ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Justin Britt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283577)

Chiefaholic 05-10-2014 09:55 AM

Justin Britt

I live in the small town of Lebanon, MO (population 15,000). Over the years we've had some pretty good football teams, but never had anybody drafted. We came close in 96 with Mike Wehner who played Center for Miami, went undrafted and tried out for four teams. But, this year our very own Justin Britt played LT for Missouri and was drafted by Seattle at the end of the second round. Props to Justin for being the first person ever to get drafted from Lebanon.

I've never been a fan of any player NOT playing for the Chiefs. But, times have changed and Seattle is a pretty sweet landing spot for a quick opportunity to get to the big show.

ptlyon 05-10-2014 09:59 AM

Very cool! Congrats :)

Deberg_1990 05-10-2014 10:00 AM

Very cool!

Mr. Flopnuts 05-10-2014 10:07 AM

That guy was a projected 5th round pick. Ask John Schneider if he gives a shit. LOL I wish the kid luck. Seattle is unconventional, and when they like someone, they're not afraid to snatch him up.

BlackHelicopters 05-10-2014 10:12 AM

#TrezelleJenkins

Chiefaholic 08-10-2014 08:10 PM

I'm watching our hometown guy, Justin Britt against the Donks tonight. So far he's done a pretty decent job as a rookie. He's only allowed one sack against TJ Ward through the first half.

Bufkin 08-10-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 10618941)
I live in the small town of Lebanon, MO (population 15,000). Over the years we've had some pretty good football teams, but never had anybody drafted. We came close in 96 with Mike Wehner who played Center for Miami, went undrafted and tried out for four teams. But, this year our very own Justin Britt played LT for Missouri and was drafted by Seattle at the end of the second round. Props to Justin for being the first person ever to get drafted from Lebanon.

I've never been a fan of any player NOT playing for the Chiefs. But, times have changed and Seattle is a pretty sweet landing spot for a quick opportunity to get to the big show.

You're obviously not familiar with Kody Tipton. K-Tip45 was supposed to be our savior. Too bad Blackywell couldn't stay healthy.

-LHS graduate

Bufkin 08-10-2014 08:22 PM

But yeah, I'm wishing Britt the best of luck. I only went to high school with him for a year, but he seemed like an alright guy. Got to interview him on the radio about a month ago and he seems pretty humble. They had a Justin Britt Day for him at the high school and a lot of people attended.

Pitt Gorilla 08-10-2014 08:23 PM

If Britt hadn't hurt his knee, he'd have been drafted even higher. Dude is a tenacious player.

BullJunkandIron 08-10-2014 08:36 PM

Patrick "fat prick" Egan thought he was all that at LHS.

Bufkin 08-10-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo Skin (Post 10809589)
Patrick "fat prick" Egan thought he was all that at LHS.

Who dat

ChiefsCountry 08-10-2014 08:39 PM

Camdenton and Waynesville thump Lebanon all the time and Lebanon has the player drafted in the NFL. :)

*Disclosure both schools above have had NFL players in the past.

Bufkin 08-10-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10809598)
Camdenton and Waynesville thump Lebanon all the time and Lebanon has the player drafted in the NFL. :)

*Disclosure both schools above have had NFL players in the past.

Me thinks you haven't experienced Ozark Conference football in awhile. Ever since Bob Shore left Camdenton, we have done a pretty good job beating Camdenton. Waynesville has only beaten us once or twice since LJ Fort played.

CoMoChief 08-10-2014 08:41 PM

The only thing Lebanon is good for is Bennett Springs

Bufkin 08-10-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10809602)
The only thing Lebanon is good for is Bennett Springs

For those that love gospel music, our Brumley Gospel week is nationally recognized and sees tourists from all across the nation. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're probably not a gospel fan though.