ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *** OFFICIAL Pay it Forward/Random acts of kindness thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285836)

BigRedChief 08-21-2014 08:58 AM

*** OFFICIAL Pay it Forward/Random acts of kindness thread ***

I was part of this. I never get Starbucks but it got me to thinking... There is a lot of negative, horrible shit that happens in the world and to us. Maybe having one thread where we celebrate the what is best in us all wouldn't be such a bad thing.

We can post something that we heard about or happened to us or one of our friends or family. Doesn't have to be a big thing. Sometimes the small things like buying a cup of coffee for someone can make a difference. Anything we heard about a selfless act, giving to someone else for no reason other to make their life a little better, if only for a brief time can be posted here in this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

An act of kindness at a Starbucks drive-thru in Florida inspired an 11-hour chain of paying-it-forward.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ucks/14380109/

A woman drove up and paid for her own iced coffee at 7 a.m. Wednesday at a St. Petersburg store, and also asked to pay for a caramel macchiato for the driver behind her, who then did the same for the next customer.

After a few people continued the chain, the employees started keeping a tally on a piece of paper by the window.

By 1:30 p.m., 260 people had paid it forward, according to the Tampa Bay Times, ordering their own drinks and paying for one for the stranger behind them. After people ordered their drinks and drove up to the window, barista Vu Nguyen explained that the drink had already been paid for and asked if they'd like to return the favor. In total, 378 people agreed to keep it going.

The baristas thought that if the chain lasted until closing, at 10 p.m., they would put the remaining money on a gift card and continue the next day, according to the Tampa Bay Times. But the chain finally ended in that evening.

At 6 p.m., the 379th customer ended the chain by ordering a coffee and declining to pay for the next one.

Nguyen says he doesn't believe that final customer understood the pay-it-forward concept.

htismaqe 08-21-2014 09:10 AM

I've never done anything that elaborate really.

I always hold doors. I always wait and stop signs and let the other person go. When we're trying to exit a crowded parking lot, like after a Chiefs game, I let other people go before me.

I found that over time, more people do the same for me if I keep doing it.

Our church does a lot of stuff too. We house and run the county food pantry and we buy stuff for shut-ins and the poor.

Halfcan 08-21-2014 09:13 AM

**** customer 379!! Someone needs to pay an ass kicking forward and maybe he will understand next time.

ptlyon 08-21-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10837414)
I've never done anything that elaborate really.

I always hold doors. I always wait and stop signs and let the other person go. When we're trying to exit a crowded parking lot, like after a Chiefs game, I let other people go before me.

I found that over time, more people do the same for me if I keep doing it.

Our church does a lot of stuff too. We house and run the county food pantry and we buy stuff for shut-ins and the poor.

Cheap ass

ptlyon 08-21-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10837416)
**** customer 379!! Someone needs to pay an ass kicking forward and maybe he will understand next time.

DAMN YOU PARKER!

htismaqe 08-21-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10837417)
Cheap ass

ROFL

I spent $74 on total strangers last week and I'm currently organizing a community event which will require me to cook over 200 pounds of pulled pork. The church paid for the meat but I'm paying for the wood and charcoal.

I'm good, at least karmically.

loochy 08-21-2014 09:16 AM

I steal swisher sweets from QuikTrip and give em to my homies

The Franchise 08-21-2014 09:19 AM

Want to pay it forward? That's just fine. But it's not supposed to be this whole "look at what I did" type of bullshit.

Coochie liquor 08-21-2014 09:21 AM

So you mean I can have my coffee for free??
Well yes, but we have a chain of 379 people before you that have paid it forward so far. Wouldn't you like to keep that going??

HELL NAW!! Gimme that free coffee!!

On a serious note, if I'm going thru a drive thru and the chick behin me is hot, I'll buy her food on occasion if she doesn't have a $10 order. Also can't tell you how many times I've helped someone load stuff that's too heavy for them at Lowes or Home Depot.

Halfcan 08-21-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10837422)
ROFL

I spent $74 on total strangers last week and I'm currently organizing a community event which will require me to cook over 200 pounds of pulled pork. The church paid for the meat but I'm paying for the wood and charcoal.

I'm good, at least karmically.

As long as you do a courtesy flush when pooping in a public place- Karma will be on your side.

I was at the airport last week - had to take a piss and some dude- Probably ****ing customer #379 was shitting his guts out- poop fogged the whole john and not one ****ing flush. I hate customer #379!! :cuss:

An Asian guy was standing next to me when I was washing my hands and he says " Eww stinky stinky" real loud. I laughed my ass off. I hope customer #379 heard it.

Flush it forward folks!

Pasta Little Brioni 08-21-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10837427)
Want to pay it forward? That's just fine. But it's not supposed to be this whole "look at what I did" type of bullshit.

Absolutely this right here

htismaqe 08-21-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10837427)

Exactly.

htismaqe 08-21-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10837436)
Also can't tell you how many times I've helped someone load stuff that's too heavy for them at Lowes or Home Depot.

That's what I'm talking about.

I also return carts for people at the store.

It's the little things that add up.

WhawhaWhat 08-21-2014 09:30 AM

Sometimes when I am in line at a fast food place for lunch, I will look at the person behind me and if I think they could use it, I will pay for their lunch too.

Got that idea from a teacher in high school.

ptlyon 08-21-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10837450)
Sometimes when I am in line at a fast food place for lunch, I will look at the person behind me and if I think they could use it, I will pay for their lunch too.

Got that idea from a teacher in high school.

Do you have a weight limitation limit?