ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Sitting at the dealership service department... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285451)

Dante84 08-04-2014 06:22 AM

Sitting at the dealership service department...

Yesterday, I'm driving, and my '05 Infiniti G35x has every light on the dash comes on and the engine and power steering die.

Luckily, I'm able to pull over before the momentum stops, and that I wasn't killed.

I am able to turn the engine back on, with difficulty (I had to give it gas to turn over). My "VDC OFF" and "SLIP" Lights remain on, as does my check engine light.

I look it up, and there's an entire recall for this specific issue. Many people describe specifically what happened to me, and its attributed to this recall issue. Cam/Crankshaft sensors fail due to faulty soldering of a part.

I'm first in line at the Infiniti dealership service dept. today, and the guy tells me that my VIN number doesn't apply to the recall. We both agree that the issue is likely my Cam/Crankshaft sensors due to the overwhelming amount of people who have this issue.

I also have my passenger side airbag failure light on, which was another recall - which they "fixed" in 2012. "If the light is on now, its likely due to actual malfunction. We'll take a look at it."

So, one recall for the exact issue I have doesn't apply, and the other issue I have is something they already "fixed" due to a previous recall.

Before they even look at it, he writes me up for a $140 "diagnosis fee." I told you what the issue is. Thanks for the diagnosis, shit bag.

Mav 08-04-2014 06:30 AM

I owned a Lincoln LS. I realized then that I would have to be far wealthier than I was to own a Luxury car.

My tranny went, and that was $3000.

My starter went that was 300.

Just not worth it. You would think that a luxury car, would mean less to worry about.

We have a 2010 Malibu. never a problem with it, I have a Mazdaspeed3, no problems with it.

Ill stay with the lower tier cars.

I feel for you bro.

RedDread 08-04-2014 06:30 AM

I think I found the problem.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aMcYAs70Io...iti+Logo+4.jpg

Mav 08-04-2014 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 10793248)

That's so mean lol.

Funny, but mean.

Dante84 08-04-2014 06:34 AM

Dudes. I've had the car for 10 years - its worked like a gem.

The only issues are the aforementioned airbag light that's stayed on, and the new issue of a sensor or two ****ing up. Outside of that and preventative maintenance, I've never had anything wrong.

I'll never drive another car, I don't think.

InChiefsHeaven 08-04-2014 06:52 AM

I've heard that they are good cars, but just like any luxury car, when they do break...it ****ing hurts...

Dante84 08-04-2014 06:57 AM

Usually, I'm able to take it to a buddy or really any shop since its essentially a Nissan with earrings.

What I'm pissed about in this case is that I knew the issues, and they're absolutely related to two different recalls. A buck-forty for a "diagnosis" is bullshit, and it's very convenient for them that my VIN doesn't fit the recall.

TribalElder 08-04-2014 06:57 AM

Trade that thing in for a Subaru LMAO

Reerun_KC 08-04-2014 07:33 AM

http://www.unilever.com.au/Images/va...m72-298021.jpg

thought you might need this?

Eleazar 08-04-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10793247)
I owned a Lincoln LS. I realized then that I would have to be far wealthier than I was to own a Luxury car.

Those things were POSes.

bigjosh 08-04-2014 07:52 AM

Cam and crank sensors are a pretty simple fix, if you have any mechanical skills. You could save yourself slmost a mortgage payment in parts and labor by taking a few hours to do it yourself.

morphius 08-04-2014 07:56 AM

I had similar issues with my 05 Altima, they replaced the sensor, didn't stop the problem. Hated that piece of crap. They had a recall on the smaller engine, but not on the one I owned even though tons of people were having the issue. Last Nissan for this family...

Gonzo 08-04-2014 08:11 AM

I think I know someone who will copay you for you no questions asked if you want a new one.

tecumseh 08-04-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10793252)
Dudes. I've had the car for 10 years - its worked like a gem.

The only issues are the aforementioned airbag light that's stayed on, and the new issue of a sensor or two ****ing up. Outside of that and preventative maintenance, I've never had anything wrong.

I'll never drive another car, I don't think.

10 years? It's time, dude.

Dante84 08-04-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 10793412)
10 years? It's time, dude.

I have no car payments. She looks good. She runs fine, save this issue.

I'm probably gonna run this baby into the ground.