ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFC West - 7 games left (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288250)

Mile High Mania 11-10-2014 09:05 AM

AFC West - 7 games left

Hola - so I've taken a break from posting here for the most part and I think we're all happier. :thumb: However, going into the final stretch of 7 games with the bye weeks done, it looks like it's going to be a nice battle for the division crown.

Not much room for error, quite honestly, with each team having at least 3 difficult (in red) games in the final 7. The Chargers, in my opinion have the toughest road with the Ravens, Patriots, Denver, SF and KC. They're really going to have to turn it on to make up the 2 game gap, otherwise they're pinning their hopes on a wildcard, which is more difficult as the 3rd place divisional team ... and you have three 6 win teams in the North.

Denver and KC have the game @KC and that could mean everything. If KC can knock off SEA next week, that's a monstrous development for the race. My guess is most chalked that up as a loss, but they've been very mortal lately.

Denver has looked anything but unbeatable the last few weeks, they've played ok, but the OL is having issues - too many penalties and the defense bends and breaks on 3rd down against aggressive teams.

At some point, that could cost them a win against a Miami or Cincy.

Nice win for KC at Buffalo yesterday, good road win. At the very least, it appears right now that we have a 3-team race. Should look that way for the next 2 weeks, as I think SD can win two straight (OAK, STL). All three teams can win their next two games and then we're heading into December with quite the finish for the divisional crown.

Good luck with all that...

Broncos (7-2 overall / 3-0 Div)
Lost @ SEA and @ NEP
@ STL
MIA
@KC
BUF
@SD
@CIN
OAK

Chiefs (6-3 overall / 1-1 Div)
Lost to TEN, @ DEN and @ SFF
SEA
@OAK
DEN
@AZ
OAK
@PIT
SD

Chargers (5-4 overall / 1-2 Div)
Lost @AZ, to KC, @ DEN and @MIA
OAK
STL
@BAL
NEP
DEN
@SF
@KC

The Franchise 11-10-2014 09:07 AM

Swept the AFC East.

lcarus 11-10-2014 09:09 AM

The @Arizona game will be a difficult game

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:10 AM

This is actually pretty interesting. If reports are true and Palmer is done for the year, holy shit. That's a game I had us penciled to lose for sure. I don't think we can win IN Pittsburgh. If we were home, I'd say it's an easy win. The Steelers much like Seattle are different teams home and away.

That's the only game at this point I think we have no shot in. Could you ****ing imagine this team going 12-4 and taking the West? Because it's incredibly ****ing possible.

That said, we could still go 8-8 and wonder where it all went wrong again like last year. Crazy ****ing season.

keg in kc 11-10-2014 09:16 AM

I would've marked the Dolphins as a tough game, as well as ours against the Cardinals, even without Palmer.

I could see the Chargers losing to the lambs.

We really blew it by coming out so unprepared against the Titans, and then blowing what ended up being winnable games at Denver and SF. :(

May turn out in the end that we had the division right there for us, and we didn't take it. I don't think we finish 11-5, and I'm not sure 10-6 will be enough for a wild card. Still, win out at home (we absolutely HAVE to do that to get anywhere...) and find a way to take one on the road and we're there. Drop one at home and we're looking at needing 2 of 3 on the road, and that's a really tall order. Even the game in Oakland is a challenge.

Mav 11-10-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100655)
This is actually pretty interesting. If reports are true and Palmer is done for the year, holy shit. That's a game I had us penciled to lose for sure. I don't think we can win IN Pittsburgh. If we were home, I'd say it's an easy win. The Steelers much like Seattle are different teams home and away.

That's the only game at this point I think we have no shot in. Could you ****ing imagine this team going 12-4 and taking the West? Because it's incredibly ****ing possible.

That said, we could still go 8-8 and wonder where it all went wrong again like last year. Crazy ****ing season.

The Steelers are just so Bi polar. As I am sure you are noticing. Remember, this is team that lost to the Buccanneers at HOME.

they should of lost to Cleveland at home, but stomped the Colts, and the ravens in back to back weeks at home.

KC is a difficult matchup for them because they do something that the Colts, and the Ravens don't do. They get after the qb. That is what is going to be tough for the steelers.

I thought the Cardinals game would be tough. But, Alex Smith does the one thing that you have to do against the Cards. You cant turn the ball over vs them. And that was proven yesterday. That was an extremely close game until the Cardinals returned two ints for tds yesterday.

now with palmer out, I think that's a toss up.

