ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink We're gonna talk about Quesadillas in here. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284924)

TimBone 07-11-2014 12:30 AM

We're gonna talk about Quesadillas in here.

I'm in the middle of a conversation about quesadillas with a friend on facebook. He's a full blown Mexican, so he knows what's up.

He says his normal quesadilla is sautéed beef, chicken, spinach, pepper jack chees, and sometimes he adds eggs. He also notes that you can stuff pretty much anything inside of a quesadilla.

I personally like his ingredients, although I'd add a guacamole or chipotle sauce to it. One of my other Mexican buddies owns a taco shop, and he makes a killer chipotle sauce. I think I'll get the recipe from him and add it to those quesadilla ingredients. Should be bomb.

Anyway, I'm rambling, lets hear from you guys. Do you like quesadillas? What do you put in yours? Do you prefer sauce or no sauce?

ClevelandBronco 07-11-2014 12:43 AM

Corn tortilla quesadillas >>> flour tortilla quesadillas.

Buehler445 07-11-2014 12:44 AM

I like them.

Chicken and cheese mostly. Sometimes I'll saute up bell peppers and onions.

No sauce on the inside. That's gay. Salsa on the outside to taste.

TimBone 07-11-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10740918)

I'll respect your opinion, sir....but I won't agree with it. What's your problem with flour?

TimBone 07-11-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10740919)
I like them.

Chicken and cheese mostly. Sometimes I'll saute up bell peppers and onions.

I think Bell Peppers and Onions might be the best veggies for quesadillas. Good call, sir.

My buddy said the same thing about sauce. I don't know that I've made my mind up yet. I had one where the dude cooked the sour cream inside with the quesadilla and it was delicious. I do like dipping though.

TimBone 07-11-2014 12:53 AM

How about the chipotle sauce on the outside for dipping?

kcxiv 07-11-2014 01:42 AM

As a Mexican flour kills corn but we usually use corn lol. I just ground up seasoned beef and Monterey jack usually. Sometimes I'll use bacon.

TimBone 07-11-2014 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10740927)
As a Mexican flour kills corn but we usually use corn lol. I just ground up seasoned beef and Monterey jack usually. Sometimes I'll use bacon.

I think bacon is underrated in a quesadilla.

As far as flour vs. corn tortillas, I understand that traditionally Mexicans prefer corn, but I can't even imagine corn tortillas for quesadillas. I'm cool with corn tortillas for everything else, but when I'm talking quesadillas, I'm talking flour.

Tacoman 07-11-2014 02:08 AM

I've been accused of making a killer quesadilla, it's a hit with the late night drunks lol. If I put meat it's usually chicken, sometimes beef. I try not to put too much in the middle with the cheese, the meats always, and maybe some sauteed onions but thats it, everything else goes on top so the crunchiness of the quesadilla doesn't get screwed up.

My secret is that I get a slow bubble going with the butter in the pan, not so hot that you burn the butter, but enough to fry the tortilla, then when you put it in the pan put a teapot on top of the quesadilla. Flip and repeat, and you will have a gluttonously glorious crunch to it. After that I usually put slices of avocado, sautéed peps and onions, maybe some black beans or whatever on top (with sour cream and sriracha too OF COURSE!!)

I love quesadillas almost as much as tacos!! :D

kcxiv 07-11-2014 02:11 AM

Hell I'll even use turkey bacon. Certain turkey bacon brands are really freaking good. I try all kinds of meats and mixtures lol. If u can get home made flour tortillas omg makes all the difference in the world. Costco has awesome home made flour tortillas u have to basically cook/warm up. Better then the packaged ones.

In thew end use what u think can taste better can't go wrong.

TimBone 07-11-2014 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacoman (Post 10740930)
I've been accused of making a killer quesadilla, it's a hit with the late night drunks lol. If I put meat it's usually chicken, sometimes beef. I try not to put too much in the middle with the cheese, the meats always, and maybe some sauteed onions but thats it, everything else goes on top so the crunchiness of the quesadilla doesn't get screwed up.

My secret is that I get a slow bubble going with the butter in the pan, not so hot that you burn the butter, but enough to fry the tortilla, then when you put it in the pan put a teapot on top of the quesadilla. Flip and repeat, and you will have a gluttonously glorious crunch to it. After that I usually put slices of avocado, sautéed peps and onions, maybe some black beans or whatever on top (with sour cream and sriracha too OF COURSE!!)

I love quesadillas almost as much as tacos!! :D

You wanna come over to my house right now? PM'ing address.

WhawhaWhat 07-11-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10740919)

I like Tobasco on the inside.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-11-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10740918)

ROFL not a damn chance in hell

Katipan 07-11-2014 07:05 AM

Corn/street tacos are far better than flour. Don't see why it would be any different with melted cheese.

In58men 07-11-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10740965)
ROFL not a damn chance in hell

For once we can agree on something other than we both know you're a douche.