ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Any board changes soon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289659)

wutamess 01-02-2015 05:16 PM

Any board changes soon?

I was thinking... I only come here once every 2-4 months and when I do it's the same old board. By that, I mean no disrespect but isn't there something to make the board more "user friendly" or updated?

Like real time post updates on posts instead of having to hit refresh. Facebook "like or dislike" buttons to go along with the rep system?

I found myself wanting to like a post of someone's but I then remember the rep system I'd have to go through a couple of clicks and no one else can see my rep for that user. More times than not, I just don't do the rep because of that reason.

These are just my mudslinging thoughts and wanted to know if there were any upgrades coming?

Please understand I'm just offering suggestions instead of slinging mud.
This place is more like the older dwindling church that doesn't change with the times instead of evolving to include "quickies for convenience" for the younger ADHD generation.

Buehler445 01-02-2015 05:21 PM

The other forum I visit is.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/category-v...p?showall=true

This place is like a ****ing spaceship compared to that joint.

KCrockaholic 01-02-2015 05:23 PM

How bout an app? I hate getting on here with a browser while at work (I don't sit in front of a cpu screen all day like most), so an app would be nice.

Fire Me Boy! 01-02-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11238164)
How bout an app? I hate getting on here with a browser while at work (I don't sit in front of a cpu screen all day like most), so an app would be nice.

This. And Tapatalk ****ing sucks out loud.

KCrockaholic 01-02-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11238168)
This. And Tapatalk ****ing sucks out loud.

No joke! I tried tapatalk once... Never again. My god.

KCrockaholic 01-02-2015 05:29 PM

Hell, if CP made an app, and it was actually decent, I'd pay a couple bucks for it. And I've never in my life paid for an app before.

DaFace 01-02-2015 05:31 PM

CP is on software that's 5 years old, so there aren't a ton of new features coming out for it at this point. The upgrade is do-able, but it's a massive amount of work, and a lot of the features that HAVE been added over the years would we wiped out.

So in short, I wouldn't hold your breath.

jonzie04 01-02-2015 05:36 PM

Shit I'd be happy just to be able to use the search button again. And for the site to not crash on game days. But i'm sure that stuff costs money.

Fire Me Boy! 01-02-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11238179)
Hell, if CP made an app, and it was actually decent, I'd pay a couple bucks for it. And I've never in my life paid for an app before.

I mentioned the same. I'd pay for it in a heartbeat.

jonzie04 01-02-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11238160)
The other forum I visit is.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/category-v...p?showall=true

This place is like a ****ing spaceship compared to that joint.

ROFLROFLROFL

KCrockaholic 01-02-2015 05:37 PM

I don't even use this site on gamedays. Normally after the game, but not during. I can't stand losing focus. But with an app I'd probably log on every once in a while during a game.

DaFace 01-02-2015 05:41 PM

Some of you guys have massive misconceptions about how much time software development takes. My guess is the cost to custom develop an app (other than Tapatalk) for CP would be higher than the revenues of the site in its entire history.

New versions of vBulletin are compatible with a mobile app made by the vBulletin company, but by all accounts, it's awful.

KCrockaholic 01-02-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11238197)
Some of you guys have massive misconceptions about how much time software development takes. My guess is the cost to custom develop an app (other than Tapatalk) for CP would be higher than the revenues of the site in its entire history.

New versions of vBulletin are compatible with a mobile app made by the vBulletin company, but by all accounts, it's awful.

You can call me out, geez. But if a real app ever WAS made, I guarantee a TON of us would pay for it and cover the costs.

DaFace 01-02-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11238202)
You can call me out, geez. But if a real app ever WAS made, I guarantee a TON of us would pay for it and cover the costs.

To put more numbers to it, it's probably a $50k-$75k effort on the low end to design from scratch, so you're gonna have to have some pretty deep pockets.

KCrockaholic 01-02-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11238203)
To put more numbers to it, it's probably a $50k-$75k effort on the low end, so you're gonna have to have some pretty deep pockets.

Jesus Christ. Nevermind.