The more I look at it now, this appears to be an 11 win team.

That is stunning.

Mav 11-10-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11100659)
I would've marked the Dolphins as a tough game, as well as ours against the Cardinals, even without Palmer.

I could see the Chargers losing to the lambs.

We really blew it by coming out so unprepared against the Titans, and then blowing what ended up being winnable games at Denver and SF. :(

May turn out in the end that we had the division right there for us, and we didn't take it. I don't think we finish 11-5, and I'm not sure 10-6 will be enough for a wild card. Still, win out at home (we absolutely HAVE to do that to get anywhere...) and find a way to take one on the road and we're there. Drop one at home and we're looking at needing 2 of 3 on the road, and that's a really tall order. Even the game in Oakland is a challenge.

I think you are being a bit narrow minded.

the Bills and dolphins are both 5-4. They play Thursday night, which will drop one of them to 11-5 giving kc a 3 game lead over them.

The Browns still have to play the Ravens, and Cinci again, they also have to travel TO buffalo, and play home to indy.

The Chargers have a murderers row of games to play.

I think at worst, the chiefs are the 5 seed. They are too consistent to say that they are going to 4-3 down the stretch. I just don't see it.

5-2 at worst.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:23 AM

BTW, I'm calling my shot in this thread. Denver has absolutely lived rent free in this team's head since Peyton went there.

We're going to beat them at home.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100668)
I think you are being a bit narrow minded.

the Bills and dolphins are both 5-4. They play Thursday night, which will drop one of them to 11-5 giving kc a 3 game lead over them.

The Browns still have to play the Ravens, and Cinci again, they also have to travel TO buffalo, and play home to indy.

The Chargers have a murderers row of games to play.

I think at worst, the chiefs are the 5 seed. They are too consistent to say that they are going to 4-3 down the stretch. I just don't see it.

5-2 at worst.

We still have the world champ, the runner up in the SB, and 3 potential playoff teams in our last 7. We could easily go 4-3. 10-6 will get us in though with the tiebreakers we own.

RunKC 11-10-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100670)
BTW, I'm calling my shot in this thread. Denver has absolutely lived rent free in this team's head since Peyton went there.

We were raping them the first half last year. Then Lewis, Flowers and Demps got burned.
I don't see us giving up those long passing plays like that this season.

This team is absolutely built to beat them.

Graystoke 11-10-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100670)

Man I hope that is the case.

Mav 11-10-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100673)
We still have the world champ, the runner up in the SB, and 3 potential playoff teams in our last 7. We could easily go 4-3. 10-6 will get us in though with the tiebreakers we own.

Eh. That is NOT the Super bowl champs. that is a good team, but they are beatable, and much like the Cardinals, they thrive on creating turnovers. Something Alex Smith just will not do. I refuse to back down off of my premise that every single game if you are going to beat the CHIEFS, you are going to take it from them. They have zero quit in them.

I don't think there is a team they play coming up that looks at the chiefs and goes, "we will win that game."

besides, you just called your shot above. You said we beat Denver, so with given that info, find me three other games we lose outside of that lol.

Im homering this bitch till the wheels fall off.

Strongside 11-10-2014 09:27 AM

Denver @ St. Louis is going to be a tougher game than you'd think. Don't be surprised if the Rams play them close or even pull out a big upset.

keg in kc 11-10-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100668)

5-2 at worst.

Seattle and Denver are both home games which could go either way. Seattle runs the ball well and that's our only real weakness on defense. Denver we just can't seem to beat (until we finally do...). Would not shock me to lose them both. Obviously I hope that doesn't happen.

I don't think any division game is ever a foregone conclusion, so it would not surprise me to see either a split with Oakland, or SD spoiling our season in week 17. Which may well be all they're playing for by that point.

Pittsburgh is Jekyll and Hyde. That game could go either way. I think a loss is more likely than a win at this point, but anything could happen.

And Arizona isn't out of it with Stanton. They went 2-1 (beat the Giants on the road and 9ers at home) with him earlier in the year. It's probably fair to say it's more winnable now, but that game's not exactly an automatic win, either.

Personally, I'd be happy with 4-3, and thrilled with anything better than that.

lcarus 11-10-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11100681)
Denver @ St. Louis is going to be a tougher game than you'd think. Don't be surprised if the Rams play them close or even pull out a big upset.

I'd be really really shocked