ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals So what's the deal with Frank White? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287556)

TLO 10-17-2014 01:24 PM

So what's the deal with Frank White?

Just had 810 on and Kietzman was talking about trying to get Frank White to throw out the first pitch for one of the World Series games.

What is the issues between White and the Royals in the first place?

Mr. Laz 10-17-2014 01:26 PM

White wanted a shot at being Manager and the organization didn't want to

White got sick of waiting

short version

Discuss Thrower 10-17-2014 01:27 PM

HE got removed from the FOX Sports KC broadcasting team in favor of journeyman Rex Hudler for being too critical of the Royals.

Mr. Laz 10-17-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11024033)
HE got removed from the FOX Sports KC broadcasting team in favor of journeyman Rex Hudler for being too critical of the Royals.

that too

TLO 10-17-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11024033)

I knew about this - but figured there must be more to the story.

For the record; Hud > White

alnorth 10-17-2014 01:36 PM

Thats why Frank White is mad. On the other side, the Royals finally got sick of Frank White. In public while he was employed by the team, Frank White would complain to anyone who would listen about how he felt the Royals were disrespecting him or mistreating him. He would even complain often to people who worked for other teams about the Royals.

At some point, even if you were a great player, the team could not put up with an employee trashing the organization all the time. They probably would have given him some honorary assistant to the GM paid job like Brett if he was a team player.

Steron 10-17-2014 01:59 PM

Not to derail but have they announced who it will be? Brett?

BigRock 10-17-2014 01:59 PM

The rift that sent him packing was supposedly between him and Dan Glass. But Frank has found reasons to be angry, and reasons to think he's being disrespected by the organization, going back to the end of his playing career. The only constant in the equation is him.

siberian khatru 10-17-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11024057)
Thats why Frank White is mad. On the other side, the Royals finally got sick of Frank White. In public while he was employed by the team, Frank White would complain to anyone who would listen about how he felt the Royals were disrespecting him or mistreating him. He would even complain often to people who worked for other teams about the Royals.

At some point, even if you were a great player, the team could not put up with an employee trashing the organization all the time. They probably would have given him some honorary assistant to the GM paid job like Brett if he was a team player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 11024087)
The rift that sent him packing was supposedly between him and Dan Glass. But Frank has found reasons to be angry, and reasons to think he's being disrespected by the organization, going back to the end of his playing career. The only constant in the equation is him.

These guys.

gblowfish 10-17-2014 02:26 PM

Frank White and the Glass family hate each other.
That's pretty much it.

It'll be interesting when Frank becomes a Jackson County Commissioner. The stadiums are under the political thumb of Jackson County. Great soap opera brewing there....

cosmo20002 10-17-2014 02:33 PM

There's also something about the Royals trying to cut his pay. He was in some sort of PR position--making appearances and whatnot for the team--and they asked him to take a pay cut but still expected the same number of appearances.

petegz28 10-17-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 11024045)

If you think Hud is better than White you need your head examined

cosmo20002 10-17-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 11024087)

I'm sure part of it is his wanting to manage and being passed over for guys like Tony Muser and Trey Hilman, but I wouldn't be too quick to take the Glass side. They kind of seem to be dicks.

cosmo20002 10-17-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 11024045)

Hud is growing on me, but I thought Frank was great. Not just doing a good job a the normal stuff, but as a former great player on the team he was able to inject some history and interesting anecdotes into it, and he had a lot of credibility doing it. He KNOWS the Royals present and past.

Mr. Laz 10-17-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11024141)
If you think Hud is better than White you need your head examined

maybe not better but the positive attitude and energy has worked out