ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   post-Maclin draft scenarios (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291159)

the Talking Can 03-09-2015 06:37 AM

post-Maclin draft scenarios

come on draftniks...entertain me

what do we do now?....dream a little about the first 3 picks now that we've addressed our most glaring and difficult to fill need (a #1 WR)

i still want a WR in the first 3 rounds...agholor/lockett

but we can take basically anything in the first (this will even reduce the vomit backwash taste in my throat when we go OL)

Dmello12 03-09-2015 07:32 AM

with hudson leaving you'd think that would bring more attention to the OL since eric fisher is currently the best one we have. If Collins from LSU is sitting there I wouldn't think twice others could be flowers or clemmings neither which I am extremely high on like collins. If no OL is there that we like you'd think ILB (kendricks), safety (Landon collins), or possibly a corner if a guy like waynes is still on the board, unless white or cooper fall to us(maclin plus either of these guys would be fun to watch). In the second I'd like them to look for a guy to put opposite Maclin(if not taken care of in the first) in DGB, strong, or maybe take a guy like lockett a little early to lock him up. 3rd I think we just take BPA at a position of need.

For me ideally as of now i'd like
1.) Collins T/G LSU
2.) DGB WR mizz
3.) Tomlinson g- duke

biggest needs after this is ILB where there's quite the drop off of players until later rounds and a saftety. Well biggest need thats going to get fixed Aka Alex smith.

redshirt32 03-09-2015 07:37 AM

This of all years looks good for the Chiefs setting at 18 we will have offers from teams that want the last of the pass rushers, the big DTs, and whoever has a hard on for the CB that they think is as good as or better than Waynes. Not to mention Gordon, Chiefs are targeting big hand slot guys that catch everything.

If we get Maclin he will command attention we have Kelce, JC, adding a good slot receiver that gets open and can catch the GD ball who you gona cover Hardy is the best fit IMO and could be picked up in the 3rd.

If Hudson moves on as we think he is then we are back to the same fix the OL would not be surprised if we select OL twice in the first 5 picks depending on who we can bring in as FA OL help or if we can at all.
2 OL/ 1 slot receiver DB/LB or another DL, it will be interesting to see how all this plays out leading up to draft day.

I like Agholor also if we can get the OL figured out the chains will be moving in KC.

Shox 03-09-2015 08:21 AM

Assuming we also land Revis, which I think they will make real effort to get done.

1. La'el Collins G/T LSU
2. Lake Tomlinson G Duke (no Revis this is a CB)
3. Gerod Holliman FS Louisville
3a Clive Walford TE Miami
4. Josh Shaw CB USC
5. Jahlston Fowler FB Bama

OldSchool 03-09-2015 10:07 AM

We'll still draft a WR with 1 of the 1st 2 picks.

I like Strong/Agholor/Dorsett in the 2nd.

RunKC 03-09-2015 10:20 AM

I'm worried about DB. S especially. We need to draft one for depth at some point.

I want Eric Rowe.

Sorter 03-09-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmello12 (Post 11370174)
with hudson leaving you'd think that would bring more attention to the OL since eric fisher is currently the best one we have. If Collins from LSU is sitting there I wouldn't think twice others could be flowers or clemmings neither which I am extremely high on like collins. If no OL is there that we like you'd think ILB (kendricks), safety (Landon collins), or possibly a corner if a guy like waynes is still on the board, unless white or cooper fall to us(maclin plus either of these guys would be fun to watch). In the second I'd like them to look for a guy to put opposite Maclin(if not taken care of in the first) in DGB, strong, or maybe take a guy like lockett a little early to lock him up. 3rd I think we just take BPA at a position of need.

For me ideally as of now i'd like
1.) Collins T/G LSU
2.) DGB WR mizz
3.) Tomlinson g- duke

biggest needs after this is ILB where there's quite the drop off of players until later rounds and a saftety. Well biggest need thats going to get fixed Aka Alex smith.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Fap_fcd5f1_1143233.gif

The Poz 03-09-2015 10:26 AM

They'll need a DE in the draft. To free up the money for Maclin and potentially Revis, Devito could be a casualty. The current DE depth behind Bailey is thin.

Dante84 03-09-2015 07:04 PM

Keeping DeVito, thanks to a restructure!

kccrow 03-09-2015 07:13 PM

I don't think picking up Maclin changes my most recent mock a bit. The gain of Maclin and impending loss of Hudson would make me change my free agent signings though. At this point I'm hoping KC signs Wisniewski from the Raiders.

RealSNR 03-09-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11370479)
We'll still draft a WR with 1 of the 1st 2 picks.

I like Strong/Agholor/Dorsett in the 2nd.

I'll wager that.

John Dorsey seems to be the kind of guy that will purposely NOT draft for need even if a player at that position is the best pick... all so he can claim he's a "We stick to our board" guy through and through.

staylor26 03-09-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11371947)
I'll wager that.

John Dorsey seems to be the kind of guy that will purposely NOT draft for need even if a player at that position is the best pick... all so he can claim he's a "We stick to our board" guy through and through.

That is bullshit. Dorsey doesn't have an ego problem.

RustShack 03-09-2015 08:56 PM

A WR in the first few rounds(preferably DGB), a couple OL a LB and a DB. I know I'll get railed, but I thinks Bibbs would be a nice addition at TE late in the draft.

RealSNR 03-09-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11371989)
That is bullshit. Dorsey doesn't have an ego problem.

Look at his two Chiefs drafts. That's exactly what he's done.

Hoover 03-09-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 11370516)
They'll need a DE in the draft. To free up the money for Maclin and potentially Revis, Devito could be a casualty. The current DE depth behind Bailey is thin.

Howard? Catapano? We need to sign Vickerson on the cheap