ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel: Agent Carter on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289742)

Buehler445 01-06-2015 09:52 AM

Marvel: Agent Carter on ABC

Starts tonight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5XkkRVeyVnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

duncan_idaho 01-06-2015 09:58 AM

Gotta be honest guys, I'm really excited about this show and hope everybody loves it. I think they will, from what I've heard about the production.

Full disclosure: My wife and I are friends with Hayley Atwell, so I'm biased.

But Hayley is very proud of this work, which is a big statement, coming from her (she's very picky about what she chooses to do and has turned down several major and high-paying roles because they weren't products she could be proud of her). That she's really proud of it says a lot.

keg in kc 01-06-2015 10:23 AM

If I had a wife, and we knew Hayley Atwell, and this theoretical wife could read my mind - or my body language - I probably wouldn't have a wife much longer. LMAO

Buehler445 01-06-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11247021)
Gotta be honest guys, I'm really excited about this show and hope everybody loves it. I think they will, from what I've heard about the production.

Full disclosure: My wife and I are friends with Hayley Atwell, so I'm biased.

But Hayley is very proud of this work, which is a big statement, coming from her (she's very picky about what she chooses to do and has turned down several major and high-paying roles because they weren't products she could be proud of her). That she's really proud of it says a lot.

Awesome man. That's really cool. Although it makes me realize that I know virtually nobody famous.

I'm really excited for it and hope it works out well.

Buehler445 01-06-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11247059)
If I had a wife, and we knew Hayley Atwell, and this theoretical wife could read my mind - or my body language - I probably wouldn't have a wife much longer. LMAO

It is a good thing my wife and I don't know Hayley Atwell for this very reason. She purty.

duncan_idaho 01-06-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11247059)

She was my wife's friend first. Makes it a little easier.

She also was still attending Guildhall when my wife and I started dating, so it wasn't like she was this huge star yet.

It's kind of cool when your friend starts making it big, though.

SO WATCH THE SHOW!!!

;)

keg in kc 01-06-2015 10:42 AM

Hayley Atwell would probably be offended that a loser like me would even think about her in the first place, but it's a fun mental exercise anyway! LMAO

Preaching to the choir here in any case. I think all of us were already planning to watch.

Buehler445 01-06-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11247077)
Hayley Atwell would probably be offended that a loser like me would even think about her in the first place, but it's a fun mental exercise anyway! LMAO

Preaching to the choir here in any case. I think all of us were already planning to watch.

Yeah, definitely planning to watch. I'm certainly active rooting for her to succeed though. Good to know some Hollywood types are good people IRL.

The Franchise 01-06-2015 12:10 PM

So any back story on what this is going to involve? Like stand alone type shit or are there going to be other well known characters involved?

Buehler445 01-06-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11247231)
So any back story on what this is going to involve? Like stand alone type shit or are there going to be other well known characters involved?

I read an article this morning and damn if I can't find it now, but it is in 1946 after the war, and she has to find herself in the SSR. Apparently the story is someone is selling Starks shit on the black market and Howard asks her to find it.

Stark is in it. Apparently Jarvis, Starks butler is the other key character. I haven't heard of any other cameos.

Buehler445 01-06-2015 01:10 PM

Link

There aren't any real spoilers in it, but just in case anyone is wanting to go in completely blind.

Spoiler!

sd4chiefs 01-06-2015 06:24 PM

100% on the tomatometer.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/mar...nt-carter/s01/

siberian khatru 01-06-2015 09:02 PM

I thought it was very good. James D'Arcy was one of the best things.

Deberg_1990 01-06-2015 09:21 PM

Not sure about 'Ant Man'. Looks pretty corny when he's riding the wasp/ant thing.

stumppy 01-06-2015 10:30 PM

Pretty good. I'll be watching it next week.