ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Midway through the season, who's your MVP? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287872)

ThaVirus 10-27-2014 09:57 PM

Midway through the season, who's your MVP?

As far as PLAYERS are concerned.

There are some very clear favorites but I figured I'd see what the Planet thought.

Reerun_KC 10-27-2014 10:01 PM

Alex Smith.

Direckshun 10-27-2014 10:01 PM

Alex Smith has only really WON us one game, in San Diego. The other three he simply didn't lose.

Houston has been fantastic, but part of that success of course comes from Hali flushing QBs off their spot. It's hard to give an MVP to one player when he's part of a system.

Charles is once again this year's MVP. He compensates for almost everything our offense lacks, and gets his stats even when teams spend a full week preparing to stop him.

He's an All Pro candidate yet again.

O.city 10-27-2014 10:03 PM

People have been shitting on him for drops, etc, but Bowe is playing pretty well right now.

He needs more targets.

Iconic 10-27-2014 10:06 PM

Houston or Charles/Kniles.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-27-2014 10:07 PM

Easy.

Tyler Bray.

Pablo 10-27-2014 10:09 PM

No clear cut one, but Charles if you make me.

penbrook 10-27-2014 10:09 PM

Charles doesn't have the numbers for a all pro so far this year

Direckshun 10-27-2014 10:10 PM

Other guys that deserve a ton of recognition from the fans:

Davis at RB -- combined with Charles, is the best rushing attack in football
Kelce at TE -- fantastic energy and athleticism on the field, perfect TE for Alex Smith
Hudson at C -- has been indispensable in the ground game this year.
Poe/Bailey/Hali -- Houston is the headliner, but all four of these players are instrumental
Mauga at ILB -- somehow has given us quality play we've desperately needed at ILB
Sean Smith -- the one spot on our entire back seven that's been consistent
Abdullah/Parker at S -- have recovered from losing Berry to becoming a strength of our defense
Colquitt -- because Colquitt

Phillip Gaines is poised for a huge 2nd half of the season. I think DAT becomes a bigger and bigger part of the team, and the OL will continue to play better together.

penbrook 10-27-2014 10:10 PM

Ron Parker. The way he's filled in for Berry and has actually done better than Berry at covering recievers is why were #1 in the NFL in pass defense

Hammock Parties 10-27-2014 10:11 PM

I'd go with Alex Smith.

As the Most Valuable Payee, he is making a shit ton of money.

TimeForWasp 10-27-2014 10:12 PM

Team play. They collectively play well for the most part. They are playing like a team. Offense helping the defense helping the the offense. Special teams helping the offense helping the defense .

In58men 10-27-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11061519)
I'd go with Alex Smith.

As the Most Valuable Payee, he is making a shit ton of money.

I started to cut my wrist, but then I kept reading.

Direckshun 10-27-2014 10:17 PM

If players could share it, I think Hali/Houston/Poe/Bailey deserve it over Charles.

But not by much.

jonzie04 10-27-2014 10:21 PM

I think its knile Davis. He carried us through dark times, and was the spark that started it all. I accredit him for winning the dolphins game, I accredit him for the long drives against Denver, keeping 5 head off the field, and putting our team in position for the win. And he was the MVP of the rams game, he took the wind right out of their sails with his Kr td. And then proceeded to maul them to close the game out.

Cases could be made for other players though.