ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 3, Heat 11 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284818)

Rain Man 07-05-2014 02:48 PM

SceneItAll Tournament: Round 3, Heat 11

Changing things up a little in Round 3. I will present five scenes, and you will pick your TWO favorite scenes. The top two vote-getters will advance to Round 4, and others will have a chance at a wildcard spot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RaIjYvIayj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fTN7Mhv59KA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H4czfr15Ijc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pXJx5mORmMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uE9_2vIlAmU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TLO 07-05-2014 02:52 PM

inb4

PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Pitt Gorilla 07-05-2014 02:54 PM

Tough, tough heat.

TLO 07-05-2014 02:56 PM

Pulp and Hanibal

Rain Man 07-05-2014 02:58 PM

My top two are clear, but it's almost impossible to pick between them. My votes:

#1 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Help me keep the dancing barmaids alive! This scene has everything. It's got comedy, it's good good music, it's got interesting dialogue, and it's got very, very hot dancing German barmaids. This one ... could ... go ... all ... the ... way!

#2 - Back to the Future. This scene has a lot of similar elements to the #1 scene, and could easily be #1. This one is actually funnier, but the difference maker is that the music went downhill at the end here, albeit necessary for the plot, and there were no very, very hot dancing German barmaids.

#3 -Pulp Fiction. This is a decent scene with a couple of good lines. However, I don't think it's a game changer, so it's well below Scenes #1 and #2. Plus, no barmaids.

#4 - Silence of the Lambs. This is another decent scene, but I think it's definitely gone as far as it deserves. It's really more of a setup scene that introduces characters than a highlight scene where those characters are at their finest. And Clarice is a far cry from a dancing German barmaid.

#5 - Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Cute young woman, but that's it. She's no dancing German barmaid.

Infidel Goat 07-05-2014 06:20 PM

I guess I'm the anti-Rain Man tonight. There's no way I'll vote for either Ferris Bueller or Back to the Future.

My gut tells me to vote for Pulp Fiction and Silence of the Lambs. I'll hold my vote, though, and vote for Phoebe Cates if Fast Times has a better chance of moving on that one of the other two...

Rain Man 07-05-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 10732126)
I guess I'm the anti-Rain Man tonight. There's no way I'll vote for either Ferris Bueller or Back to the Future.

My gut tells me to vote for Pulp Fiction and Silence of the Lambs. I'll hold my vote, though, and vote for Phoebe Cates if Fast Times has a better chance of moving on that one of the other two...

No. No fair. No pile-on voting. You have to vote for your favorite scenes, which are Ferris Bueller and Back to the Future. You know that those are the two scenes that make you feel better after than before.

Infidel Goat 07-05-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10732132)
No. No fair. No pile-on voting. You have to vote for your favorite scenes, which are Ferris Bueller and Back to the Future. You know that those are the two scenes that make you feel better after than before.

Phoebe Cates > German barmaids.

Rain Man 07-05-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 10732140)
Phoebe Cates > German barmaids.

I must respectfully disagree. Phoebe is a cute teenager, but those barmaids are otherworldly. They're enthusiastic, beautiful, friendly, and wearing hot German barmaid outfits.

Gadzooks 07-05-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10732192)
I must respectfully disagree. Phoebe is a cute teenager, but those barmaids are otherworldly. They're enthusiastic, beautiful, friendly, and wearing hot German barmaid outfits.

The barmaids only tease. Phoebe shows her boobies.

This scene was revolutionary. Most who watched this scene were awkward teenage boys. It was the most fappable mainstream scene of it's time and was the inspiration of Mr.Skin.com.

The fact that you were 35 when it came out may skew your opinion.

Easy 6 07-05-2014 10:05 PM

Its Fast Times you dweebs, the clear winner.

Infidel Goat 07-06-2014 07:04 AM

http://media.giphy.com/media/MkxZKy77sWoEw/giphy.gif

Rain Man 07-06-2014 09:10 AM

Wow, this has turned into a battle. I worry a little that back to the future and Ferris Bueller are splitting the cool music scene vote, and that Ferris Bueller and fast times are splitting the attractive woman vote.

Rain Man 07-06-2014 07:38 PM

No, no, no, people. We need Johnny B. Goode in the next round. Think with the parts above your waist.

Infidel Goat 07-07-2014 10:32 AM

Phoebe Cates needs votes!