ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This was one of my favorite Chiefs wins of all time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288225)

PunkinDrublic 11-09-2014 04:08 PM

This was one of my favorite Chiefs wins of all time

You really can't underestimate how tough it is to win in Buffalo. Some damn good Patriot teams have gone into Buffalo and gotten beat. I love the fact that the Bills defense was dominating our offense and we made the right adjustments at the right time. For Alex Smith to convert that 3rd down to Kelce after getting knocked around all day really proved his toughness. Really impressed with this teams saltiness and never say die attitude, when so many things weren't going well today.

I haven't been this fired up after a Chiefs win in a long time.

kysirsoze 11-09-2014 04:10 PM

This was a game that doesn't seem to go our way in years past. Of course Buffalo fans would assuredly say the same thing. Poor bastards.

Wallcrawler 11-09-2014 04:10 PM

Its a big win, but I have to think that without that huge fumble on the punt return that set us up at the 25 yard line of the Bills, this is a very, very different outcome.

Their defense was outstanding.

TimeForWasp 11-09-2014 04:11 PM

Same here. We could go on a real run here. Need oakland to pull off a miracle because Denver has an easier road from here out.

Rausch 11-09-2014 04:11 PM

It's hard to argue that this team hasn't turned the corner after clearly being overmatched and still winning...

OldSchool 11-09-2014 04:12 PM

I love these types of wins. Honestly, they feel much more satisfying to me than blowouts.

Sandy Vagina 11-09-2014 04:13 PM

This game aged me 5 years... but I can now say it's worth it! 6-3!!!! :)

rabblerouser 11-09-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 11098766)
You really can't underestimate how tough it is to win in Buffalo. Some damn good Patriot teams have gone into Buffalo and gotten beat. I love the fact that the Bills defense was dominating our offense and we made the right adjustments at the right time. For Alex Smith to convert that 3rd down to Kelce after getting knocked around all day really proved his toughness. Really impressed with this teams saltiness and never say die attitude, when so many things weren't going well today.

I haven't been this fired up after a Chiefs win in a long time.

Amen.

jspchief 11-09-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 11098777)
This was a game that doesn't seem to go our way in years past. Of course Buffalo fans would assuredly say the same thing. Poor bastards.

I thought the same thing. It was one of those games where we were statistically still in it, but conjured images of all those times we fell short in the past.

I hate to put too much into it, but I feel like it was the type of win that a team really grows from.

eDave 11-09-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 11098779)
Its a big win, but I have to think that without that huge fumble on the punt return that set us up at the 25 yard line of the Bills, this is a very, very different outcome.

Turnovers are part of the game, no?

PunkinDrublic 11-09-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 11098779)

Yeah well good teams make those kinds of things happen. We fumbled the ball too and they were only able to get a field goal out of it. Thank God Orton is such a shitty red zone QB.

milkman 11-09-2014 04:20 PM

This was one of the best ugly wins in a long time.

This team just battled.

Eleazar 11-09-2014 04:36 PM

Buffalo has invested a crazy amount of money in their D-line. They should be dominating the line of scrimmage.

It's pretty remarkable that a team with a mediocre offensive line and no receivers managed to win this game. Pretty remarkable indeed.

thabear04 11-09-2014 04:39 PM

I know this game was important to someone else on here because their kid a Bills fan.

Easy 6 11-09-2014 04:43 PM

To have the O line get skull****ed like that and still win is, yeah... pretty damn cool.