ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals It was a hell of a run (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287929)

petegz28 10-29-2014 09:31 PM

It was a hell of a run

It hurts, yes it hurts badly. But back in April no one had us going to the World Series. We were dreaming of just making the playoffs and we go to the last out of Game 7 of the World Series. We can all spend the next few months playing the what-if game but it came down to 2 teams, 1 game and 1 out. Sadly we ended up on the short end of that stick but we made one hell of a run.

Been a hell of a season and I know several of us hung onto every pitch, every swing and every run all season long. Even though we lost, it was all worth it and I would take a World Series loss over watching 2 other teams in the World Series any day!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-29-2014 09:32 PM

Umps' fault

ChiTown 10-29-2014 09:32 PM

I feel bad, but Jesus Christ, this team was just amazing this year. I just feel good about what they achieved. Major ups to this entire Franchise.

Bl00dyBizkitz 10-29-2014 09:32 PM

Wish I could feel the same way.

But it was just that close.

Crush 10-29-2014 09:34 PM

Even though they lost, thank you Royals for a magical season. For the first time in my life, I watched a meaningful baseball in October. They came back from 7-3 in the Wildcard. They swept the best team in the baseball in the ALDS. They swept the team with the most homers in baseball in the ALCS. They took a dynasty to 7 games in the World Series and kept it close against one of the greatest pitching performances in World Series history. Thanks again 2014 Kansas City Royals for a truly magical season.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2014 09:34 PM

You had a season as good as anyone could have reasonably hoped for. Better, actually. One of the greatest streaks in playoff history, too. Bumgarner was just a machine and the Giants so rarely make fundamental mistakes (Blanco and Perez's massive misplays being the glaring exception). They are a very, very tough team to beat.

Sorry that it didn't work out for you all, but you have nothing to hang your head about. Be proud of what the team accomplished and get ready to retool for next year.

Crush 10-29-2014 09:35 PM

This was fun. Let's do it again next year gents.

Valiant 10-29-2014 09:37 PM

Sucks, but a great run. These kids did all of this with no experience.

We no longer have hope for the future, we have expectations.

Cheers Royals.

TribalElder 10-29-2014 09:37 PM

Glad I didn't buy game 7 tickets ROFL

Deberg_1990 10-29-2014 09:41 PM

Great ride. A lot of fun. Proud of our Royals

hometeam 10-29-2014 09:41 PM

Three7s 10-29-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11070152)
You had a season as good as anyone could have reasonably hoped for. Better, actually. One of the greatest streaks in playoff history, too. Bumgarner was just a machine and the Giants so rarely make fundamental mistakes (Blanco and Perez's massive misplays being the glaring exception). They are a very, very tough team to beat.

Sorry that it didn't work out for you all, but you have nothing to hang your head about. Be proud of what the team accomplished and get ready to retool for next year.

The crappy part is there was a way that the Royals could have kept it tied, but what's done is done. The Royals had one guy to beat and couldn't get it done. Hat's off to Bumgarner. He's an above average regular season pitcher, but he's the best in the history of the game in the post-season. It's no surprise how the Giants have achieved this dynasty with him.

The Royals need to approach this off-season by looking towards getting another starter. Doesn't even need to be ace caliber with Ventura. Just need another guy with the ability to keep the Royals in the game. Also need a corner outfielder. Get those two things, keep our bullpen in tact, and I like our chances next year.

OnTheWarpath15 10-29-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11070152)

This.

You may not have won the WS, but you did get what you've been asking for for a LONG time.

Baseball is back in KC.

Buehler445 10-29-2014 09:43 PM

Best baseball I've watched.

IMO after the As we were playing with house money and we cleaned up. Almost won big.

Great fun this October baseball. Proud the Royals. Proud of the fans for representing. Awesome stuff. I'm not even too down about losing. We got buzz sawed by. Guy pitching outside his ****ing mind. Even with Pence and Sandoval owning us we win if bumgarner is even remotely human.

lewdog 10-29-2014 09:45 PM

Best baseball I've ever seen.

But this still hurts quite a bit to be that close. Man. Gonna be tough to just let it go.