over and laid her head on my chest and looked so sad!

Rausch 03-09-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11371765)
I'm sure this is going to spark another pit bull debate, but I just don't think Pit Bulls are a safe breed, regardless of their upbringing.

The argument changes when the breed has the ability to kill you.

Or, I suppose, a stronger argument for concealed carry...

In58men 03-09-2015 06:38 PM

Take it to DC

kccrow 03-09-2015 06:39 PM

Jesus ****ing Christ... stupidity will run rampant with this one, especially for those stupid ****s that never owned a pit bull.

I'd tell ya why that pit bull killed, but it wouldn't sink in.

KCUnited 03-09-2015 06:40 PM

This is why I never stop to help anyone, ever.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-09-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11371784)
In the dog's defense, it would have looked like the man was attacking the owner. But since the dog killed a person, it has to be put down. I've never owned a pit bull, but I had a Rottweiler. She loved it when company came over. But if I had a heart attack and one of my friends tried CPR on me, she probably would have barked at the guy, at the very least. She'd have been freaked out by me flopping to the floor, I am sure. Once when I was barefoot and using the sweeper, I tried to push it into the family room and stubbed my toe badly. I let out a holler and fell on the floor. She came over and laid her head on my chest and looked so sad!

I think Rottys are a different breed mentally. I used to raise them to sell, show dog bloodlines I would sell to soldiers a Bragg. They can reason things out. Pitts go into attack mode due to the size of their microscopic brain size I think.

Rausch 03-09-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11371790)
Jesus ****ing Christ... stupidity will run rampant with this one, especially for those stupid ****s that never owned a pit bull.

I'd tell ya why that pit bull killed, but it wouldn't sink in.

I could tell you why two people died but that probably wouldn't sink in...