ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Free NFL Sunday ticket (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286167)

runnercyclist 09-02-2014 06:03 PM

Free NFL Sunday ticket

CBS blacked out in my market due to ongoing negotiations with Raycom. Called and threatened to cancel my service and they appeased me with the NFL Sundat Ticket max for free! Score!

-King- 09-02-2014 07:31 PM

No Way!

lewdog 09-02-2014 07:33 PM

I'll probably cancel mine after the Chiefs start 0-8 to save some money.

Easy 6 09-02-2014 07:35 PM

Not a bad way to appease.

Canofbier 09-02-2014 07:37 PM

They probably extended your contract for another two years on top of that, though. The way streaming services are improving nowadays, I'm not eager to lock myself down to an expensive and increasingly antiquated service.

Shaid 09-02-2014 08:36 PM

I got Sunday Ticket for free 5 years in a row doing the same thing. Fox was what I pushed for a couple years. A different time they were having a disput with all the disney shows, etc. My wife tried once and got $10 off a month. I called back and told them that was insulting and got Sunday Ticket, 6 months of premium channels and $30 off a month for 6 months. Each time I extended the contract 1 year so it basically always left the contract up for grabs the following year. Last year I just terminated entirely though, just too expensive for how little we used it. They offered Sunday Ticket, etc. again and even called back with a really good deal, just wasn't worth it to me anymore. Did like the DVR and Sunday Ticket though.

Mav 09-02-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10874947)
I got Sunday Ticket for free 5 years in a row doing the same thing. Fox was what I pushed for a couple years. A different time they were having a disput with all the disney shows, etc. My wife tried once and got $10 off a month. I called back and told them that was insulting and got Sunday Ticket, 6 months of premium channels and $30 off a month for 6 months. Each time I extended the contract 1 year so it basically always left the contract up for grabs the following year. Last year I just terminated entirely though, just too expensive for how little we used it. They offered Sunday Ticket, etc. again and even called back with a really good deal, just wasn't worth it to me anymore. Did like the DVR and Sunday Ticket though.

Yeah. I did this for a couple years. But, now I can actually afford it, so im paying this year.

Titty Meat 09-02-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10874599)
I'll probably cancel mine after the Chiefs start 0-8 to save some money.

Bandwagon fan

ROYC75 09-02-2014 09:52 PM

I can't afford my Sunday Ticket for the 1st time in 12 years, I need to call them and do some hard selling.

runnercyclist 09-03-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10874617)
They probably extended your contract for another two years on top of that, though. The way streaming services are improving nowadays, I'm not eager to lock myself down to an expensive and increasingly antiquated service.

No contract extension. But auto-renewal.

BlackHelicopters 09-03-2014 03:01 PM

Wow!

chief52 09-06-2014 09:39 AM

I just called and haggled with them. I totally hate having to do that. I have had DirecTV for 15 years and always pay on time. I told them it is bull that I get charged the full price for the Sunday Ticket. They gave me $10 off a month and said that was the best they could do on the Ticket, but they would put me on hold and see if there was any other way to get my bill down. Bull! She goes off to work on my bill and comes back and says I can have it for free as well as Showtime, HBO etc free for 3 months and can drop them or continue after that. Her manager was not available earlier and she was only authorized to give $10 off without supervisor approval!

Definitely pays to call! I got Sunday Ticket for free saving me $329 and they threw in HBO Showtime etc free for 3 months on top of it with no extended committment! :D:D:D

Why Not? 09-06-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52 (Post 10883996)
I just called and haggled with them. I totally hate having to do that. I have had DirecTV for 15 years and always pay on time. I told them it is bull that I get charged the full price for the Sunday Ticket. They gave me $10 off a month and said that was the best they could do on the Ticket, but they would put me on hold and see if there was any other way to get my bill down. Bull! She goes off to work on my bill and comes back and says I can have it for free as well as Showtime, HBO etc free for 3 months and can drop them or continue after that. Her manager was not available earlier and she was only authorized to give $10 off without supervisor approval!

Definitely pays to call! I got Sunday Ticket for free saving me $329 and they threw in HBO Showtime etc free for 3 months on top of it with no extended committment! :D:D:D

They were gonna charge you $329 for Sunday Ticket? I would have called also

mdchiefsfan 09-06-2014 10:30 AM

I qualified to stream it on my xbox one. This is the first time I've been able to watch every Chiefs game in the comfort of my own home. Bars were raping my wallet, so I figured it was a sound investment.

R8RFAN 09-06-2014 10:34 AM

people wanting handouts is all America is about now